Foods You Wish They Would Bring Back?

Replies

• autumnblade75
    autumnblade75 Posts: 1,660 Member
    try2again wrote: »
    Dumb thread planted a bug in my brain and now I have to know:
    What was the name of the candy bars they had in the 90s that were chocolate wafer crisps covered in chocolate but were marketed as a lower cal alternative? Green package? Arghhh...
    @try2again Are you thinking of SnackWell's cookies?
    q9r057dgxdkf.jpg

@quiksylver296 You may want to give "Basic 4" cereal a try.

I really miss fried apple pies at McDonald's - and the chocolate shakes they had, then, too.
    "Rain" by Snapple, and Jolt Cola in the glass bottle.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    oh another one I miss is just right cereal. they dont sell the one with fruit and nuts in it anymore. not sure about the other kind
  • sunburntgalaxy
    sunburntgalaxy Posts: 455 Member
    Pepper Jack Doritos
    Ovaltine candy bars
    Its a dilly spice blend
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    VlpW wrote: »
    Morton frozen mini cinnamon sugar doughnuts; Sara Lee frozen cheese danish; Fruit Float; Screaming Yellow Zonkers...

OMG, Fruit Float! Yes! The peach one. I used to love that.
  • newheavensearth
    newheavensearth Posts: 870 Member
    Ben & Jerry's Pineapple and Passionfruit sorbet. Oh em geeeee it was sooooo good.
  • ClubSilencio
    ClubSilencio Posts: 2,983 Member
    WWF wrestling ice cream bars.

The cookie was epic.

• ConnieT1030
    ConnieT1030 Posts: 894 Member
    There have been so many they took away that i bought religiously I cant even remember them all (but Planters cheese balls was one of them for sure!) :( But there was a meal I used to love making, using
    Rice a Roni Stroganoff flavor. (Just add ground beef, then a little sour cream at the end) Man it was good! I have since used the plain beef flavor, and still add a bit of sour cream, but it just isnt anywhere as good as the stroganoff flavor. Its long gone :'(
  • pdxwine
    pdxwine Posts: 389 Member
    Colored marshmallows (so I can make Cathedral Window cookies.

They also used to make the large marshmallows with fruit stripes. We would freeze them and eat them on hot summer days.
  • pdxwine
    pdxwine Posts: 389 Member
    spat095 wrote: »
    Dark chocolate kitkats - I'm not sure these are "gone" but they are hard to find!

I have a stash of those. Mmm, mmm good!
  • try2again
    try2again Posts: 3,562 Member
    try2again wrote: »
    Dumb thread planted a bug in my brain and now I have to know:
    What was the name of the candy bars they had in the 90s that were chocolate wafer crisps covered in chocolate but were marketed as a lower cal alternative? Green package? Arghhh...
    @try2again Are you thinking of SnackWell's cookies?

Gosh no! SnackWells were disgusting! A PP got it... Hershey's Sweet Escapes.

• Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    Oreo Os

Come on Post! They're not even available in Korea anymore!!! Bring em back!!!!

Wal-Mart is carrying the Malt-O-Meal Cookies & Cream cereal. It's pretty much the same thing.

I am highly skeptical...but I shall investigate.

http://www.cerealously.net/review-malt-o-meal-cookies-cream-cereal-kind-of-american-oreo-os/

Sadly, what I expected is true. From that article:
    "I’m going to be up-front about Cookies & Cream: it doesn’t look or taste exactly as good as Oreo O’s."
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Bchlvr64 wrote: »
    Taco Bell's bell beefer sandwich. I lived on those when I worked there as a teenager in the late 70's, early 80's. I haven't found anyone who even remembers them.

Occasionally my parents and I will make bell beefers instead of tacos. I'm too young to remember them however since I was born in 81.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    The original milk bottles Allens used to make.

Those milk chocolate and white chocolate buttons called 'vice-versa".

Hot warheads.
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,200 Member
    edited February 2017
    junodog1 wrote: »
    my husband used to love Swiss Rolls. He has contacted the company a few times but they tell him they are never coming back.

Little Debbie still makes Swiss Cake Rolls.

https://www.littledebbie.com/101.33/Swiss-Rolls

They were referring to Drakes not Little Debbie. (Eleven posts down.) :smile:

http://www.drakescakeonline.com/swiss_roll_info.htm