10 a Day (800g) Veggie&Fruit Challenge Participants Check in!

Options

Replies

• French_Peasant
    French_Peasant Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    109 g apple
    80 g sweet potato chips (actually 30 but it counts as a serving per rules)
    80 g onions
    161 g mixed Thai veg
    80 g raw spinach (cereal bowl per rules)
    50 g pickled peppers
    188 g tomatoes
    130 g banana

For a grand total of 878. I'm not feeling so blurgy right now although I just pigged out on Thai. I should work out because I had a board meeting over lunch, but screw it...I'm going to cuddle on the couch with my little boy!
  • lulalacroix
    lulalacroix Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    Okay this is getting more difficult for me.

Today's total so far 688:

Mushrooms 94
    Tomato 104
    Avocado 94
    Broccoli 250
    Orange 140

I'm only at about 1100 calories for the day and am so stuffed. I starting to believe that I'm not a volume eater. I could barely choke down my chicken to get more protein. Maybe I'm eating the wrong veg?
  • crzycatlady1
    crzycatlady1 Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    Okay this is getting more difficult for me.

Today's total so far 688:

Mushrooms 94
    Tomato 104
    Avocado 94
    Broccoli 250
    Orange 140

I'm only at about 1100 calories for the day and am so stuffed. I starting to believe that I'm not a volume eater. I could barely choke down my chicken to get more protein. Maybe I'm eating the wrong veg?

I came in under 1,400 yesterday and I waddled to bed last night lol.
  • crzycatlady1
    crzycatlady1 Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    Anyone else feeling a bit burned out from their higher veg/fruit consumption this morning? I think the prep/tracking is what's getting to me, since before this I was just doing mostly mental math for my calorie intake. I forgot how tedious recording everything can be :p

• French_Peasant
    French_Peasant Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    Anyone else feeling a bit burned out from their higher veg/fruit consumption this morning? I think the prep/tracking is what's getting to me, since before this I was just doing mostly mental math for my calorie intake. I forgot how tedious recording everything can be :p

I'm a little burned out from the eating part, but not the tracking/prep part, since I'm tracking everything anyway, and a lot of what I am eating is whole (just peel the banana or pop cherry tomatoes in my mouth). Plus I can pick up fruits and vegetables in the cafeteria. What has really amazed me is the effect it's had on satiety...before this, I would get my 5 a day, but eat well over 2000 calories (supported by my workout regimen), but yesterday I was done at 1700 calories. It probably also makes a difference that my box of Thin Mints has run out, but I picked up three lovely berry-and-white-chocolate scones last night and wasn't even tempted.

I also picked up a bag of sweet potato chips and had some canned pears this morning, just to shake things up, and am planning to get some Naked juice at our little shop we have here. I would normally avoid or limit that stuff, but I am planning on doing this for the next 5 weeks so I need to have a good plan!
  • ThatUserNameIsAllReadyTaken
    ThatUserNameIsAllReadyTaken Posts: 1,530 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options

Not me. I tend to have somethings ready to go. At dinner I will keep the leftovers for the next day so that I only need to heat and eat. Or maybe I'll have things tat require little prep on hand like carrots or various fruits. It would get exhausting otherwise for sure. Also, I just jot down the food and gram weight of what I had then come in at my leisure to record it.
  • klingonbarbie
    klingonbarbie Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    as a vegan I already eat more than 10 a day lol but I am concerned that I am going over on my daily 'natural' sugar allowance, i inteNd once the warmer weather here in UK comes at the end of Aprilt o go raw to 4...so that means I will be eating about 20 a day fruit & veggies ps i suffer from a chronic underactive thyroid so my weight loss is very very slow
    ThatUserNameIsAllReadyTaken Posts: 1,530 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    So.....how to phrase this delicately......

I just wanted to make a report on my, ahem, holdings and deposits at the Brown & Co. Fidelity-Fiduciary Bank & Trust. Having consumed a combined 78 grams of fiber over two days, I really feel like my investment results should have been more robust and impressive. Is it possible for things to just sit in there, and how long does it take to get a "return on equity" for ones investments? Since I dedicated a large portion of my portfolio to Industrial Blueberry holdings, I do feel like I have seen positive net flows with this particular investment, having noted an interesting consistency, color, and more-pleasant-than-one-would-expect odor from this commodity tranche.

