True Confessions - Don't Judge

Options

Replies

• Lonestar5715
    Lonestar5715 Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    RoxieDawn wrote: »
    I confess I removed this post..

@RoxieDawn I confess I think you look fine without it. Just sayin'.........
  • SweatsOnSunday
    SweatsOnSunday Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I confess that I've always been pretty obtuse at understanding the 'signs' women give, and that I am so very, very glad that I am not single.
  • samuelgina91
    samuelgina91 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I confess that it is really hard being the only person in my family who is health conscious enough to not just want and preach about being healthy but to actively pursue that, especially in this family where everyone is overweight, two are obese, and everyone has health issues that include disabilities and major surgeries. I have spent so much of my time and life worrying about them which has honestly ruined a huge chunk of my life and my own health.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    angelxsss wrote: »
    lstrat115 wrote: »
    I don't know when a date becomes a boyfriend and my friend is explaining it's the words "will you go out with me" and it's stressing me out because has he already said it and I just didn't notice or has he not? These stupid labels and codes and games. I hate it.

I thought "Will you go out with me?" was only asking to be a boyfriend in middle school or high school? I thought adults said it to actually ask someone on a date. People can be dating more than one person. In my experience I assumed girlfriend/boyfriend status once there had been several dates and there was a conversation about whether you were okay with each other dating other people or whether you were going to be exclusive.

This. Until the word exclusive comes up, don't consider it to be exclusive.

We've both mentioned we weren't seeing other people but never had a pointed discussion about it. Oh well.

If it's meant to be, it will happen. Don't rush it. Just enjoy it. Let things happen naturally. When one or the other feels it is time to make a commitment, it will come up.
  • angelxsss
    angelxsss Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    I don't know when a date becomes a boyfriend and my friend is explaining it's the words "will you go out with me" and it's stressing me out because has he already said it and I just didn't notice or has he not? These stupid labels and codes and games. I hate it.

I thought "Will you go out with me?" was only asking to be a boyfriend in middle school or high school? I thought adults said it to actually ask someone on a date. People can be dating more than one person. In my experience I assumed girlfriend/boyfriend status once there had been several dates and there was a conversation about whether you were okay with each other dating other people or whether you were going to be exclusive.

We've both mentioned we weren't seeing other people but never had a pointed discussion about it. Oh well.

If it's meant to be, it will happen. Don't rush it. Just enjoy it. Let things happen naturally. When one or the other feels it is time to make a commitment, it will come up.

I do already but I'll let him bring it up since I'm a weirdo haha
  • angelxsss
    Options

How long have you been together? Wanting to have a definition of the relationship doesn't make you a weirdo! I agree with letting it come up naturally, but if it's been months and months, I don't see any harm in bringing the subject up.

Lol it's been a week. I think it's going abnormally well, but it still hasn't been too long. The friend I was talking about earlier said it would've happened by now, but that took me by surprise because it's still super early.
  • Gimsteinn
    Gimsteinn Posts: 7,678 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options

How long have you been together? Wanting to have a definition of the relationship doesn't make you a weirdo! I agree with letting it come up naturally, but if it's been months and months, I don't see any harm in bringing the subject up.

Lol it's been a week. I think it's going abnormally well, but it still hasn't been too long. The friend I was talking about earlier said it would've happened by now, but that took me by surprise because it's still super early.

In Iceland this works kinda like this:

Boy meets girl, girl meets boy.. they like each other, go home together and have sex
    Day after they exchange numbers if they still like each other
    6 months later they've moved in together, adopted a dog and have a pet turtle called Jonny.
    10 years later they have 3 kids, a house, Jonny has died do to eating a lego and the dog now has developed cancer. The kids are driving them crazy so the dude moves out and gets shared custody.
    Thankfully they didn't get married as that's not really the norm here so they didn't have to pay a lot for a divorce.

I think your games are better...
  • angelxsss
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Gimsteinn wrote: »

Boy meets girl, girl meets boy.. they like each other, go home together and have sex
    6 months later they've moved in together, adopted a dog and have a pet turtle called Jonny.
    10 years later they have 3 kids, a house, Jonny has died do to eating a lego and the dog now has developed cancer. The kids are driving them crazy so the dude moves out and gets shared custody.
    Thankfully they didn't get married as that's not really the norm here so they didn't have to pay a lot for a divorce.

lol we've got the first two steps down. But yeah, not liking step 4.
  • tmanfromtexas
    tmanfromtexas Posts: 928 Member
    Options

Oh so you did go all in on the first date. I was wondering after your post last week lol.
  • angelxsss
    Options

Oh so you did go all in on the first date. I was wondering after your post last week lol.

yeah I have not so great decision-making skills, I've been told. But oh well, at least it worked out well so far
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    RoxieDawn wrote: »
    I confess I removed this post..

@RoxieDawn I confess I think you look fine without it. Just sayin'.........

smh.. i needed a laugh today.
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    I confess I like my family but why must they all want to plan trips today.
  • _dixiana_
    _dixiana_ Posts: 3,262 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    @J_Surita3 wrote: »
    I confess I think I have the opposite opinion of the majority of people on here. For example, I think the snap chat filters look utterly ridiculous unless you're 8 years old or younger. Then of course there's the multiple daily selfies, the love of bacon I never understood, etc. The list goes on and on.

Snacpchat filters ARE ridiculous! That's what's so fun about them. :D But only if you're doing them in jest... I hope you caught my crazy collage I posted yesterday. Sometimes you just need to laugh at yourself.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    I confess that I've always been pretty obtuse at understanding the 'signs' women give, and that I am so very, very glad that I am not single.

Agree on both.
  • rosejenna1994
    rosejenna1994 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I confess that I hardly eat
  • FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    I confess that I never learned how those "signs" women are supposed to give actually work. I am awful at being subtle, and sometimes I'm too blunt. I am also glad I'm not single, because most guys in my experience were turned off by bluntness.
  • JLAJ81
    JLAJ81 Posts: 2,477 Member
    Options
    I need a cry right now but I can't. I have to be the one person that holds it together and makes the decisions. Sometimes I wish I was a ten year old boy again and didn't have to worry about things.