Dating and dieting

Options

Replies

• JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    if no one cares about my self control why are you saying EVERYONE wants to eat after alcohol. Why does your opinion count if mine doesnt. 500 calories is plenty for 3-4 drinks its not WAY over

by the way you straight up asked who only just drinks and then got mad when i responded. Interesting
  • NoAnalHere
    NoAnalHere Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    subcounter wrote: »
    I mean I guess this heavily depends on the person. I am not much for expensive dinner first dates, and I find them boring. They don't give an impression about you ever, rather your trivial choices in that moment. There is nothing wrong with being straight forward about your nutrition either.

A good date for example was just walking around town, stopping by small craft shops, talking about everything and nothing. I think I remember 8 hours non stop talking with small rests in between my fav coffee shop, some random benches, and few buildings I know the designs of (Amazing views from the roof). The places were rather just slight background changes. I guess this heavily depends on the town though. Tokyo is amazing on foot.

Totally agree. I'm not going to be spending a lot of money on first dates. It's a "can I be around this person for long periods of time" I understand breaking the ice with a drink (I'm 24 that's our default) but drinks get expensive and the logical part of my brain is "I don't know how much they drink what if a drunk stranger turns super bad" and I need to put my best foot forward with judgment and not be buzzed on a date.

But I also live in NYC which gives me the luxury of easily finding outdoor activities besides food and drinks someone from a rural or suburbs might not have the same luxury
  • JaydedMiss
    Options
    subcounter wrote: »
    I mean I guess this heavily depends on the person. I am not much for expensive dinner first dates, and I find them boring. They don't give an impression about you ever, rather your trivial choices in that moment. There is nothing wrong with being straight forward about your nutrition either.

A good date for example was just walking around town, stopping by small craft shops, talking about everything and nothing. I think I remember 8 hours non stop talking with small rests in between my fav coffee shop, some random benches, and few buildings I know the designs of (Amazing views from the roof). The places were rather just slight background changes. I guess this heavily depends on the town though. Tokyo is amazing on foot.

I bet you make your dates swoon thats awesome :P
  • K3rB3ar89
    K3rB3ar89 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Because normally if you sit at a place on a date you have acouple drinks and eat food or snack. You visit and talk.. sounds like a sloppy date if your there too just drink. Maybe we have diff ideas of a date. If i went on a date im not going to say nope can't eat drank over calories.. lol... your there to enjoy yourself
  • JaydedMiss
    Options
    K3rB3ar89 wrote: »
    Because normally if you sit at a place on a date you have acouple drinks and eat food or snack. You visit and talk.. sounds like a sloppy date if your there too just drink. Maybe we have diff ideas of a date. If i went on a date im not going to say nope can't eat drank over calories.. lol... your there to enjoy yourself

Your entire arguement was ...and ill quote...Now your argueing about this? Im so confused on what your point is
    3 or 4 drinks is WAY above 500... you may wanna play around with mfp. Alcohol and pop is loaded with calories. Its scary..

Im so done :neutral:
  • K3rB3ar89
    Options
    You must be such a fun date;)
  • JaydedMiss
    edited February 2017
    Options
    nice. Jabbing at me when your proven wrong XD Classy

Sorry OP I was being helpful before this XD
    You must be such a fun date;)

• K3rB3ar89
    Options
    I was never proven wrong by anything. I was making a point. Dates usually involve food and alcohol. As said its the "default". Your basically arguing that im wrong because if i was it wouldnt be the topic of HOW TO AVOID IT. So good for you to say you have self control and can have 3 or 4 drinks without food. Most people dont have the control. And no MOST drinks people want to drink are over the limit. Realistically most people will NOT drink ONLY within the limit because realistically everyone loves the drinks that arent healthy and they wouldnt be anyone's first choice.

