WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2017

Options

Replies

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Regarding Olive Garden nutrition: Go to Olive Garden.com. There is a nutrition link. Nutrition | Olive Garden Italian Restaurants

I printed this and have it available to use whenever we are planning to eat there because I like to plan ahead. It includes calorie information and also nutritional contents for those of us with food allergies & sensitivities. You can also ask for this information when you arrive at the restaurant.
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Jana ~ I hated making plans for subs. I feel for all the work you are doing.

Carol
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday. Started the day after a 12 hour fast to have lab/blood draw, had to wait over an hour to get seen, wow I was ready to cry from being so hungry :(
    I am feeling productive:

:) lab work done
    :/ Taxes in to the accountant
    :p Workout done
    <3 Lentil cooking on the stove
    o:) bathroom cleanup begins

Take care everyone. NYKAREN
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Allie ~ I hope you didn't put your pay check in the joint account.
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,345 Member
    Options
    Made brownies for Vince to have when we get back from FL. Then made chocolate cookies to take with us.

Went to WalMart and they were selling Girl Scout cookies outside the store. I know if Vince had been with me, he would have bought some. But I didn't (sorry Rori) because he has enough that he should finish before we go to FL

Lenora - You can drink too much water. But I think it's something like 300oz. I routinely have over 100oz/day

Michele in NC
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    Ginger -- love the photos of your mom! She's one special lady - happy birthday to her and hopefully many more to come. Are there any grandchildren/great-grands she's able to spend time with? Some of my best memories are of my dear grandmother who lived next door to us when I was a child...actually the next farm over from us. Fun to walk to the grandparents and spend an afternoon...she dropped her chores (or let us help) and was always glad to entertain us. A blessing for both of us!

Katla, we too have an "egg lady" -- their hens starting laying a month or so ago which is early... we go through a lot of eggs and it's nice to get some fresh from the farm - I swear the yolks stand up 1/2 inch high. I miss having hens.

Karen, hoping you and your partner have a safe journey and a good trip. Hope Olivia is holding her own.

Love the kitty stories..... I think they DO have nine lives. I know we too have had some (and old dogs too) who've been in sad shape...just when we'd get ready to "make the appointment" they'd rally. Bless their hearts. Guess they thought we needed them around for a while longer.

Teachers, you are my hero's... I think it's a tougher job all the time. I admire folks who have the heart to lead these little ones.

Well, DH and I have our 40th anniversary tomorrow. Not doing anything special. As I look back, it's been quite an adventure. Marriage for us has been many stages... and I think we are now in the "caretaker" stage. We are doing our best to encourage each other to be as healthy as possible and are more willing to take each other's advice - actually depend on each other's input before we make a decision. When we both worked long hours, seems we were sometimes strangers living in the same house.

Allie, hoping you and Tom are able to see a counselor, that may help if you both are determined to make it work. I understand why churches often have "couples retreats" - if they are done well, many problems can be headed off at the pass if both are willing to work toward a common goal.

But going down that counseling route is sometimes painful. Heartfelt good wishes going your way!

Warm springy weather coming this week! The flood waters are receding.... happy Saturday everyone!

Lanette
    SW WA State
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,703 Member
    Options
    Peach- Carol - no it will be going into my account and I will transfer into joint..
    I will look into counseling/ marriage retreat...
  • lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    Rori - sorry to miss you, but hope JanetR gets a chance to see you...

Loved the UK, lived there for nearly six years, and didn't take near enough advantage of being in Europe to see other countries, only Germany, Belgium and Luxembourg. Then again, was young, and broke! :) Girlfriend-only vacations are kinda awesome. Totally different vibe than family or couple time off together.

Lazy day today, mini-shopping trip to Wally World, and back at the warehouse. Hubby's tucked up with a book, and I will be shortly.

Love y'all,
    Lisa in West Texas (91 degrees today)
  • ljdw99
    ljdw99 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    :)
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,212 Member
    Options
    Penny! Penny! Penny! <3

Rori and I hope to fix up a meeting in London in October. It's a long way ahead so anything could happen, but we are aiming to do something together. :D

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • Charleen2
    Charleen2 Posts: 223 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Jana in VA - Boy the person who was handling your license renewal was just the cream of the crop. Now a days I carry my passport to state offices where they are likely to request proof of birth/citizenship and have found most of them when given a passport get quiet and just process the papers with no further comment.

Rori - Mars is so cute! Glad to see him hard at work given the wind we have had for the past 3 days. And dog people just don't get how much we value our paperweights.

Charleen in Colorado (DD took me walking all over CSU campus for the morning playing/catching Pokemom)
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    <3:)<3
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Re, oh lordy.. OK my brain went to the movie ,"History of the World part 1" with Mel Brooks. Madeline Kahn is choosing, saying "Yes, no, no, no, no, yes. ......then on a high note YES".... I know Mel Brook humor is a bit off but...that's me!
    Wouldn't it be wonderful to live in a money free society, just using the barter system? OK I shall trade you some of my fine tomatoes for some of your beautiful eggs. *long sigh*
    Becca
    Oregon
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    Canookie, when I die I want to come back as a doxie and lounge on your couch :-)

Lanette
    SW WA State
  • gotu52
    gotu52 Posts: 315 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Marni I made this tomato sauce in my slow cooker today. I like it because it uses things I always have and is very simple. I tripled the recipe and it made 3 jars of approximately 3 cups each. Best of all, it is delicious: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/58854/slow-cooker-tomato-sauce/

<3 Sarah
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Kate UK