What is the daftest weight related thing someone has ever said to you?

Options

Replies

• Rebecca0224
    Rebecca0224 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    3bambi3 wrote: »
    cqbkaju wrote: »
    3bambi3 wrote: »
    Not directed at me, but women used to be barred from competing in the ski jump for fear that it would weaken the muscles holding their uterus in place and the uterus would 'wander.'

Maybe they were worried about prolapse. Woman lands a great jump but her uterus falls out, not good for viewers lol
  • lulalacroix
    lulalacroix Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    I want to ask all the acv thread starters where they are getting their info from. Just curious

I saw an ad for it on facebook.
  • cqbkaju
    cqbkaju Posts: 1,011 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    SueSueDio wrote: »
    Very true... Darwin's Law isn't what it used to be. :)
    They did a study while back, it is due to the Industrial Revolution, in part.
    Medical advances are also a big reason.
    We are no longer skimming off the gene pool fast enough.

In fact "dumb" people (IQ 99 or lower, IQ 100 is average intelligence) are out-breeding people of above average intelligence (IQ 101+) at a rate of about 3 to 1.

"Survival of the fittest" roughly means "Survival of the form that will leave the most copies of itself in successive generations."

So, we have that to look forward to.

A related study points the the number of C-Section births passing on the genes for a small birth canal that would have previously killed the baby and/or mother in childbirth.
  • cqbkaju
    edited February 2017
    Options
    That's not how I would evaluate a quack
    The evaluation was not for quacks, per se.
    That was for whether or not you should give someone's fitness advice preferential treatment.

Skepticism and spotting quacks in general is a different discussion. B)
  • VanVanDiane
    VanVanDiane Posts: 1,382 Member
    Options
    That calories in, calories out is all there is to weight loss. I don't consider calories at all and I've lost a great deal of weight. It required a few weird tricks, but now I'm as thin as I've ever been, and doctors hate me.

:smiley: I see what you did there
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    I want to ask all the acv thread starters where they are getting their info from. Just curious

I saw an ad for it on facebook.

Was it Bragg's?
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Was it Bragg's?
    I use Bragg's ACV to wash my hair. Keeps the pH balanced out.

And look at the stunning results. Your profile picture speaks to the efficacy! >:)

In all seriousness, I assume you have hair now? I do know a vinegar rinse is good for hair. A lot of people swear by it.
  • cqbkaju
    Options
    Was it Bragg's?
    I use Bragg's ACV to wash my hair. Keeps the pH balanced out.

And look at the stunning results. Your profile speaks to the efficacy!

B)
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    I used to do a vinegar rinse back when I started dyeing my hair "unnatural" colours that wash out rapidly. Allegedly it set the colour better. Lies. At least for me.
  • cqbkaju
    edited February 2017
    Options
    In all seriousness, I assume you have hair now? I do know a vinegar rinse is good for hair. A lot of people swear by it.
    I keep my hair really short (as in no-guard beard clippers) in the winter.
    I often use ACV on my scalp when I shower; it seems to help with dry skin, razor burn and the like.
    Some people might not like the exhilarating sensation it you get the vinegar in a cut...

I am not sure what good it might do for people with considerably more hair but I seem to notice a difference in my scalp if I don't use it.

I went to ACV because it was cheaper and more simple than all kinds of after-shave and skin conditioning concoctions that head-shaving guys usually end up trying.

Head gloss? Head polish? Head lube?
    People seeing it on the bathroom counter...
    You can't make this stuff up.

post hoc ergo propter hoc

• GottaBurnEmAll
    Options
    I used to do a vinegar rinse back when I started dyeing my hair "unnatural" colours that wash out rapidly. Allegedly it set the colour better. Lies. At least for me.

I dyed my hair funky colors for about ten years. I gave up on vinegar helping after about 6 months. It didn't work for me either.