WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2017

Options

Replies

• gotu52
    gotu52 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    DJ, good to know and thanks a lot! I can't wait to cook in it. My former non-stick is not looking good. So tomorrow is weigh day so hoping it goes well. I am a little nervous to start my work week as I am supposed to find out if the restructuring of my position is going to be official and I will have to tell my staff. I have been in the position 20 years so it is a big change for everyone but it is the right one.

Wishing everyone a good night. Love all the pics! Keep them coming.

<3 Sarah, Ontario.
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    Hope everyone is having/had a good weekend by whatever standard you call "good".

Honestly if the hubs wasn't pushing me this weekend I would have spent the whole time sitting on the couch crocheting. But push he did. We ran several errands both days. Went to the gym and did strength training and cardio both days. Our son came up from Houston for overnight. Mainly he needed a haircut. I cut both his and the hubs hair for like forever. Nice visit. I did have to speak to him about his health and weight. He is only 26 yo and needs to attend to this area. I simply asked him a "favor" would he start to attend to himself now that his move to Houston is settled and he is comfortable in his new position at Deloitte. He knows what to do as he was a health and workout nut back several years. He had a panic attack at a gym once and just hasn't been able to move beyond that moment. He is on several medications for that and I know they don't help with weight gain. He knows what to do. Maybe seeing the success I am having will inspire. I won't lecture.

Speaking of success I have reached a new low: 181.2 lbs! I feel the 17s just around the corner! I've also had a NSV in that I have more interest in my wardrobe since like forever. To celebrate my success I ordered several new colorful and patterned tops from Kohl's. Goodbye all you solid colored XL Ts!

Busy week ahead for me. TAMU Women's Book Club on Monday morning. Our speaker will be Liz Mertiz from the Brazos Valley Society of Children's Book-writers and Illustrators. Tuesday evening is the Library Book Club where we will be discussing the book Mornings On Horseback by David McCullough. The story of the child who became Theodore Roosevelt. A good read. Wednesday is a tour of the OPAS at TAMU which presents professional productions of theater, music and dance programs for lovers of the arts. We will be getting a backstage tour. Thursday I have a lunch date and then in the evening Adult Coloring at the Library. Friday is free and then my daughter arrives for a week visit from VA on Saturday!

I am in the middle of several afghans and quilts for Project Linus. Also, I am busy creating more Pocket Letters for my paper crafting pen pals. I don't think I have embraced my creative passions this much in many, many years and it feels great!

Things are going well for the hubs. He has made quite the impression on the professionals and students he comes in contact with at TAMU. He is awaiting word on a salary adjustment. Due to that we cannot make a decision on purchasing a home or continuing to rent. Our rent went up and we only have a short while to let the landlord know if we are staying. The timing of all this is not to our advantage. Not much we can due. Working for the state he is learning how very, very, very long it takes for decisions to be made.

I love all the pictures everyone is sharing. Especially all the little ones! I always have you ladies on my mind. Take care of yourselves my friends!

Cheri
    in damp and wet College Station, TX

• fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,108 Member
    Options
    Sue- sorry to hear that! I hope they clear it up quickly for you (((hugs)))

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    DJ - wrote "Janetr, OMG what a beautiful child and she really looks more alert than a 1 day old. I hope we get more pictures as she gets a bit older. *hint, hint* I love her onesie."

She had to be delivered c-section, she was feet first. She weighed 8 1/2 lbs, 21" long. Obviously Dad is an avid fisherman, he had a pink and a blue onesie made. Because they already had three boys, they chose not to be told the gender ahead of birth. I'll post pics as I get them but they live in CO, not all that far from Charleen, I think.

Janetr okc
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    DJ, haha! Ya notice the things empty now right?!! I am so not bragging... Just keeping it as evidence!
    Becca
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    SueBDew, get better soon!
    Becca
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,530 Member
    Options
    Floyd
    l4r60ntd4nft.jpg
  • miakoda40
    miakoda40 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Heather - I love it when you share pics of the grands. Bea is a cutie pie. Love the pic of your son with his rescues. I hold people who do animal rescue in a special place in my heart.

