True Confessions - Don't Judge

Options

Replies

• LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    crssftlv wrote: »
    I confess that it is hard for me to say no, because I don't want to hurt someones feelings :/

Same here :(

I confess that I have trust issues & it takes time for me to warm up to anyone but once you win my trust, I'll stick with you through thick & thin BUT WARNING: I have a tendency to get vindictive & will plan to get even if you hurt or betrayed me.
  • MTgal477
    MTgal477 Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    I confess that I care waaaaay too much about what other people think and I let it get to me. I need to be more confident in myself and learn to not be so insecure.......
  • TK6299
    TK6299 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    MTgal477 wrote: »
    I confess that I care waaaaay too much about what other people think and I let it get to me. I need to be more confident in myself and learn to not be so insecure.......

I confess that I never would have guessed you as an insecure person. You appear strong and confidant!
  • Gimsteinn
    Gimsteinn Posts: 7,678 Member
    Options
    I'm taking an extra rest day cause I'm lazy and making excuses.
    Had plans to go workout with a friend who has a science degree in sports something and I called him and told him I was sick cause I wasn't in the mood to go to a normal gym.

And my excuse for not doing crossfit is that my arms still feel tight and I'm going to UK tomorrow and I need all day to pack, get the kids sorted and clean the flat.. See, I'm so good at making excuses :D
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Gimsteinn wrote: »
    I'm taking an extra rest day cause I'm lazy and making excuses.
    Had plans to go workout with a friend who has a science degree in sports something and I called him and told him I was sick cause I wasn't in the mood to go to a normal gym.

And my excuse for not doing crossfit is that my arms still feel tight and I'm going to UK tomorrow and I need all day to pack, get the kids sorted and clean the flat.. See, I'm so good at making excuses :D

You are last person that I know that is lazy and full of excuses! Not in the mood means you need a mental break! It looks like a busy day you need to prepare for a trip, rest day to rest your upper body and your mind too!

I call this active rest and avoiding injury day.. :)
  • MalkinMagic71
    MalkinMagic71 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    FeraFilia wrote: »
    I confess I'm seriously dreading going outside to do day 2 of c25k in a little bit.

I feel you. I hate running. I signed up for a 5k in April. Physically I know I can do it. I've done the distance on the treadmill a few times now. Mentally it just sucks haha. Plan to run outside a few times once it's not raining like crazy to get used to that mentally. I'm determined to do it though.I've invested money in the 5k already by signing up so no turning back. You got this!
  • MalkinMagic71
    MalkinMagic71 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    RoxieDawn wrote: »
    jtegirl1 wrote: »
    I confess I'm seriously dreading going outside to do day 2 of c25k in a little bit.

Can't you do it on treadmill?

I tried it on the treadmill, and I can't get the thing to switch speeds very easily. And I find it easier outside, anyway. It's not the outside I'm dreading, it's the running. ;)

Working with the treadmill gets some getting used to..

I hate that you are dreading something that you have put your heart and soul into.. Think about where you will be this time next week and the next?

I think I'm dreading it because I'm not *good* yet, and I have a nagging inner perfectionist that really hates that.

I felt the same way when I started doing the treadmill. I thought I ran funny. I probably do but oh well. You will get better at it. I'm in my comfort zone on the stationary bike at the gym. Like you said I know I'm good at it. Took a while to muster up the courage to get on the treadmill.
  • FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options

I feel you. I hate running. I signed up for a 5k in April. Physically I know I can do it. I've done the distance on the treadmill a few times now. Mentally it just sucks haha. Plan to run outside a few times once it's not raining like crazy to get used to that mentally. I'm determined to do it though.I've invested money in the 5k already by signing up so no turning back. You got this!
    RoxieDawn wrote: »
    jtegirl1 wrote: »

Can't you do it on treadmill?

I tried it on the treadmill, and I can't get the thing to switch speeds very easily. And I find it easier outside, anyway. It's not the outside I'm dreading, it's the running. ;)

Working with the treadmill gets some getting used to..

I hate that you are dreading something that you have put your heart and soul into.. Think about where you will be this time next week and the next?

I think I'm dreading it because I'm not *good* yet, and I have a nagging inner perfectionist that really hates that.

I felt the same way when I started doing the treadmill. I thought I ran funny. I probably do but oh well. You will get better at it. I'm in my comfort zone on the stationary bike at the gym. Like you said I know I'm good at it. Took a while to muster up the courage to get on the treadmill.

