Food items that are bad for you?

Options

Replies

• LushFix
    LushFix Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I went and made myself a snack of sliced apple and PB2 while reading this, I'm bad. Hahaha
  • izzie218
    izzie218 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I have two words for this: fake news. Apples are definitely way healthier than donuts
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    Red delicious haters, maybe you mean Macintosh apples? Macintosh apples are sad.

Honeycrisp for those few glorious weeks of perfection or Pink Lady otherwise. Fuji or Jazz if needs must. All other apples are sad.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    izzie218 wrote: »
    I have two words for this: fake news. Apples are definitely way healthier than donuts

What if you have both?
  • French_Peasant
    French_Peasant Posts: 1,639 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Red delicious haters, maybe you mean Macintosh apples? Macintosh apples are sad.

Honeycrisp for those few glorious weeks of perfection or Pink Lady otherwise. Fuji or Jazz if needs must. All other apples are sad.

Definitely agree on Honeycrisp, but Granny Smith kicks some kitten and takes names too. Feisty!
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    There is no love here for the Cortland???? You people are missing out on the best ever pie, cobbler, jelly, and applesauce apple there is. To eat fresh and raw: HoneyCrisp. Red delicious CAN be wonderful if they are fresh picked and still crisp but the ones you get in the stores tend to be mealy and flavorless.
  • cmtigger
    cmtigger Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    I think I mentioned above that I'm allergic. I've got a yard full of apple trees. One Gravenstein, a bunch of golden delicious, and something red- I suspect Jonathan. I have had small tastes of them well cooked down to denature the proteins. They taste better than the applesauce I remember my mom making when I was a kid with store bought. But usually they get given away or fed to my critters.
  • Aetheldreda
    Aetheldreda Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Granny Smith and Pink Lady....I love me some crunch!
    I actually broke a crown tooth in a Granny Smith apple....now that was a hard *kitten* apple :D
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    I love Granny Smiths, but since developing reflux, they are too much for me. Heartburn every time I eat one
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    earlnabby wrote: »
    There is no love here for the Cortland???? You people are missing out on the best ever pie, cobbler, jelly, and applesauce apple there is. To eat fresh and raw: HoneyCrisp. Red delicious CAN be wonderful if they are fresh picked and still crisp but the ones you get in the stores tend to be mealy and flavorless.

I do occasionally get Cortland.
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    ach_75 wrote: »
    Granny Smith and Pink Lady....I love me some crunch!
    I actually broke a crown tooth in a Granny Smith apple....now that was a hard *kitten* apple :D

I like our local varieties a lot, so I don't typically pay the $$$ for the ones shipped from far away (and the smaller stores aren't likely to stock them). (I'm in the northern US).
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    What is wrong with you people?! Honeycrisp is clearly the best apple.

Very much so. They're the nectar of the gods.
  • zheeduh
    zheeduh Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    If your main goal is losing weight, then no food is "bad" for you, only foods that are not worth the calories they add. If your main goal is something else, like lowering your cholesterol or limiting your blood sugar, then that's a different story.

Oh, and apples are freakin' awesome for you.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Oh my god what did I even start?

(For the record, fuji or gala or you're wrong)
  • tgcake
    tgcake Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Braeburns for me.