Just for Today ..... Daily Commitment Thread- Start of a new year!

Options

Replies

• PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Just for Thursday
    1. 64 oz water
    2. No processed junk food
    3. Remain on task at work to mark items off task list
    4. Remain calm during stressful encounters today
    5. Take an actual lunch break
    6. Notice the small things and take time to be grateful.
    7. Read from Simple Abundance and write in journal
    8. One hour unplugged before bed

In March I will:
    1. Look at stressors and determine what I can change, how I can change it and how to accept what can't be changed.
    2. Separate the reality of situation from my "story" of situation. Look at facts, not perception

Have a great day everyone!!!
  • kirbygirl41
    kirbygirl41 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    3/8
    Steps 7000 :/
    Drink 32 ounces of water :)
    Log all food and stay under goal :)
    Read and study. :)
    Get some more laundry done at a friends. :) Hopefully order my replacement washing machine this afternoon. :):) Finally. It's been 31 days since my machine broke. I get the new machine on March 14!

3/9
    Steps 7000
    Drink 32 ounces of water
    Log all food and stay under goal
    Read and study.
    Exercise video 20 minutes.
    Catch up on paperwork
  • TechNerd42
    TechNerd42 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    @linnea4: "Do not sing out loud at work" This made me laugh out loud at work and almost spit my coffee all over my desk! I have done this when wearing earbuds and listening to music without realizing it. OMG, my voice just sucks too! hahaha!

Ha. Yeah, I'm fortunate, the closest people are a few desks away, so I probably wouldn't bother too many people, since I would do it quietly if at all, but people do walk up on occasion, and they don't need to hear me singing about how my friends are heathens... :)
    I was sitting through a trial on a jury for the last few days, so I have really not been on here or doing well. We are locked in a room and can't go get anything to eat, and they bring us donuts...you can fill in the blanks from there I'm sure! UGH.

Yeah, my most recent jury duty they let us out to get lunch, I walked to McDonald's (about a mile and a half round trip) and got a salad. No donuts (but they had vending machines...)

It'll get better.
  • bri150lbs
    bri150lbs Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    linnea4 wrote: »
    JFT Wednesday:

Do not sing out loud at work

HA! That is SO Funny!

I say SING! SING LOUD! STAND ON YOUR DESK AND SING!

Maybe you'll get another raise!

I sing all the time. Sometimes I have to appolgize to people in the waiting room BUT no one has ever walked out of my performance!

• bri150lbs
    Options
    Hopefully order my replacement washing machine this afternoon. :):) Finally. It's been 31 days since my machine broke. I get the new machine on March 14!

Ahhh.....a working washing machine....it's the little things that make life wonderful....

One positive thing about having a broken washing machine is...you really learn to enjoy doing the laundry when you get a new one!
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,479 Member
    Options
    Yesterday W 3/8/17 - a busy day with Inquiry portion of work project in morning, project write-ups to complete, late afternoon board meeting, happy hour with former colleagues, and Lenten service at church
    1) Walk at least 25 flights of stairs - Yes, no idea how I managed this but 46 flights :smile:
    2) Limit myself to one drink at happy hour; research menu online before going and aim for healthy(ish) option - Yes, had only 1 pint of beer and looked online for menu but big FAIL for the day...meeting place was boutique-type food, no menu online due to constant changing to use locally-sourced food (which I love) but the menu I saw had one item from a local source. I wondered where the mussels and crab cakes were sourced from, definitely not Green Bay WI. Anyway, the menu was very limited, very pricey and not too healthy. So I shared one person's fish taco order and ate leftovers when I finally got home after church at 8:15. But near bedtime, tired and still hungry, I binged on dry roasted peanuts directly from the jar, which is not a good thing. I estimated the portion after, and logged, but I had total calorie fail. And I only drank 7 glasses of water. :s
    Ok, I'm done "venting my spleen" now, as one friend reminds me. ;)
    At least we had more show up this month, and had lots of fun catching up with each other. Thursday will be better.
    3) Floss...keep it going! No
    4) Bedtime by 10:30 with TV off...clearly this is not a given with me - No 10:35

Start over just for today R 3/9/17
    1) Drink 10 glasses of water
    2) Participate in lunchtime spring hike on trails around my work building
    3) Meditate in afternoon...this has been slipping again
    4) Floss
    5) Bedtime by 10:30 with TV off
  • bri150lbs
    Options
    bri150lbs wrote: »

But I did it! But today, no Zumba! But, maybe I will take an easy walk in the afternoon.

I've got a lotta but.... :blush:
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,205 Member
    Options
    wed
    1. try and get out to the grocery store. I have been cooped up in the house for 2 weeks. Hopefully feel good enough for a quick trip to the store :) Went to Sams and to the grocery store. But paying the price later.
    2. sit outside on the patio and soak in some sunshine :/
    3. log all food :)
    4. drink water :)
    5. take it easy and rest. This is by far the worse cold/flu I have ever gotten. Getting so frustrated! :)

Starting to finally feel a little better, b ut then, it could be the cough decongestive I am taking. The thing I hate about that is that I feel drugged, and no energy. But today I am going to force myself to get some stuff done.

JFT, Thursday
    1. log all food
    2. watch what I eat as appetitie is coming back
    3. drink water
    4. try to clean our bedroom. Wash sheets - air out the house
    5. open windows. Suppose to be 70 today, so maybe I can get some of these germs out of the house

• cschmitz110515
    Options
    Joining in on random March 9!