I have a treadmill in my "gym" at home (my basement). It's sturdy but no bells and whistles, and changing the pace on it is a pain. I like it for a steady pace while watching Netflix, but it's a pain for the c25k intervals. So I bought the thing and run in a parking lot lol.

I have my eye on a 5k at the end of August. I'm looking forward to checking that off my bucket list. I wanted to do it before I was 30... hopefully I can do it before 34 in October.

The whole reason I want to run is because I've always been too heavy to do that kind of physical activity. I crave the ability to have that freedom of movement because I want to know what it's like. I can do an hour of lower impact cardio now, and I've started c25k to introduce a little higher impact. Is amazing to me that I can do it at all.

Seeing people like you who have come so far is a huge inspiration to me and it means a lot to have y'all cheering me on. I need all the help I can get. Especially now, when I'm at the point in long term weight loss (62 down, 99 to go) where the shiny new excitement has worn off and that long road ahead looks so daunting. Every little boost helps. So... Thanks! :)
  • MTgal477
    MTgal477 Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    TK6299 wrote: »

I confess that I never would have guessed you as an insecure person. You appear strong and confidant!

Can't judge a book by its cover right? :wink: we all hide a little something, I guess that's my something.
  • PhedraJD
    PhedraJD Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    I confess I am in a crappy mood, and I am blaming the BF, it is probably really PMS, and hormones from my recent surgery.

Last night his mom (whom lives with us) was being her sour puss self. she is miserable to be around and basically sits in the living room from the time she wakes up until she goes to bed. (Which is when the BF does.) She blamed her bad attitude on me last night, and said I was hitting her dog. The BF confronted me about this, then tells me he didn't really believe her. Grr, then this morning we were snapping at each other and he called me a grumpy butt. I told him he wasn't helping. So his solution is to not talk to me. Today, I am totally okay with this. So I preceded to shut my mouth and not talk to him until I left work. Now he is mad because I didn't talk to him all morning. Hey this confession sure makes you feel better.

I also confess I do not want to work, but I don't want to be at home where the sour puss lady is at. I think tonight I will be hiding in my room.
  • Gimsteinn
    Options
    I confess I'm worried about the next few days
    The people I'm going with are all out of shape and they eat a lot of bad food.. also they smoke.
    So I'm worried I won't have the self control to stay away from the *kitten* or the bad food.
  • PhedraJD
    PhedraJD Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    @RegaliTea_69 What a great idea, I wouldn't have even thought of that.
  • Gimsteinn
    Options
    Gimsteinn wrote: »
    I confess I'm worried about the next few days
    The people I'm going with are all out of shape and they eat a lot of bad food.. also they smoke.
    So I'm worried I won't have the self control to stay away from the *kitten* or the bad food.
    Maybe you could offer to cook for them? That way you can make something fairly healthy.

Are you coming to the UK?

Yeah, Uk but we're staying at a hotel and I don't have any way to cook for them.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I confess I removed this post..
  • _dixiana_
    _dixiana_ Posts: 3,262 Member
    Options
    @MTgal477 wrote: »
    TK6299 wrote: »

Can't judge a book by its cover right? :wink: we all hide a little something, I guess that's my something.

On point.
  • angelxsss
    angelxsss Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    I don't know when a date becomes a boyfriend and my friend is explaining it's the words "will you go out with me" and it's stressing me out because has he already said it and I just didn't notice or has he not? These stupid labels and codes and games. I hate it.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    lstrat115 wrote: »
    angelxsss wrote: »
    I don't know when a date becomes a boyfriend and my friend is explaining it's the words "will you go out with me" and it's stressing me out because has he already said it and I just didn't notice or has he not? These stupid labels and codes and games. I hate it.

I thought "Will you go out with me?" was only asking to be a boyfriend in middle school or high school? I thought adults said it to actually ask someone on a date. People can be dating more than one person. In my experience I assumed girlfriend/boyfriend status once there had been several dates and there was a conversation about whether you were okay with each other dating other people or whether you were going to be exclusive.

This. Until the word exclusive comes up, don't consider it to be exclusive.
  • angelxsss
    angelxsss Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    lstrat115 wrote: »
    angelxsss wrote: »

I thought "Will you go out with me?" was only asking to be a boyfriend in middle school or high school? I thought adults said it to actually ask someone on a date. People can be dating more than one person. In my experience I assumed girlfriend/boyfriend status once there had been several dates and there was a conversation about whether you were okay with each other dating other people or whether you were going to be exclusive.

This. Until the word exclusive comes up, don't consider it to be exclusive.

We've both mentioned we weren't seeing other people but never had a pointed discussion about it. Oh well.