WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2017

Options

Replies

• lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    Rita - go with the bike rack on the RV. The only bike racks I've had for a car went on the roof or the trunk, and on the trunk, they're a pain, as you have to take the bikes off to open the trunk. On the roof, well, I'm a short person. I'll leave it to your imagination.

Putting in my hours today, since I was up at the hospital Wednesday. DH is hurting pretty bad... keeping an eye on him as much as I can--and of course, we have two massive stories breaking. One teacher slapped a second-grader, and another one who's no longer a teacher got raided by US Marshals and Sheriff's office - charged with inappropriate conduct with a student, but may end up being sexual assault before it's all done. It always seems to pile on when it starts.

Love y'all,
    Lisa in West Texas
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Just checking in. Been reading and posting a bit. Just wanted to shout out to all of those with health problems that have put them or their spouses, kids, grandkids in the hospital (Beth, Lisa, Re, Toni, Karen VA, ...) Thinking of you all and your families and wishing you a full and complete recovery. <3
  • jbrinker23
    jbrinker23 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Bianca in S. Africa---Think of it as "Fabulous 50"!!! It's only a number or a new decade, however you decide to look at it!
  • jolenec1
    jolenec1 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I had a terrific birthday party when I turned 50. All the ladies in my office decorated the entire suite in red and purple. They bought me a big red hat and a purple boa (which I proudly sported all day). We went to lunch at the local hot spot, The Opera House. They had invited my sisters to come join in the fun, and had a blast. When I got home my husband and daughter had a great dinner planned. It was just a terrific time.

I have found that turning 50 was just a number that God had blessed me with and I need not be depressed because the alternative is much worse than a wrinkle or two. I started having the time of my life everyday.
  • ydailey
    ydailey Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday!

Yep, it's a cold. No workout today and I'm drinking orange juice so the calorie count will be ugly, but I need to nip this thing in the bud.

Ginger - You are hitting it hard today! Those Bowflex commercials are misleading... they make it sound so easy, but science says the only way to burn more calories in less time is to work harder. I'm sure you'll build up your stamina as you get accustomed to it.

Lenora - The rice sausage is boudin. We like that too, and I usually bring some back with me when I visit.

Allie - The asparagus and swiss omelette sounds delicious! I'll have to try that.

Joyce - Your sister and her family are in my thoughts.

Well, back to sofa surfing. Philip has the day off. I told him he has to wait on me hand and foot since he's the one that gave me this stupid cold. Barring a miracle recovery, I guess I won't be going to College Station tomorrow.

-Yvonne in TX
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Ladies, I am heading to the airport, we don't have data on this trip so the odds of reading your posts are a long shot. We are basically going to be unplugged, untethered to our screens, and I think it will be really terrific!

I will keep you all in my thoughts, sending strengths and positive energy for all of you. I will check back in next week. Signing off!! :p

NYKAREN
  • AKcanookie
    AKcanookie Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »

Marni: I love your ticker--and the progress you are making! :smiley:

Thanks so much. I'm trying to kick it into high gear
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,297 Member
    Options
    The viewing went on for ages! We had to visit two pubs to keep out of the way long enough. Haven't heard anything yet, but as they have only just put their house on the market it can't be a done deal anyway.

Off early tomorrow to Brighton to see the grandkids. :D It will be two days without my exercises! Sunday we are up to south London to have lunch with DH's cricket friend. I'm going to find it difficult without my extra exercise calories. :/

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,904 Member
    Options
    Just chilling!
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Heather, consider that very good though.

I have so much to say and to me it is terrible that right now all I can say is that my sister is on my mind. She is still in ICU and at the hospital she is in ICU is the typical ICU, no phones in the room, small rooms that are surrounding a nurses station. The one I was in was like a regular nursing unit. But if I were able to call her I would be even more worried. She is still confused, will go to sleep while she is talking. All this started yesterday when her husband called, she didn't remember if she had eaten, taken any of her medicines or anything. The pneumonia is better so I guess that is good. I was so worried that her knee replacement revision was affected. She also has had MRSA so is a carrier and can raise it's ugly head anytime it wants to. But so far the knee is good. She is going to have an MRI today, not only for the confusion but she has had two kinds of cancer, the second one she chose to leave untreated. This is the sister that one day she went to pick up her car and ended up quite a bit away and was going to have to either retrace the back roads she got there or go on a highway which she has avoided in her 67 years of life. /after a lot of testing, they could find nothing wrong with her. So I am very worried about her.

Sorry I have not made any replys to anyone except Heather which was right before I wrote this.

Love you all, Joyce in very sunny Indiana
  • Poerava14
    Poerava14 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Rita: Can I touch you and get some of your good home sales luck?

Traci in WI: Girl -- you gotta take care, whether on the road, in the office or at home. How about being the example of work-life balance for your younger colleagues instead of trying to keep to their pace.

