10 a Day (800g) Veggie&Fruit Challenge Participants Check in!

Replies

• GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    I have 150g of carrot sticks in front of me!

And lunch (Eggplant, Zucchini, Mushroom, lentil and chickpea bake) had 208 grams... wait, do chickpeas and lentils count? Caz that would make it 275g... I'm getting there...

I think I want this recipe.

Beans and legumes count for one serving per day... so 80 grams.

http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/spiced-eggplant-lentil-bake/7ec288e2-3e3c-492a-aa38-d50b0d4f60a1

It's this recipe, tweaked! I used 500g of eggplant, 500g of zucchini, 250g mushrooms, along with the lentils and chickpeas. Ileft off the pinenuts (coz I didn't have any) and used parmesan (because I like it better). The baked yogurt over the top makes this awesome almost cheesey topping, it's really good!!

Ooooooh, it's sort of like a moussaka! How wonderful. I'll definitely be making it, thank you!
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    This challenge would literally kill me lol
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    This challenge would literally kill me lol

I thought of you and this one. It's definitely not for you, that's for sure!
  • lulalacroix
    lulalacroix Posts: 1,082 Member
    I have only had 422 grams so far and have been so stuffed this entire day, how can I possibly eat any more? Blurg! Even the apple is not tempting me, because it is a damn Pink Lady and not a Honeycrisp.

ETA: I also need to figure out how to fit in 50+ more grams of protein. Double blurg!

I literally bought the honeycrisp and kept them separate from my family's apples. They are the best.

And I had trouble with the protein yesterday as well. I'm so much more full with all these plant foods that it's hard to fit the other macros.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    I eat a LOT of veggies, and I was surprised how much 800g is! I did eat a lot of cabbage though, which doesn't weigh a lot and takes up a lot of space.
  • French_Peasant
    French_Peasant Posts: 1,639 Member
    I eat a LOT of veggies, and I was surprised how much 800g is! I did eat a lot of cabbage though, which doesn't weigh a lot and takes up a lot of space.

Doesn't the guidance sheet say that leafy greens should be a cereal bowl rather than weighted 80 grams? Not sure if that applies to cabbage or not. Also....whose cereal bowl, ha ha!
  • French_Peasant
    French_Peasant Posts: 1,639 Member
    I have only had 422 grams so far and have been so stuffed this entire day, how can I possibly eat any more? Blurg! Even the apple is not tempting me, because it is a damn Pink Lady and not a Honeycrisp.

ETA: I also need to figure out how to fit in 50+ more grams of protein. Double blurg!

I literally bought the honeycrisp and kept them separate from my family's apples. They are the best.

And I had trouble with the protein yesterday as well. I'm so much more full with all these plant foods that it's hard to fit the other macros.

Unfortunately I have passed on my honeycrisp love to my little boy! My daughter likes Granny Smiths which are my go to cooking apple. Speaking of which.....apple crisp would count for this, right?! :#
  • Alatariel75

Doesn't the guidance sheet say that leafy greens should be a cereal bowl rather than weighted 80 grams? Not sure if that applies to cabbage or not. Also....whose cereal bowl, ha ha!

Heh, this just shows how much I've actually read the guidelines - maybe I should do that. I don't think I have cereal bowls!
  • crzycatlady1
    crzycatlady1 Posts: 1,930 Member

Heh, this just shows how much I've actually read the guidelines - maybe I should do that. I don't think I have cereal bowls!

I didn't know that either-off to check lol.
  • Alatariel75
    Total grams for today: 1,201
    Veggies & Fruit eaten: Cabbage, celery, carrots, red bell pepper, broccoli, cauliflower, scallions, blueberries, strawberries, banana

It's a good thing I don't get gas from cruciferous vegetables.

Hell yeah!
  • crzycatlady1
    crzycatlady1 Posts: 1,930 Member
    Total grams for today: 1,201
    Veggies & Fruit eaten: Cabbage, celery, carrots, red bell pepper, broccoli, cauliflower, scallions, blueberries, strawberries, banana

Hell yeah!

I second that :#
  • Total grams for today: 1,201

HA! Right? I some folks who blow right on up. I am thankful not to be the gassy type!

• Broccoli - 202 g
    Frozen Chopped - Spinach, 85 g
    Cauliflower- 204 g
    Carrots, 75 g
    Steamed Radishes -105 g
    Cuties - Tangerine 124 g
    Raspberries - 40 Grams
    Strawberries- 40 g

Total of 875 g
  • lulalacroix
    lulalacroix Posts: 1,082 Member
    Total of 859:

Banana 105
    Mushroom 68
    Red bell pepper 39
    Apple 183
    Zucchini 264
    Spinach 113
    Grapes 78

Whew. Yesterday was easy. Today was hard. Feel like I force fed myself more than I wanted. Again my protein is low and will have to eat more later.

• This had me rolling! God bless his heart. He really went about it in an odd way, but he really did do well.