10 a Day (800g) Veggie&Fruit Challenge Participants Check in!

Replies

• Tum22
    Tum22 Posts: 102 Member
    Tum22 wrote: »
    tojo567 wrote: »
    I started it this morning. I had half a banana, a grapefruit and a blood orange.
    Do you worry about all the sugar you're eating with fruits?

I started yesterday. I am worried about the sugar and carbs. However I am finding it easier to keep within my calories as I am able to eat lots of things all day.

What's to worry about?

Don't believe the woo that carbs and sugar are bad.

I am going to try and stick to this for the challenge and see what the results are. Day 3 and I am feeling slimmer already around my stomach. I love the sugar.
  • crzycatlady1
    crzycatlady1 Posts: 1,930 Member
    edited March 2017
    So.....how to phrase this delicately......

I just wanted to make a report on my, ahem, holdings and deposits at the Brown & Co. Fidelity-Fiduciary Bank & Trust. Having consumed a combined 78 grams of fiber over two days, I really feel like my investment results should have been more robust and impressive. Is it possible for things to just sit in there, and how long does it take to get a "return on equity" for ones investments? Since I dedicated a large portion of my portfolio to Industrial Blueberry holdings, I do feel like I have seen positive net flows with this particular investment, having noted an interesting consistency, color, and more-pleasant-than-one-would-expect odor from this commodity tranche.

Also, i continue to have kind of a "blech"stomach although not the full-on tummy ache I had the first evening. I had some scrambled eggs and salsa this morning, but really don't feel like eating anything, although I feel perfectly fine and energetic otherwise.

I still have the banana, apple, tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, and green pepper on my desk, staring at me grimly, and also with what appears to be a touch of judgment.

This post has me laughing so hard :#

I'm not noticing any difference in 'that' area, but I also haven't hit 800g yet. It might still be coming lol. I did have stomach issues last night (bloating/gas), but I contribute that to the beans I ate (I don't think I've had beans in months?). Need to get some Beano before I have them again.
  • Tum22
    Tum22 Posts: 102 Member
    Warm Fruit Snack (for cold winter days)

Small apple chopped
    Small banana chopped
    Sprinkle with lemon (bottled ok) and honey and cook in the microwave for one minute on medium then stir and another minute if you want the fruit mushy.
    Add some yogurt or peanut butter or both ...

I have been having this as a nice afternoon snack as it was just too cold for cold fruit!

The only downside to ten a day is the preparation but I am fitting in lots of fruit and veg quite easily so I intend to stick to the challenge.

• ThatUserNameIsAllReadyTaken
    ThatUserNameIsAllReadyTaken Posts: 1,530 Member
    edited March 2017

I just wanted to make a report on my, ahem, holdings and deposits at the Brown & Co. Fidelity-Fiduciary Bank & Trust. Having consumed a combined 78 grams of fiber over two days, I really feel like my investment results should have been more robust and impressive. Is it possible for things to just sit in there, and how long does it take to get a "return on equity" for ones investments? Since I dedicated a large portion of my portfolio to Industrial Blueberry holdings, I do feel like I have seen positive net flows with this particular investment, having noted an interesting consistency, color, and more-pleasant-than-one-would-expect odor from this commodity tranche.

Also, i continue to have kind of a "blech"stomach although not the full-on tummy ache I had the first evening. I had some scrambled eggs and salsa this morning, but really don't feel like eating anything, although I feel perfectly fine and energetic otherwise.

I still have the banana, apple, tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, and green pepper on my desk, staring at me grimly, and also with what appears to be a touch of judgment.

Hmmm.... have you tried "liquidating your assets" with plenty of water?

Also you just killed me with laughter! This will have me laughing the rest of the day!
  • crzycatlady1
    Tum22 wrote: »
    Warm Fruit Snack (for cold winter days)

Small apple chopped
    Small banana chopped
    Sprinkle with lemon (bottled ok) and honey and cook in the microwave for one minute on medium then stir and another minute if you want the fruit mushy.
    Add some yogurt or peanut butter or both ...