• K3rB3ar89
    Options
    My advise to the op is..have fun eat drink what you want. You deserve one night a week to do what you want but dont lose sight of your goal ciz its easy to fall off the wagon and forget about whats important
  • JaydedMiss
    edited February 2017
    Options
    My advise to the op is..have fun eat drink what you want. You deserve one night a week to do what you want but dont lose sight of your goal ciz its easy to fall off the wagon and forget about whats important
    I need help. How do you balance dating and dieting? I've lost 50 pounds in the last year and feel confident and pretty for the first time in forever. I still have a little ways to go but I'm comfortable with where I'm at. My question is how do I balance dating and dieting? I want to go out and I want to eat all the food and I want to drink all the drinks and I want to meet all the boys. The problem is I can't fit this in my calorie range. I don't want to unload the whole "I used to be fat" thing right away. Yes, I really enjoy the smoke meats and whiskey and I enjoy a carefree evening. The problem is I have three or four of these a week... What in the hell am I supposed to do?

3-4 isnt one night a week. But yeah she should do her thing she clearly enjoys it so thats her priorities
  • K3rB3ar89
    Options
    Clearly your right. Im giving advise from someone who has experiance. I know nothing. Grow up.
  • K3rB3ar89
    Options
    I was giving advise. Thats why were all here..
  • JaydedMiss
    edited February 2017
    Options
    why are you attacking me this time i simply pointed out its 3-4 nights a week not one...

And then agreed with you..

super not worth it XD goodnight OP Hope you continue your badass dates and your second date turns to a third :3

Take a guy for shared nachos for me! ^_-
    Clearly your right. Im giving advise from someone who has experiance. I know nothing. Grow up.

• misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,767 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Veganism is a choice that some people make due to "ethical" concerns, but it is not a fast-track to slim - there are plenty of overweight vegans in the world.

Meat is delicious. Yum, yum.
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I live in a very small village, so dating opportunities are pretty much non-existent (more cows and chicken than humans...) and those that are around... let's just say I think I'd rather kiss a zombie.

Can't wait for my move in September to some place with living, breathing humans and not needing to drive for 1 hour to get to anywhere. I want to take my new me out for a stroll! So I'm kinda looking forward to having the OP's problem :tongue:
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    bbell1985 wrote: »
    Katimira wrote: »

Whenever I'm going out, I try to burn "drink calories" on the treadmill. In my head, 500 calories = 3 or 4 drinks (depending on what I'm drinking).

how you getting 4 drinks out of 500 calories?

Easy. Tequila shots are 95 calories each.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    3 or 4 drinks is WAY above 500... you may wanna play around with mfp. Alcohol and pop is loaded with calories. Its scary..

No. Just no. Less than 100 calories for a shot of hard liquor.
  • Katimira
    Katimira Posts: 50 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    bbell1985 wrote: »
    Katimira wrote: »

Whenever I'm going out, I try to burn "drink calories" on the treadmill. In my head, 500 calories = 3 or 4 drinks (depending on what I'm drinking).

how you getting 4 drinks out of 500 calories?

On nights when I want more than one drink, I have vodka soda. The OP drinks whiskey. Straight up whiskey is about 80 calories. As for the food, you can have that on a regular calorie budget, especially if you accept to go at maintenance on days when you have dates as others have suggested. It will slow down the progress but weight loss should still be possible.

• SisterSueGetsFit
    SisterSueGetsFit Posts: 1,211 Member
    Options
    Thanks to everyone for the replies. I guess, having lost 50 pounds already, I know what I have to do...it's just really hard to do while dating. I'm not ALWAYS having that many dates, but it's been crazy lately. I've basically narrowed it down to 1 guy and if this doesn't work out I'm taking a break for a while. I enjoy dating for the most part, but it can be exhausting, expensive and unhealthy.
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options
    Thanks to everyone for the replies. I guess, having lost 50 pounds already, I know what I have to do...it's just really hard to do while dating. I'm not ALWAYS having that many dates, but it's been crazy lately. I've basically narrowed it down to 1 guy and if this doesn't work out I'm taking a break for a while. I enjoy dating for the most part, but it can be exhausting, expensive and unhealthy.

Hihi instead of a dieting break... you'll need to take a dating break :sweat_smile: