10 a Day (800g) Veggie&Fruit Challenge Participants Check in!

Options

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    dfwesq wrote: »
    Checking in for today. Yesterday afternoon I started feeling ill (nothing related to my diet!) and didn't eat much. So just about 600g for the day.

Today has been a vegetable-palooza, though:

170g sauteed onions and mushrooms
    420g crudites (radish, red bell pepper, celery, cucumber, sugar snap pea pods, grape tomatoes)
    85g broccoli and pearl onions
    350g tomato braised cauliflower
    85g black beans
    200g eggplant caponata
    85g half a baked pear
    For a total of 1395g!

(Question: Is it OK for me to post links to the recipes? I don't have any connection to the sites the recipes are posted on.)

I know I want the recipe for that tomato braised cauliflower!

Look up, 5 posts above yours.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    I thought of this thread while I ordered my roasted veggies tacos.

Then I weighed them when I got home and realized they only had about 75 g of veggies in them.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    zyxst wrote: »
    I thought of this thread while I ordered my roasted veggies tacos.

Then I weighed them when I got home and realized they only had about 75 g of veggies in them.

Cooked vegetables? Or raw?
  • ThatUserNameIsAllReadyTaken
    Options
    Beets. I do love them! I also love the fright you get in the bathroom later! LOL!
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    Right, add 600g of spinach and half a kg each of mushrooms, tempeh, and chickpeas to that lot (the chickpeas actually won't get used this week, they're a pre-emptive buy for next weekend's batch of hummus).

Is gelato a vegetable? :p It was green (pistachio)...
  • earthnut
    earthnut Posts: 216 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    800g today!

Orange, Apple, bunch of grapes
    Salad of lettuce, asparagus, mushrooms, tomatoes
    Eggplant and Sweet potatoes for dinner (SP is a gray area but it's high nutrition so for this I'm counting it, 750g without it)

I only ate 6 servings using my old method of counting (~50 calories per serving), so with my last diet (8 servings a day) i guess i was exceeding this challenge. :hushed:
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    WTF??? I just had my weekly weigh in and I'm down a whopping 4lbs!

This must be water weight due to the decrease in processed carbs I'm guessing?

I'm a slight female by the way with a bmi of 20 and losing the last couple of winter vanity pounds I purposefully put on to keep warmer over winter.

Carbs are carbs - if you've kept your carbs the same, just from different sources, I can't imagine it would make that much difference. Less processed probably means less sodium, also more fibre - perhaps both have contributed?
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options

I'm a slight female by the way with a bmi of 20 and losing the last couple of winter vanity pounds I purposefully put on to keep warmer over winter.

Carbs are carbs - if you've kept your carbs the same, just from different sources, I can't imagine it would make that much difference. Less processed probably means less sodium, also more fibre - perhaps both have contributed?

My fibre didn't change and my carbs increased? The carbs just changed from noodles, bread etc to veg.
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options

My fibre didn't change and my carbs increased? The carbs just changed from noodles, bread etc to veg.

More potassium?
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    Options
    Nony_Mouse wrote: »

More potassium?

Could be, I was certainly peeing a lot :D
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    Options
    You're right @AnnPT77

I use COQ10 as my excuse to eat nut butter :D
  • Tum22
    Tum22 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Managed approximately 7 servings yesterday and was quite easy but these were high sugar items: baked beans, orange juice, tangerines, pear, strawberries, carrot, peas/sweetcorn.

I really enjoyed this challenge and the comments have been fun. I will continue for March if I can and probably indefinitely as it is helping me to keep my calories down and fullness up.

Thank you crzycatlady1 for setting up the challenge.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    I too am going to keep pushing the veggies for March. I'm going grocery shopping today, you should see my list with all the produce on it!

I've started eating a very large salad for my first meal of the day with a load of dressing made from Greek yogurt (for the protein) and that meal has been VERY satisfying for me. If this challenge has brought nothing else into my life, it's brought that, and I'm grateful for it. Oh, also, fruit and yogurt for dessert after dinner. With just those two things, I'd have a reasonable daily intake.
  • ThatUserNameIsAllReadyTaken
    ThatUserNameIsAllReadyTaken Posts: 1,530 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I am going to also keep my consumption up. Though I am going to trim it back first and get an idea of just how much I was eating prior to this. Maybe I will visit the past entries in my diary to get a better idea. Then build from there.

Just wondering, will there be thread for anyone who wants to continue or will we just be doing this without any further forum thread?