Thanks to all who sent me tips for colonoscopy prep. It was a rough night, with very little sleep and alot of tummy rumbling. However, got through with the procedure with very good results. Don't have to go back for 10 years, and who knows, maybe by then they will have perfected a more comfortable screening. Time for a nap.

Rori
    Colorado Foothills
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Just arrived home from swimming! Felt great!
    Hugs all
    Becca
  • gotu52
    gotu52 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, the kids will be here soon. We are having falafel for supper. Smells very yummy here.

Katia thanks for your kind words
    Tracie what is your go live project?
    Joyce you and your sister are in my prayers <3<3<3

Have a great evening and sending hugs to all who need them.

<3 Sarah, Ontario
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,756 Member
    Options
    evening ladies~
    Having some nice sleepytime tea, and going to bed...
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,862 Member
    Options
    Hello all: Nice warm sunshiney day. I have taken care of horses, gone to YM to exercise, bank and TSC to get special weed and feed for the pasture. Now I need for things to dry out so I can get it on. Then hopefully we will have fewer buttercups which the horses won't eat and more grass. Our lovely little crocuses have come up again this year by the barn. there may even be a few more of them.

Karen - So glad you got to hold Olivia. That is good for her and you.

Rita - Sorry you are not getting family support for your RV plan but hope you enjoy the adventure. Maybe you could just tour around and see MFP friends.

Lisa - Sorry DH is in pain. Hope things improve quickly.

Rori - Glad things went well and now you can rest.

Carey - Liked your quote.

Loved the uber moose whoever posted that.

Joyce - Sending healing angels to your sister.

Everyone take care, Sue in WA
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    Good evening Lovelies!

Just marking my spot after popping in!

I hope everyone is doing well - I know some of you are experiencing real challenges and you are in my thoughts and prayers.

I did a strength workout, followed by yoga this morning - and felt terrific afterwards.

I had choir practice this evening and then we all had fish and chips (V naughty, I know)! And now I am indulging in a glass of wine.

Wishing you all fabulous weekends.

Yinka in Worcestershire, UK
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    Rori: That is a great way to look at it. I need to change my perspective! The stress is not worth it, but I feel trapped because my husband is no longer able to work so I carry insurance, have a pension plan, pay the bills, etc. I have a great job and I'm grateful for it, but as our organization grows, my job responsibilities have changed. I think trying to show my younger colleagues that there is more to life than their job and not to let it get in the way of time with their kids is a great idea. I just need to figure out how... I will be doing some soul searching that's for sure. Thanks for the suggestion. :)

Sarah: I work for a health organization in the IT Department as an Instructional Designer and software trainer. We are bringing up 3 hospitals and several clinics on the 25th on a different electronic medical record software (Epic is the name) so while the IT analysts build their screens, the training team goes on the road and teaches hospital staff how to use it. We call it "go-live" training. They are flipping the switch and going live on the 25th. I am responsible for training the physicians how to document in a patient's chart and place orders, etc. through this software. It's exhausting (to me anyway) after a few weeks of living out of a suitcase. :wink:
  • lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    o:)
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Good Evening My Dear Friends,

Nancy, have fun at the tennis tourney. I was never very good at tennis but always enjoy watching it.

Queene, I feel your pain about your DDD. I have one that finds it hard to support herself and always needs help and have friends with stories much like yours. I don’t know what it is about so many of that generation but I wish you luck. My DH has become much more of a home body than years past but I keep going and doing with friends. The couch is not my friend but calls to me often. Good for you on the exercise you do. I was never able to go after work so it’s much easier now that I’m retired.

Sarah, I think many of us are guilty of complaining about the weather whether it’s too hot or too cold. And the funny thing is if we could choose the weather every day we’d probably all want something different. I do admit I prefer hot over cold any time of the year. That’s what’s nice about SC….it never stays cold for very long at a time. Good luck while the kids are there stuffing their faces. burger-joint-smiley-emoticon.gif

Carey, great thought and probably often true.

Mary, you are doing great!!! What a true inspiration. Go girl.

Katla, thanks for the reminder about portion control. It’s not that I don’t know it’s important but I guess I keep trying to forget. That is my biggest roadblock is trying to keep portion size down.

Tracey, so glad to hear from you but sorry to hear what’s been going on with you. Please take care of yourself. (((Hugs)))

Heather, a long showing is a good thing. You don’t keep looking if you aren’t interested. You know their house could sell tomorrow so let’s think positive.

Joyce, don’t worry about replying to us but do keep us posted as you get any news on your sister. (((Hugs)))

pretty-pink-welcome-smiley-emoticon.gifto any Newbies. Come often and join in the chat. This thing works!! Please sign your post with what you want to be called. It makes it easier for us to respond to you. Also a location is great, be it specific or general. We are happy to have you join us.

Worked today to stay caught up. Made a pot of chili and accidentally put cinnamon in it when I thought it was cumin. Lol Doesn’t taste too bad but next time would use less. LOL
    Sending love, good thoughts and sunshine to all of you.

I Love youwriting-a-love-letter-smiley-emoticon.gif
    DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC