Any anime fans in here?

Options

Replies

• ActivatedAlm0nds
    ActivatedAlm0nds Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I haven't looked at the anime yet, but My Hero Academia has been pretty good so far.r
  • MomReborn
    MomReborn Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I know I'm late to the party, but I love anime :)

I started watching Voltron when it first arrived in the States in the early 80s. So, of course Mecha anime is at the top of my list. I love the Dragonball series, Death Note was pretty cool, and so was Betterman. I'm also a fan of Attack on Titan. My older kiddos love Bleach and Naruto, so I watch and read the manga by default.

I also liked Mononoke (a spinoff from Ayakashi), the Higurashi series, and I love the art style and storytelling presented by Hayao Miyazaki (Princess Mononoke, My Neighbor Totoro, Howl's Moving Castle, etc.)

I love this thread, BTW, and plan to add a couple more titles to my list of "have to watch series". Take care all! <3
  • postchrysalis
    postchrysalis Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    kristalr72 wrote: »
    Heroic Age, Your Lie in April and Attack on Titan is huge in my house, Black Butler too

Nice to see another Heroic Age fan here! I love AoT, as well. BB was cool, but I was never hardcore into it. And I've been shelving YLiA for ages for some unknown reason. :/
  • postchrysalis
    postchrysalis Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I recently finished watching (in-between re-watching Hajime no Ippo, which is spectacular and I absolutely recommend it) Death Parade, which I loved so much. That one put me on a major feels train. And gosh, don't get me started on the OP/END. So good, so good. I also recently finished Yuri!!! On Ice, and yeah yeah, I know it's super popular to hate on that anime and whatever, but I thought it was super cute. It also has a fantastic soundtrack.

My favorite manga at the moment are Chang Ge Xing (actually a manhua), Chihayafuru!, Akatsuki no Yona, Horimiya, and Haikyuu!!. My forever fave is Basara, which is super unpopular to my eternal frustration. I'm considering re-reading the series again even though I my last re-read was only a few months ago.
  • Cerealsensei
    Cerealsensei Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Just gonna leave this here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1mUVn_EaQk
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    Yes
  • Cerealsensei
    Options
    What shows have you guys been watching lately? I'm watching Ghost In The Shell SAC 2nd Gig, so far I'm enjoying it just as much as the first season.
  • trmcleodprime
    trmcleodprime Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to get caught up on Fairy Tail I'm still in season 5. I also finished season 1 of Seven Deadly Sins
  • Cerealsensei
    Options
    roma1 wrote: »
    I'm trying to get caught up on Fairy Tail I'm still in season 5. I also finished season 1 of Seven Deadly Sins

two shows I've been meaning to watch but just never got around too lol
  • Cerealsensei
    Options
    So there's gonna be a live action Jojo.......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WaoTEAMTdI
  • BeChill73
    BeChill73 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    My daughter is a mad anime fan. Funny story from her first day at uni... they played an ice-breaker game called "Me too!" where each person would stand up and say something they liked, and then anyone else who liked it would raise their hand and say "me too". Most people were saying things like art, or reading, or music etc, and each oerson got a heaps of "me too"'s in response.

My daughter stood up and said "I like anime" and the whole room was silent, until finally someone from the back of the room said "I think you are the bravest person in this room".

• Baphometta
    Baphometta Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/119417-twitter-gets-fitter We've got a fitness group for nerds, gamers, geeks, etc, if anyone is interested!
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    Parasites the Maxim is good too.
  • cee134
    Options
    Baphometta wrote: »
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/119417-twitter-gets-fitter We've got a fitness group for nerds, gamers, geeks, etc, if anyone is interested!

I'd join your group, but I don't want to exercise.
  • RedSquadronLeader
    RedSquadronLeader Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    One Punch Man, Erased, Samurai Champloo, Cowboy Bebop (of course!), I'm totally loving Ajin: Demi Human on Netflix right now - it's really a very dark show but extremely well-done with incredible character development. Also more recent, Kuromukuro (also on Netflix), kind of in the vein of Evangelion but without all the Christian overtones.
  • cee134
    Options
    One Punch Man, Erased, Samurai Champloo, Cowboy Bebop (of course!), I'm totally loving Ajin: Demi Human on Netflix right now - it's really a very dark show but extremely well-done with incredible character development. Also more recent, Kuromukuro (also on Netflix), kind of in the vein of Evangelion but without all the Christian overtones.

trcy1xmrcovf.jpg
  • Cerealsensei
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »
    Parasites the Maxim is good too.

I was supposed to had watched this and ended up watching Tokyo Ghoul instead.
  • DoNotSpamMe73
    DoNotSpamMe73 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    BeChill73 wrote: »
    My daughter is a mad anime fan. Funny story from her first day at uni... they played an ice-breaker game called "Me too!" where each person would stand up and say something they liked, and then anyone else who liked it would raise their hand and say "me too". Most people were saying things like art, or reading, or music etc, and each oerson got a heaps of "me too"'s in response.

My daughter stood up and said "I like anime" and the whole room was silent, until finally someone from the back of the room said "I think you are the bravest person in this room".

What? Anime is extremely wide and is usually drawn really well. As to how you could dislike anime in general.
  • BeChill73
    BeChill73 Posts: 75 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    BeChill73 wrote: »

What? Anime is extremely wide and is usually drawn really well. As to how you could dislike anime in general.

Tell me about it! And this was a room of science/physics students as well (usually an area where you would expect to find a higher proportion of gamers and geeks) On the bright side, the Uni has an Anime and Manga Club so she has found some kindred souls there.