40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    "INSANITY MAX:30 Tabata Power"=Done! 21:09!
  • Morgaen73
    Morgaen73 Posts: 2,818 Member
    Options
    It's 34C (93F) here today.
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    With my weight loss I'm having some blood pressure issues. I'm still a big guy with lots to lose. But my bp is low and bending over and raising up quickly can make the whole world spin.
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Got home from church last night ready for bed. But I put on the headphones listening to the local university basketball game and did 3.5 miles at a 3 mile per hour pace with the dog.
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    gam3rguy wrote: »
    "INSANITY MAX:30 Tabata Power"=Done! 21:09!
    6weve78yznx0.png

• Aetheldreda
    Aetheldreda Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    C210K week 8, day 2 completed. It is windy here today so I was running into a headwind of around 40-50kph in some parts....tired now :)
    Yesterday was a rest day so I really wanted to get out today...at least it was dry.

This weekend I will be teaching navigation strategies and techniques so it will be at a slower pace during the day but hoping to have a little blast n the evenings.

Weight loss is going well, I am now trying to focus on fuelling myself well in order that I can push on and not get too tired (it has started to creep in now on these single runs with no walking rests).
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    ach_75 wrote: »
    C210K week 8, day 2 completed. It is windy here today so I was running into a headwind of around 40-50kph in some parts....tired now :)
    Yesterday was a rest day so I really wanted to get out today...at least it was dry.

This weekend I will be teaching navigation strategies and techniques so it will be at a slower pace during the day but hoping to have a little blast n the evenings.

Weight loss is going well, I am now trying to focus on fuelling myself well in order that I can push on and not get too tired (it has started to creep in now on these single runs with no walking rests).

Nice work fighting through the windy conditions during your run!

What is the week 8 C210K mileage and how long are you running during your long run each week? Assuming you are running less than about 75 minutes, you can probably address your fueling needs before hand by consuming some easy to digest carbs. If the run time is longer, then lots of options are available for fueling, whether liquid, gels or solids.

Do you have a race coming up?

• Aetheldreda
    Options
    Djproulx wrote: »

What is the week 8 C210K mileage and how long are you running during your long run each week? Assuming you are running less than about 75 minutes, you can probably address your fueling needs before hand by consuming some easy to digest carbs. If the run time is longer, then lots of options are available for fueling, whether liquid, gels or solids.

Thanks @Djproulx.
    Week 8 of the programme is a run of 28 mins (although I did an extra few minutes). With my extra minutes in it would have been 5km. (running for over 75 mins non-stop is still a very long way-away for me).

No races planned...I am a mountain leader and my season really kicks off at Easter...so I am trying to get ahead with my CV fitness before things get crazy busy. Whilst I can easily hillwalk 20-25km in a day and not feel particularly tired...running has opened my eyes to a different type of fitness which I am finding a (good) challenge.
  • RamTodd
    RamTodd Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Not cool but I'm old!
  • Aetheldreda
    Options
    TmacMMM wrote: »
    Beautiful day in New England today. 60F and sunny! Took my planned 3m run outside. In a tank top, even. :)

I am envious of the weather where you are :)
  • plow54
    plow54 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Beautiful day in New England today. 60F and sunny! Took my planned 3m run outside. In a tank top, even. :)

My run took me right through the wafting smoke from the outdoor smoker at the local rib place. An hour and a half-rack later, I have no regrets. :)

No that cracks me up
  • Djproulx
    Options

Thanks @Djproulx.
    Week 8 of the programme is a run of 28 mins (although I did an extra few minutes). With my extra minutes in it would have been 5km. (running for over 75 mins non-stop is still a very long way-away for me).

No races planned...I am a mountain leader and my season really kicks off at Easter...so I am trying to get ahead with my CV fitness before things get crazy busy. Whilst I can easily hillwalk 20-25km in a day and not feel particularly tired...running has opened my eyes to a different type of fitness which I am finding a (good) challenge.

With your base of walking fitness, I'm guessing that you've progressed quickly. Sounds like you've already done a 5k at roughly a 10 min/mile pace. That is a solid effort. Nothing like running a few hills to increase fitness!

Good luck with your running.
  • chinaseas5623
    chinaseas5623 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am 41 years old and would like to join this group as well. I have lost 54 lbs. so far; however, my goal is to get under 200 pounds. I've been using myfitnesspal since November (I think). Loving the accountability. Looking forward to losing pounds and gaining 'friends' that's on the same path.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,937 Member
    Options
    Lifted today.

All is good.
  • Djproulx
    Options

My run took me right through the wafting smoke from the outdoor smoker at the local rib place. An hour and a half-rack later, I have no regrets. :)

I'm guessing that I know that place....its dangerous, lol!
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options

I'm guessing that I know that place....its dangerous, lol!

@Djproulx - Yep. We sat outside in the back. Looking forward to more warm evenings out there. :)
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Meltdown and MTR done. My oh my what loose hips I have. Hope all of you are well.