10 a Day (800g) Veggie&Fruit Challenge Participants Check in!

Options

Replies

• zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Thursday:

15 g golden raisins
    15 g Craisins
    16 g onions
    12 g sun-dried tomatoes
    67 g bell peppers
    100 g zucchini
    103 g celery
    30 g sweet potato hummus
    140 g strawberries
    101 g carrots
    1 g (30 g) vegetable pasta - the "veggie" part is dried tomato and spinach added to color the pasta

= 600 g

My Brown & Co. withdrawal was the regular price, no interest or service fees. I will say my gas is really rank this week.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    30g Dried mango
    30g Dried pears= 160g as 30g dried fruit counts as one portion :)
    Mixed veg 160g
    Garlic 3g
    Carrots 81g
    Cabbage 65g
    Mushrooms 104g
    Cauliflower 123g
    Banana 190g

Equiv 886g

It made it a bit easier adding in some dried fruit.

Any one else look like they are about to give birth to a medicine ball? B)

• ThatUserNameIsAllReadyTaken
    Options
    Ugh! I did it! I ended up with over 800 grams fruit vegetables and am still full this morning. I am not a volume eater, I guess?

I know this sounds mean but I'm glad I'm not the only one :D

I feel uncomfortably full most of the time.

Ya know this may be why they say a diet with a lot of fruits and vegetables is good for weight loss. It really does have a lasting fullness factor doesn't it?
    zyxst wrote: »
    Thursday:

My Brown & Co. withdrawal was the regular price, no interest or service fees. I will say my gas is really rank this week.

I am one of those luck "low exhaust" types! Thankfully! Sometimes though I will get ahold of something that really turns me into that medicine ball I quote next!

Fruit does bloat me a bit! And here I was contemplating stewed prunes! That may not be a bad idea if I really want to swing by Brown & Co. before I step on the scale!
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    Ugh! I did it! I ended up with over 800 grams fruit vegetables and am still full this morning. I am not a volume eater, I guess?

Ya know this may be why they say a diet with a lot of fruits and vegetables is good for weight loss. It really does have a lasting fullness factor doesn't it?
    Thursday:

I am one of those luck "low exhaust" types! Thankfully! Sometimes though I will get ahold of something that really turns me into that medicine ball I quote next!

Fruit does bloat me a bit! And here I was contemplating stewed prunes! That may not be a bad idea if I really want to swing by Brown & Co. before I step on the scale!

Not really.... I think I must have the world's biggest stomach. Or digest quickly... Or something! (I'm having a giggle at all the comments about people being full... I could easily add another meal or two if I had the calories!)
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    So.....how to phrase this delicately......

I just wanted to make a report on my, ahem, holdings and deposits at the Brown & Co. Fidelity-Fiduciary Bank & Trust. Having consumed a combined 78 grams of fiber over two days, I really feel like my investment results should have been more robust and impressive. Is it possible for things to just sit in there, and how long does it take to get a "return on equity" for ones investments? Since I dedicated a large portion of my portfolio to Industrial Blueberry holdings, I do feel like I have seen positive net flows with this particular investment, having noted an interesting consistency, color, and more-pleasant-than-one-would-expect odor from this commodity tranche.

Also, i continue to have kind of a "blech"stomach although not the full-on tummy ache I had the first evening. I had some scrambled eggs and salsa this morning, but really don't feel like eating anything, although I feel perfectly fine and energetic otherwise.

I still have the banana, apple, tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, and green pepper on my desk, staring at me grimly, and also with what appears to be a touch of judgment.

Research (about digestive transit time) suggests that it may take up to 50+ hours for your deposits to be translated to their ultimate returns. Be aware, though, that continuing on your current investment course will result in a higher-than-previous daily average balance in your working-capital accounts, so that losses in other assets (such as the Long-Term Lipid Bonds) may be temporarily masked by said new working capital.

Besides the all-important portfolio liquidity previously discussed up-thread, be aware that a modest but regular current co-investment in alternative products (i.e., fats) are also necessary for optimum rate of return.

But it will all come out fine in the end.

Thanks for the hot tip! I am rebalancing my portfolio and going long fats! B)

I am pleased to report that I have recouped the dividends that have been in arrears and my books are now fully balanced, between last night and this morning. And...that's all I have to say about that. :#

HAHA!! Good to know!
    You know, I wish for once I could "make a deposit" before I step on the scale in the morning! I never get to the "bank teller" until after I have had coffee and my usual morning water then the scale does not reflect the appropriate balance!

I hear you. I always feel a little bit bitter on weigh in day after I weigh, log, have a coffee and some water, THEN have to go.
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »

Thursday:

Not really.... I think I must have the world's biggest stomach. Or digest quickly... Or something! (I'm having a giggle at all the comments about people being full... I could easily add another meal or two if I had the calories!)

Yeah, me, too. I found I get better satiation if I include lots of veggies in my day, but they don't leave me feeling maxed out, at least not for long.

I hope some of the folks who're finding them so astoundingly filling will post to that effect on some of the perennially recurring "I'm so hungry" threads over in General Diet & Weight Loss - it could make a meaningful improvement in micro-nutrient consumption MFP-wide. ;)

I think if someone isn't accustomed to all that fiber and water content it can really have that effect in a huge way. Also, From my own experience, I find vegetables and fruits to be more satiating than some other types of things. I usually feel pretty full for about 2-2 1/2 hours then I feel hungry again.
  • French_Peasant
    French_Peasant Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    220 g canned pears
    90 g pico
    65 g cherry tomatoes
    125 g banana
    [80] g green machine naked smoothie
    70 g pickled peppers
    30 g blueberries
    [80] g sweets and beets chips
    125 g tomatoes

For a grand total of 975.

Not sure if it is a medicine ball, but my mom pot is definitely a little more prominent. Today was a little easier with the more highly processed pears, juice, and chips. I feel like you should get extra credit when the juice is Frankenstein green. Yeah, definitely haven't felt like eating a lot all day, except for that blueberry scone!

Yes, I will be evangelizing on the "So hungry!!!!!!!" threads!
    ThatUserNameIsAllReadyTaken Posts: 1,530 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options

Options
    Wait, this thing just said that my comment will appear after it is approved? Really? SMH.... I must have accidentally tripped the spam switch.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Wait, this thing just said that my comment will appear after it is approved? Really? SMH.... I must have accidentally tripped the spam switch.

There's a few words which trigger that, I'm trying to remember what they are - one was the name of a competitor, I believe
    Options
    Tangerine- 36 g
    Squash - 124 g
    Beet root - 160 g
    Tomato - 157 g
    Strawberries - 58 g
    Bell peppers - 64 g
    Cucumber- 122 g
    Asparagus - 119 g

For a grand total of: 840 g
    Options
    I wonder if "Brown & Co." could be the trigger word? LOL!
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    I managed 578 grams today but I am really sucking at this. Did the powers that be really think that people can eat this much fruit and vegetables? How did they come up with 10 fruits/vegetables? My protein intake is lacking. And if I cut back on other carbs like bread or pasta just so I can eat more fruit/vegetables, I will hate life. Don't get me wrong, I love fruit and vegetables but..........

How many more days? Lol
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    1407 made up of watermelon, carrots, hummus (chickpeas), gherkins, blueberries, red pepper, mushrooms spinach, avocado and blackberries.

It so interesting how some of us find this super easy and yet others struggle.

And @Tiny_Dancer_in_Pink , forever. Mwahahahaha :p
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    Scrap that - 1677. Needed more watermelon...