WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2017

Options

Replies

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow morning DH has surgery on eye #2. We just had a lovely dinner at the Mongolian BBQ and we're in our hotel room for the night. I am ready to relax a bit. :flowerforyou:
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Yep that picture shows a guy on a unicycle, dressed as Darth Vader, in a kilt, with flames coming out of his bagpipes! Just a normal thing in Portland!
    Becca
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Becca, there are many, many days I don't' comment to anyone. Not that I don't care. I just don't respond. A couple of years ago I made long, long responses. I have no idea why I stopped. I still care just as much. Maybe a little depression???? But anyway, I love your posts. You are a very unique person maybe because of your Navy wife days? But everything about you I absolutely adore. I love your take on life, your love you have for your seniors, or even anyone who needs a hug. You just keep on posting about YOU and know that there are some of us who are silently enjoying everything you write and learning so much.

There have been many times I have used this sight as more of a journal for myself. I don't expect anyone to respond to me. I just have this urgent need to right my thoughts down. So you are welcome to read and be silent but they help me figure things out.

I don't know why my 'DH' is so hesitant to talk on the phone to potential contractors. We are going to be installing two doors and one door apparently is going to take some extra work on the framing. I don't understand a bit of it. But I knew Charlie would. But I couldn't get him to talk to our hopeful contractor that I have had so many conversations with but just not signed the contract. So I finally got him to agree to me calling and talking to him then putting him on speaker phone. It solved everything!!!!! Since we are getting money back from our Federal taxes he felt like we could afford to get the gutter guard, will not get the garage door opener although we could easily afford that also. I know his Parkinson's would sure appreciate it. Charlie was so hesitant in the gutter guard, all it took is to ask this guy if he was going to be over on this side of town and could bring it over again. He is also going to bring over two more bunches of colors he can get the gutters and downspouts in. I can't believe this is actually going to happen now. So my sister and I are going to have lunch tomorrow for my birthday so I am trusting my husband to get this contract signed, ask the one question we forgot to ask today. They would be able to start the end of the month, first of April. We signed the contract on the windows Feb 4th and they said 6-8 weeks so it might all be at the same time!!!!!

We really want to go down and see oldest daughter and family. This weekend works for them since the teenager will be home but it is the weekend to put our clocks forward. I really have this problem with commitment in going to church. Once I get on a consistent schedule, I am OK. I have gone 3 Sundays in a row now. But that is no way close enough for me to be in the commitment to get up. It isn't the desire, it's the getting out of bed to do it. If we go to their house Saturday, we will be getting back about 10 PM which is then 11 PM getting to bed time. That is the problem for me. So I am torn between wanting to see the family, getting my Ellie hugs and continuing in getting back in my schedule in getting to church. I was very consistent until my hospitalizations in December. She is suggesting we go down there spring break when we can go during the week. She doesn't know it but we will be going down there April 8th for her 40th birthday. We will take my wheelchair, get some black balloons and other 'over the hill' stuff and take her to the mall and other places. We did that for my brother when he turned 40 and we had so much fun.

See, I use this site to just write down thoughts. No one has to respond. I am just listening to myself.

Joyce, Indiana

• frankiesgirl21
    frankiesgirl21 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Hey Renee! U can call me '97 Softail' or Tracy for short. You ca girls have too much energy. But I love central coast and would live there fore ever if I could. However I call pa home.... I wAs once a 120 lb model Now. A 160 lb office manager of men. Together we can figure out this life stage thing.!

Jolene I am days late to this discussion so I am sorry. What an absolute load of horse tripe. Your boss is using u and blowing smoke up yyour fanny. It is time to march directly to hr and inform them of her behavior. It sounds to me like she wants/needs you right where you are. You are strong competent and valuable and she is stealing your skills for her own benefit. I am shocked to be the only one to see it by now.

• janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    DJ wrote "Janetr, since you had gained back a few pounds, then don’t take my congrats on losing some. LOL I don’t care if you had gained 100….lost weight is lost weight and I think it’s wonderful. So there. (((Hugs)))"

LOL Thank you for the encouragement and I did appreciate it, I didn't mean to be ugly about it. I just didn't want you to think I all this weight and becoming too "thin" ha ha ha I so very much appreciate the encouragement. I've been working hard at it and the support and encouragement here is my best motivation. Thank you #1.

Janetr OKC
  • frankiesgirl21
    frankiesgirl21 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    PaulaY..... I too am anxious to know where you are. Interestingly, your profile says 59 yr old female and that's about it. I also see a member pyanko who is a 51 year old male of no particular background either. Your brother I assume?..
  • GloworminWA
    GloworminWA Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Pip - I have a picture of you in my head sleuthing around corners with a camera catching your furry friends by surprise! LOL camera-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Joyce: Your thoughts are just fine with me. When I began here on MFP we were just beginning to struggle with DH's MS. Your guidance and "thoughts" were a huge help to both of us. Thank you for your help then and your perspective now. (((HUGS)))
  • AKcanookie
    AKcanookie Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    <3
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Karen in VA - little Oliva is so gorgeous. Still praying for resolutions to the non-functioning kidneys. Thanks for the update.

Janetr okc
  • GloworminWA
    GloworminWA Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Barbie - I never use flashlights anymore. I have a headlamp for each of us for emergency lights. It would work great out walking in the dark.

Becca - none of us gets written to every time but if you're not here for a while everyone is wondering where you are! I feel the same sometimes but I don't have time to write to everyone all the time and sometimes I just feel like so many people have already said what I would say that I don't need to say it. Hopefully everyone knows that I care about them and what's going on in their lives.

Love to all - of to bed!

Gloria in WA <3
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Re just wondering if you got my message.
    SueBDew