Judgemental People

Options
12346»

Replies

• JodieLBradbury
    JodieLBradbury Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    A cheeseburger is 300 calories. Surely as long as the person is logging the calories for the burger and staying within their daily amount then it's nobody elses business what they are eating? No it's not the healthiest thing to be eating, 6 days a week, but it's their choice. They might not be here for the same reason as you so unless they ask for your opinion on the matter then it's really got nothing to do with you.
  • lapamperedchef
    Options
    Your post is refreshing and here is why -

Every community as you know is comprised of individuals who refuse to accept responsibility for their "lot" in life. Regardless if it revolves around obesity, drug addiction, sex addiction, not having the ability to manage their money, being irresponsible. These same people will tell you that "nothing is their fault and everybody else is responsible for what ails them, or their problems.

The cool part about advice is to you take what you need and leave the rest. Right? We are all here to help, we just do it in different ways, and we can't hand a script to others and say "Please only give me advice that's going to make me feel good, even if it's not the truth."

The reason I weigh over 300 lbs is because I bent my elbow and put way too much food in my mouth and didn't exercise. I chose to binge. No one held a gun to my head and said "I am commanding you to binge or I will kill your son or yourself."

Do I have an addictive personality?

Abos****inlutley.

But at the end of the day the choices I made are mine alone. This bull**** about "It's not my fault" is happy horse****.

So I will make a deal with you -- You are 24 years old, and I am 48. I am old enough to be your mom and for 24 years old you are wise beyond your years, in fact I know many doctors, lawyers, and other professionals who are light years behind you when it comes to common sense and seeing the real picture.

But I digress -- My point is, you stay on my *kitten* and judge the hell out of me, and I will do likewise. My thinking is that at the end of this journey you and I will both be healthy and fit because we were accountable and accepted help while the other whiny baby pissy pants who can't stand to hear the truth are still going to be fat, overweight, sad, and miserable.

Whattya say?

Tell it like it is!
  • Ms_Natalie
    Ms_Natalie Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    Hello fellow MFP peeps,
    Just a quick note to say, if someone says something that personally upsets you or breaks the forum rules, then please report it. Seriously, if you feel that upset by a member's post, then please report it. If you read something you disagree with then please just ignore it and move to another thread. This forum is an incredible place and is growing by the day: You must remember that we are all individuals and we all have different diet methods and we all have our own ways of learning, advising and living.

Ms_Natalie

MyFitnessPal Forum Moderator
  • daniran
    daniran Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I don't know how this all got started. What I do know is that you care and have a good heart. Otherwise you wouldn't be on here writing this. Some people can't be pleased no matter what:noway: ; for some a pitty party is a way of life:cry: ; and for some - it's misery :frown: wanting company.

I believe you were trying to be helpful and had the best of intentions. But, you can't please everyone....
  • amoffatt
    amoffatt Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Thats why I love Jillian Michaels, she breaks ya down to see what one can truly do to accomplish their goals in life.
  • TK421NotAtPost
    TK421NotAtPost Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Sometimes it isn't about being overly sensitive or thin-skinned. I see a lot of fights here that seem to be caused by people who feel really strongly about their beliefs in what the best diet is or how much protein, carb, and fat should be consumed, insulin control vs. total calories, etc..etc..etc. These types of discussions seem to escalate into heated arguments pretty quickly. A few weeks ago, just asking about low carb would almost guarantee the thread would cause an argument whereby MFPers would be hurling insults at each other.
  • Jeneba
    Jeneba Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Like!!! (Bunches of Nothing!!!)
  • fangedneko
    fangedneko Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    A cheeseburger is 300 calories. Surely as long as the person is logging the calories for the burger and staying within their daily amount then it's nobody elses business what they are eating? No it's not the healthiest thing to be eating, 6 days a week, but it's their choice. They might not be here for the same reason as you so unless they ask for your opinion on the matter then it's really got nothing to do with you.

How about, if you don't want feedback, advice, and criticism, then don't post on a public forum.
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    its all part of the pussifaction of modern society ....... stand for whats right your an extremist hate monger
  • voluptas63
    voluptas63 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    its all part of the pussifaction of modern society ....... stand for whats right your an extremist hate monger

Even with your grammatical errors, I still love you for the use of the word "pussification" and term "extremist hate monger".
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options

Even with your grammatical errors, I still love you for the use of the word "pussification" and term "extremist hate monger".

lol thx
  • SiltyPigeon
    SiltyPigeon Posts: 920 Member
    Options

"Pussifaction of modern society"... hahaha. Don't even get me started on 5 year old T-Ball. Everyone gets an equal turn and they don't keep score. *face palm*

Oh.... and they hand out the "Guide to Parental Behavior" at the start of the season. *double face palm*