Also, i continue to have kind of a "blech"stomach although not the full-on tummy ache I had the first evening. I had some scrambled eggs and salsa this morning, but really don't feel like eating anything, although I feel perfectly fine and energetic otherwise.

I still have the banana, apple, tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, and green pepper on my desk, staring at me grimly, and also with what appears to be a touch of judgment.

Research (about digestive transit time) suggests that it may take up to 50+ hours for your deposits to be translated to their ultimate returns. Be aware, though, that continuing on your current investment course will result in a higher-than-previous daily average balance in your working-capital accounts, so that losses in other assets (such as the Long-Term Lipid Bonds) may be temporarily masked by said new working capital.

Besides the all-important portfolio liquidity previously discussed up-thread, be aware that a modest but regular current co-investment in alternative products (i.e., fats) are also necessary for optimum rate of return.

But it will all come out fine in the end.

Thanks for the hot tip! I am rebalancing my portfolio and going long fats! B)

I am pleased to report that I have recouped the dividends that have been in arrears and my books are now fully balanced, between last night and this morning. And...that's all I have to say about that. :#

HAHA!! Good to know!
    You know, I wish for once I could "make a deposit" before I step on the scale in the morning! I never get to the "bank teller" until after I have had coffee and my usual morning water then the scale does not reflect the appropriate balance!
  • lulalacroix
    lulalacroix Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options

I just wanted to make a report on my, ahem, holdings and deposits at the Brown & Co. Fidelity-Fiduciary Bank & Trust. Having consumed a combined 78 grams of fiber over two days, I really feel like my investment results should have been more robust and impressive. Is it possible for things to just sit in there, and how long does it take to get a "return on equity" for ones investments? Since I dedicated a large portion of my portfolio to Industrial Blueberry holdings, I do feel like I have seen positive net flows with this particular investment, having noted an interesting consistency, color, and more-pleasant-than-one-would-expect odor from this commodity tranche.

Also, i continue to have kind of a "blech"stomach although not the full-on tummy ache I had the first evening. I had some scrambled eggs and salsa this morning, but really don't feel like eating anything, although I feel perfectly fine and energetic otherwise.

I still have the banana, apple, tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, and green pepper on my desk, staring at me grimly, and also with what appears to be a touch of judgment.

Research (about digestive transit time) suggests that it may take up to 50+ hours for your deposits to be translated to their ultimate returns. Be aware, though, that continuing on your current investment course will result in a higher-than-previous daily average balance in your working-capital accounts, so that losses in other assets (such as the Long-Term Lipid Bonds) may be temporarily masked by said new working capital.

Besides the all-important portfolio liquidity previously discussed up-thread, be aware that a modest but regular current co-investment in alternative products (i.e., fats) are also necessary for optimum rate of return.

I am pleased to report that I have recouped the dividends that have been in arrears and my books are now fully balanced, between last night and this morning. And...that's all I have to say about that. :#

HAHA!! Good to know!
    You know, I wish for once I could "make a deposit" before I step on the scale in the morning! I never get to the "bank teller" until after I have had coffee and my usual morning water then the scale does not reflect the appropriate balance!

Yes! Happens to me every dang day.
  • Tum22
    Tum22 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Tum22 wrote: »
    Warm Fruit Snack (for cold winter days)

Small apple chopped
    Small banana chopped
    Sprinkle with lemon (bottled ok) and honey and cook in the microwave for one minute on medium then stir and another minute if you want the fruit mushy.
    Add some yogurt or peanut butter or both ...

I have been having this as a nice afternoon snack as it was just too cold for cold fruit!

The only downside to ten a day is the preparation but I am fitting in lots of fruit and veg quite easily so I intend to stick to the challenge.

Yes! I've spent more time in my kitchen these past couple days, than I have in months lol. But, I think it will get easier/faster the more I do it (I hope lol)

Yes I was looking at some ready chopped swede in the supermarket today to make it easier.
    Options

HAHA!! Good to know!

Yes! Happens to me every dang day.

I wonder if there is a way to encourage a change? I mean aside from a laxative of some kind. Just about an hour earlier would be about right.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Ugh! I did it! I ended up with over 800 grams fruit vegetables and am still full this morning. I am not a volume eater, I guess?

I know this sounds mean but I'm glad I'm not the only one :D

I feel uncomfortably full most of the time.