40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Replies

• ihavebeenherkind
    ihavebeenherkind Posts: 17 Member
    Sorry it's so cold for you folls up north. It's 75 degrees in Texas. Great day for me and the dogs to take an hour long walk in the park. Your perseverance in the snow is inspiring! :)
  • larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    Sorry it's so cold for you folls up north. It's 75 degrees in Texas. Great day for me and the dogs to take an hour long walk in the park. Your perseverance in the snow is inspiring! :)

It's 77F here in NW Florida this afternoon. Crazy warm weather this winter.
  • larrodarro
    TmacMMM wrote: »
    They use pine straw a lot in NC as well. I hadn't realized that I didn't see it any more when we moved north.

They use more bark for landscaping up north. It actually works a lot better than pinestraw.
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    So...today was supposed to be "Beast: Cardio". I've been avoiding that for...reasons I guess. Just not a favorite. So "T25 Core Speed"=Done!

hu0uyk433lx6.jpg
  • misscagal
    misscagal Posts: 195 Member
    HIIT done yesterday but only squeezed 7k instead of 16 as pkanned. Sloppy, slushy roads!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 12,096 Member
    Lifting done!
  • jennknut
    jennknut Posts: 32 Member
    Invested in a Withings Wifi scale which also measures bone mass, muscle and fat so not focusing on just actual "weight" Still down 2 sizes but the scale creeps up so it is time to watch portions and make better choices. I work in an ER and it is surprising how many bad food choices there are and the switch from day to night shifts is getting harder the older I get. I am 48 and will be 49 in July. I hit the gym 3-5x a week. HIT and weights are done for the day. Time to take the dog out for a walk! :smiley:
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Great day today. Did a 27km walk for The Push for Change. Over 34,000 steps! thepushforchange.com
  • gam3rguy
    "Body Beast Build: Chest/Tris"=Done!
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Happy Monday kids. Hope all of you had a great weekend. I appreciate the strength that lifting heavier is giving me, but man oh man, the soreness is a force to reckon with. The gym has added a new class called Muscle Tension Relase (MTR). It's a 30 minute stretching class where foam rollers are used. The participants are age 40+ and all you hear is varied moaning and groaning because everyone is so tight from lifting, boot camp/crossfit, etc. Keep up the great work everyone. Encouragement goes a long way.
  • larrodarro
    Happy Monday kids. Hope all of you had a great weekend. I appreciate the strength that lifting heavier is giving me, but man oh man, the soreness is a force to reckon with. The gym has added a new class called Muscle Tension Relase (MTR). It's a 30 minute stretching class where foam rollers are used. The participants are age 40+ and all you hear is varied moaning and groaning because everyone is so tight from lifting, boot camp/crossfit, etc. Keep up the great work everyone. Encouragement goes a long way.

One of the You Tube AT thru hikers this year plans on doing the foam rollers, as well as other recovery methods, while on the trail.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=qEqKgVxr560&t=166s
  • gam3rguy
    "Body Beast Bulk: Legs"=Done!
  • tojo_73
    tojo_73 Posts: 213 Member
    Morning all. Been a while since I posted. I redid the floor in my daughters room last weekend for her birthday and managed to strain my back pretty bad so have been taking the last week off (the floor looks nice though). Planning to ski with the family of Friday so am taking this week off of exercise as well. Managed to contract what my kids are calling a man cold over the weekend ;) so all in all it hasn't been the best couple of weeks. The snow in the city should be gone be the end of the week which will be nice (sorry to those of you in the North East of NA who are getting another 50-80cm).
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Hi all, no workout yesterday. Long day at work and then headed home to make a special bday dinner for my hubby.
    It's snowing pretty hard out there today. It may be just a walk & curling.
  • marcus1013
    marcus1013 Posts: 7 Member
    I hope everyone had a great Valentine's Day!
    I actually managed to avoid the chocolates! And went walking with my wife. Keep up the good work with reaching your goals!