Pip - Looks like the cat is whispering sweet nothings to the dog. Adorable.

Janetr - Hannah is beautiful. Love that full head of hair.

Mia in MI

• fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,108 Member
    Options
    Drkatiebug- fantastic transformation! You look awesome!

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    drkatiebug- AWESOME you look terrific!!

Thanks on Hannah. Her big brothers are Ben, Jonah and Noah. She sent a pic of the big bros kissing Hannah. :)

Janetr okc
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Joyce:
    2iqtxm99tedt.jpg

Katla & Sue So excited for the two of you to meet tomorrow! Should be fun, can't wait to see the photos.

Kate UK Ugh bummer about the GB. Sorry you have to go through that.

Cathy in MI I was one of the people who said Vit D helped my knees. No, I don't have much, if any, arthritis in my knees, but I was so stiff and sore in the mornings that when I let my little dogs out, I had to take the front steps one at a time, like a small child. One morning about 2-3 weeks after starting Vit D gelcaps I realized I had just sauntered down the steps without thinking a thing about it, no pain, no stiffness, just walked on down those steps like I owned them (which I do). I stood there looking back up at the house slack-jawed wondering how I had gotten down the steps without grimacing and mincing and groaning...you get the picture...it made a world of difference for me. I didn't have my levels tested, I just started taking it because I knew I didn't get that much Vit D in my diet, or via sunshine exposure. I would like to emphasize that Vit D should be taken in gelcap or gummy or liquid form, not tablets, because it is fat soluble and not very bioavailable in tablet form.

Heather OMG that Bea! Can't get enough of her, she is so stinkin' cute!!! And I like the grandgreyhound pics.

Yinka Whaaaaaaattt!?? I can't believe someone gave you a ticket while you were in church! That is just wrong!

Janetr Awwwwww! Hannah is adorable! Love her little fascinator!

Rori Enjoy your travels! And thanks for Reiki for Olivia's kidneys and overall health. She is improving every day. Jury is still out on the kidneys. Prayers for your niece. I lost a daughter in 1992 in the third trimester. I know Heather and some others here have lost children.

DJ They put the feeding tube in her nose but I think they will pull it soon, as Olivia is learning to nurse. <3

NYKAREN So glad your husband is better...

Sue What the heck? Why did you have SBO? How are you feeling? Sending healing thoughts & prayers.

Sarah Ontario and PIP Best of luck with your work issues.

Michele c0103.gif

Cheri Shhhhhhh!!!!! Don't tell Roz, but I have snuck into her suitcase. See you soon!

Kay Wonderful photo series. You look fab!

Olivia We are waiting to find out if baby warrior princess is holding her own with her kidney functions vs needing more dialysis. Also how well she is doing nursing/keeping breastmilk down. Will report back once we know more, in the meantime, thanks for all the love/prayers/reiki/healing thoughts. xoxo

Karen in Virginia
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Katiebug, you look so good. I assume the one picture is one when you are getting your PHD. Why do they always have strange looking (hoods)? I'm not even sure that is the proper name for the head gear.

Lanette, some one said something about pen pal and that sent my mind thinking of other things you can let God use you. There are so many people who need a pen pal, inmates, servicemen, students. The list can go on and on.

Michelle, brought over a full cheesecake for my birthday. EEEGAD! It was one of those from a grocery store that has about 4 different kinds. We sent several slices home with her for her room mate and boyfriend.

Joyce, Indiana
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options

Cheri Shhhhhhh!!!!! Don't tell Roz, but I have snuck into her suitcase. See you soon!

Karen in Virginia

Ha, ha Karen! I know that by not going to her this time I will miss Cheri/Karen time! Not to worry though as I will be back at a later date. Miss ya!

Cheri
  • mikesmom1983
    mikesmom1983 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Got all my bookkeeping done! Yeah! The downside was sitting in my office for 7 hours, not moving much. When I was done I strolled around the grocery store and came home to make a yummy mushroom soup.

Barbie, no need to worry about me getting too thin, my BMI is 25, the upper end of healthy. It would take losing a limb for me to get to19.

Time for bed.
    Sweet dreams everyone.

Chris in MA