10 a Day (800g) Veggie&Fruit Challenge Participants Check in!

Options

Replies

• lulalacroix
    lulalacroix Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    So I completed the day with 807 grams which included tomatoes, cukes, mushrooms, zucchini, red bell pepper, and an orange. Only problem is that my protein is really low for the day. I have a few hundred calories left so I'm gonna have some eggs and greek yogurt.
  • crzycatlady1
    crzycatlady1 Posts: 1,930 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Cara cara Orange, Fuji Apple, radishes, stir fry mix with kale, snow peas and Brussels sprouts. Approximately 400grams . :s

Nothing wrong with 400g and you also got in a nice variety! You also get bonus points for eating Brussels sprouts because blech :p:)
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I have 150g of carrot sticks in front of me!

And lunch (Eggplant, Zucchini, Mushroom, lentil and chickpea bake) had 208 grams... wait, do chickpeas and lentils count? Caz that would make it 275g... I'm getting there...
  • crzycatlady1
    Options
    So I completed the day with 807 grams which included tomatoes, cukes, mushrooms, zucchini, red bell pepper, and an orange. Only problem is that my protein is really low for the day. I have a few hundred calories left so I'm gonna have some eggs and greek yogurt.

Yeah my protein intake was under 50g today. Going to work on upping that tomorrow!
  • crzycatlady1
    Options

And lunch (Eggplant, Zucchini, Mushroom, lentil and chickpea bake) had 208 grams... wait, do chickpeas and lentils count? Caz that would make it 275g... I'm getting there...

I've never had eggplant, so many veggies and fruit I haven't tried yet. I really should try at least one new thing this week....
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options

I've never had eggplant, so many veggies and fruit I haven't tried yet. I really should try at least one new thing this week....

I'm obsessed with it at the moment, it's the texture. It just sucks up flavour and sauces!
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options

I think I want this recipe.

Beans and legumes count for one serving per day... so 80 grams.
  • crzycatlady1
    edited February 2017
    Options

I was thinking of making a bean burrito for supper, do you think canned refried (pinto) beans count?
  • DaintyWhisper
    DaintyWhisper Posts: 221 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Day 1:
    150g of fruit as a snack (Grapes!)
    607g of raw veggies. This included romaine, mushrooms, tomatoes, cucumbers and yellow bell pepper in a (huge) salad.
    757 grams total. Almost there!
  • crzycatlady1
    Options
    Day 1:
    150g of fruit as a snack (Grapes!)
    607g of raw veggies. This included romaine, mushrooms, tomatoes, cucumbers and yellow bell pepper in a (huge) salad.
    757 grams total. Almost there!

Nice!
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options

I was thinking of making a bean burrito for supper, do you think canned refried (pinto) beans count?

80g of them would.

• RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    Options
    I've been up since 4am for work and it is 2.28pm now and I've logged zero portions yet!

Going to snack on a carrot and blue berries now but I'll need to plan dinner out well.

Would coconut water count as one?
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options

Refried beans, they always count!
  • crzycatlady1
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Going to have a burrito today then!

As for coconut water-according to the Mayo Clinic it's considered a juice, so I think it would count as one of your servings :) It also sounds like it's packed with nutrients!

http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/nutrition-and-healthy-eating/expert-blog/coconut-water/bgp-20056263
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    Options
    Going to have a burrito today then!

As for coconut water-according to the Mayo Clinic it's considered a juice, so I think it would count as one of your servings :) It also sounds like it's packed with nutrients!

http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/nutrition-and-healthy-eating/expert-blog/coconut-water/bgp-20056263

That's great I wasn't sure if it was technically juice.

I drink it a few times a week as it helps keep things moving shall we say :D
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    I wanted to join this, but I knew I would only make it 2 or 3 days before my fruit and veg ran out. Side note: update with how your doing bathroom-wise. ;)
  • crzycatlady1
    Options
    zyxst wrote: »
    I wanted to join this, but I knew I would only make it 2 or 3 days before my fruit and veg ran out. Side note: update with how your doing bathroom-wise. ;)

Feel free to join in just for a day or two! I'm already thinking ahead and will probably try and implement this 3-4 times a week after this week :)

As for 'bathroom'-my fiber intake yesterday was still fairly low, and no noticeable difference yet lol. I didn't get all the way to 800g yesterday though-going to really try and hit that today though!
  • French_Peasant
    French_Peasant Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    zyxst wrote: »

Feel free to join in just for a day or two! I'm already thinking ahead and will probably try and implement this 3-4 times a week after this week :)

As for 'bathroom'-my fiber intake yesterday was still fairly low, and no noticeable difference yet lol. I didn't get all the way to 800g yesterday though-going to really try and hit that today though!

I think I might continue this through Lent, seeing as today is Fat Tuesday...I had been pondering cutting out all added sugar, but that really doesn't sound like much fun. :p This is a more positive "sacrifice" and at least yesterday contributed mightily to my "Virtuous Snacks" category while really cutting down my "Naughty Snacks" category (somehow chex mix and thin mints still managed to sneak in; I hear they are the Devil. :smiley: ) There is not a lot of room for naughty snacks with an ambitious veg and protein goal to tetris in.

Regarding loo issues, I mentioned the stomach ache I had last night...I never, never get stomach aches, so that definitely raised an eyebrow. It probably doesn't help that after I noticed the stomach ache, I had a banana and some sliced deli chicken to try to meet my veg/protein goals, but an antacid tablet settled things right down.
  • JennieMaeK
    JennieMaeK Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Yesterday's numbers:
    • 69g banana with breakfast
    • 111g lettuce with lunch
    • 56g tomato with lunch
    • 250g apple with lunch
    • 392g turnips with dinner

Total - 878g