I have been having this as a nice afternoon snack as it was just too cold for cold fruit!

The only downside to ten a day is the preparation but I am fitting in lots of fruit and veg quite easily so I intend to stick to the challenge.

Yes! I've spent more time in my kitchen these past couple days, than I have in months lol. But, I think it will get easier/faster the more I do it (I hope lol)
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member

I didn't think anything could top the original post, but I think you've somehow managed to.

I have not experienced a stagnant return on my portfolio. In fact, the return on yesterday's investment was quite robust, even more than my normal daily return.

I do have to say that I am enjoying how efficiently eating more raw vegetables is dealing with my hunger. I think I'll keep this up after the challenge. I've been struggling with some issues lately, and this challenge is helping me tremendously with those.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    My daily weigh-in put me at a pound loss this morning, from my low point last week. I've been very casually in a deficit for the past few weeks to get my maintenance range a bit lower, but I've been seeing few ounces-.5lb loss per week. To see a whole pound drop was unexpected! Anyone else seeing unexpected numbers on the scale?

I only weigh in on a Sunday so I'll update you then.

I track to get a 0.5lb loss.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    Not really a challenge for me, i usually eat loads of fruit and vegies... But today and yesterday I ate the same:

200g zucchini
    150g mushrooms
    100g broccoli
    50g zucchini
    300g cos lettuce
    100g tomato
    100g cucumber
    100g celery
    100g Beetroot
    100g capsicum
    50g alfalfa
    50g avocado
    150g pumpkin
    100g sweet potato
    150g berries

1.8kgs...

Wow that makes me stomach burst just looking at it! That could feed all three of us I think. Great effort!

@Tiny_Dancer_in_Pink It's a real struggle isn't it. Not sure how they are expecting every one in the UK to do this.

@French_Peasant I'm making frequent small deposits lmao :D
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    My epic, 741g lunch! And now I need a nap lol.

lunch_zpsnxvzqs0z.jpg]

Wow that is impressive. Did you manage it all?

@Tum22 I had similar for pre work out this morning. Grilled banana and kiwi fruits smothered in toffee sauce left over from pancake day.

I made 803g today.
  • crzycatlady1
    My epic, 741g lunch! And now I need a nap lol.

lunch_zpsnxvzqs0z.jpg]

Wow that is impressive. Did you manage it all?

@Tum22 I had similar for pre work out this morning. Grilled banana and kiwi fruits smothered in toffee sauce left over from pancake day.

I made 803g today.

Yes, but now I feel like doing absolutely nothing-supposed to be painting my laundry room right now and I'm just sitting ugh, lol. Think supper will be something very light :p
  • AnnPT77 wrote: »

Research (about digestive transit time) suggests that it may take up to 50+ hours for your deposits to be translated to their ultimate returns. Be aware, though, that continuing on your current investment course will result in a higher-than-previous daily average balance in your working-capital accounts, so that losses in other assets (such as the Long-Term Lipid Bonds) may be temporarily masked by said new working capital.

Besides the all-important portfolio liquidity previously discussed up-thread, be aware that a modest but regular current co-investment in alternative products (i.e., fats) are also necessary for optimum rate of return.

But it will all come out fine in the end.

Thanks for the hot tip! I am rebalancing my portfolio and going long fats! B)

This really is the best thread ever! LOL!
  • dfwesq
    dfwesq Posts: 592 Member
    dfwesq wrote: »
    180g black beans with onions, celery, and peppers
    If I estimated correctly and my math is right, that's 995g. The serving of black beans was a little on the large side, so maybe it should have counted for less than 180g.

Bad news is that you can only count 80g of your black beans.

Good news is you still smashed target, well done! :smiley:
    :) It's 80g of black beans, plus an indeterminate amount of onions, celery, and peppers. It's pretty tough to estimate sometimes. :)