Usually the money is enough to deter me, but sometimes I get real indulgent and just say TO HELL WITH IT. One beer, Becky. One beer is all you get.

Welcome, Becky! I can relate to your goal so many times ;) I love your user name too!
  • KayHBE
    KayHBE Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    JFT Wednesday

- Go to dentist ... It was so much fun/ not
    - No lunch time walk so try very best to get steps in.... OMG I did it, thanks SO for the late night walk
    - Tell SO how appreciative I am of his support.... I loves him
    - Floss... lol... yup
    - Stay under calorie goals and enjoy a nice dinner made by SO... Amazing dinner and way under

JFT
    - Get 12,500 steps in
    - Make a healty lunch
    - Be under cals
    - Get SO out for another walk
    - Floss
    - Buy grandson's FIRST Birthday gift!!
    - Save up calories for the cake and party foods on the weekend

Have a good one all... We got this!
  • kwfitgal
    kwfitgal Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    JFT 9 Mar Thurs:
    1. Log and stay in cal limits--I've had some really unsuccessful days, so for impetus, I am posting on here late in the day, now that I've already been doing very good for the day (hopefully stay on track til bedtime!)
    2. 3 pints water/tea-- :) Done already
    3. Abs challenge
    4. Peacefulness--so far, so good
  • aerochic42
    aerochic42 Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    I'm off tomorrow. I'm lousy at logging my food over the weekends, so for the next three days log at least 2 out of 3 meals a day. and brush my teeth at least once each day. Another thing I'm lousy at on the weekends, I now gross
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options

Wednesday:
    1. Finish pre-tracking exercise for the week :)
    2. Track all food :)
    3. under 100G carbs :)
    4. cardio/weight workout :)
    5. 30-day ab challenge: 35 situps, 15 crunches, 15 leg raises, 25 second plank :)
    6. 10+ cups water :)

Thursday:
    1. Track all food
    2. under 100G carbs
    3. swim a mile
    4. 30-day ab challenge: 40 situps, 20 crunches, 20 leg raises, 30 second plank
    5. 10+ cups water
  • kirbygirl41
    kirbygirl41 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    3/9
    Steps 7000 :/ 6500 close but no.
    Drink 32 ounces of water :)
    Log all food and stay under goal :)
    Read and study. :/
    Exercise video 20 minutes. :)
    Catch up on paperwork :)

3/9
    Steps 7000
    Drink 32 ounces of water
    Log all food and stay under goal
    Read and study
    Check emails for work and send replies
    Grocery shop
    My 22 year old collage graduate has his first job interview tomorrow in his field of study. Praying it goes well.
  • shenna333
    shenna333 Posts: 100 Member
    Options

Just for today: Thursday

Water 8 glasses-nope
    10000 steps-almost 17000 yea!! B)
    Stay at or under cals-nope
    Focus!! Knock some things off to do list- :)
    Stay calm under stress :)

Just for today: Friday

Water 8
    10000 steps
    Try not to get too excited about getting off work, while I am still at work!
    Don't have a blow out calorie day

Time for weigh in Friday! Ugh lol. Hope I am still in the money! One more week, so it will be time to adjust some goals for continued success. I will enjoy, however, guilt free, my face in a pile of corned beef. Can hardly wait ;)

Hope you all have a fantastic day!!!
  • kwfitgal
    kwfitgal Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    kwfitgal wrote: »
    JFT 9 Mar Thurs:
    1. Log and stay in cal limits-- ;) I'm going to give myself points even though I was a wee bit over (under 1200 though)
    2. 3 pints water/tea-- :) Done already
    3. Abs challenge-- :) Yay! I did it! I just started on day 3, @azulvioleta6 --thanks for sending the chart!
    4. Peacefulness-- :) so far, so good

1. Log and stay in cal limits
    2. 3 pints water/tea
    3. Abs challenge
    4. Peacefulness
    5. Order sofa cover
  • cschmitz110515
    Options
    Start over yesterday R 3/9/17
    1) Drink 10 glasses of water - Yes 12 :smile:
    2) Participate in lunchtime spring hike on trails around my work building - Yes and really enjoyed trails, creek, even tiny waterfall I didn't know existed. Fitbit > 11,700 steps :smile:
    3) Meditate in afternoon...this has been slipping again - Yes :smile:
    4) Floss - Yes :smile: but forgot to apply cream
    5) Bedtime by 10:30 with TV off - not even close...after choir, spent almost 3 hours organizing, first, tax papers for preparer, then, financial & misc. papers in various piles on my desk. A lot more work than anticipated, found stuff I had totally forgotten, finally went to bed after 11 and watched some TV with everything off at nearly midnight. At least my desk top is organized again, and with daylight increasing every day, I don't seem to miss the sleep as much.

Just for today TGIF 3/10/17
    1) Decline bday cake at office celebration this afternoon
    2) Meditate in afternoon
    3) Evening, complete at least 3 items on to-do list (nothing major b/c it's Friday!)
    4) Floss & apply cream before bed

Goals for tomorrow: morning - winter market & walk dog, and afternoon - spend time with hubby, choir sings at service (remember to be there 4:40). At evening charity event, do not lose control with eating / drinking...will be hard to do, since it's "Beer & Biscuits" (beer/wine tasting plus food) in support of local no-kill animal shelter. And no, I'm not going to even attempt to log food for this event.