Why is my weight loss unsuccessful

Options

Replies

• chynaloveee1
    chynaloveee1 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    @Look_Its_Kriss so I shouldn't go by the serving size?
  • chynaloveee1
    Options
    @Look_Its_Kriss as for the chicken I weigh it on my food scale when it's done cooking ... should I do it raw?
  • chynaloveee1
    Options
    I try to make my cal goal but by the end of the day it's too much . I eat 3 meal a day a typically a snack, which is a lot for me because I'm use to eating just one big meal a day
  • chynaloveee1
    Options
    @SierraFatToSkinny I'm on my period right now lol
  • SierraFatToSkinny
    SierraFatToSkinny Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I've been eating 1800 to 2000 and backpacking on weekends.

I've lost 10 pounds in a month. I'm pretty sure I've lost more, but I'm retaining water again. Lol.
  • SierraFatToSkinny
    SierraFatToSkinny Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    It's seriously discouraging to not see results.

Especially in the beginning.
  • Katie3924
    Katie3924 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    • Rather personal and feel free not to answer, but are you constipated? When you switch your diet suddenly that can happen, and it can definitely slow down your apparent weight loss.
    • Also echoing what others have said about weighing your food more precisely. Over time you'll learn to estimate it close enough, but for now, weigh.
    • When you do weigh yourself, do it at the same time and in the same clothes. Don't do it more than once a week, you won't see daily progress and sometimes you gain a little and that gets incredibly frustrating.
    • Also, don't stress so much. You're doing the right things. Keep doing them. It'll happen.
  • lemonychild
    lemonychild Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    SLLeask wrote: »
    Ya all are really over complicating this, bottom line, the duration of her weight loss journey is not long enough for anything to really occur

Maybe, but, at the OP's height and weight, and if her diary logging had been very accurate then she should have lost weight even in just two weeks. Clearly it's not accurate given the chicken entries, no harm in getting in early and helping point out logging errors. Early intervention may help with later success.

Besides, someone may be lurking and reading and maybe further into their journey and not losing, they may see parallels with this thread and it may help them...

Really? Do you have a 100 bulletproof on that statement you just wrote ? Just because that happens to you, doesn't mean it happens to 100 % people,. If weightloss was a 2 week endeavor we'd all be walking around in bomb bodies

• CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    Options
    SLLeask wrote: »
    Ya all are really over complicating this, bottom line, the duration of her weight loss journey is not long enough for anything to really occur

Maybe, but, at the OP's height and weight, and if her diary logging had been very accurate then she should have lost weight even in just two weeks.

Not necessarily. She would have lost fat but it would be easily masked by water retention from the new workouts. I agree with others who say it is too early to tell.

OP, give it more time. In the meantime, stop undereating, it is not good for you. If you are getting too full, add some less-filling foods. Increasing carbs and fats is the easiest way to do that. But make sure your logging is accurate.
  • jelleigh
    jelleigh Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    I haven't read through all the responses yet but for me , I rarely see changes within the first three weeks. It's like my body is adapting to what I'm doing and realising that it's a "new normal" and then it starts letting go of weight. I've seen it a number of times and it was the reason why I think I've been so unsuccessful before because I was expecting results too quickly. Up your calorie intake a bit (1200 is very low for someone with your stats) , stick to the plan, and it will work out. You just need to be patient.