WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2017

Replies

• GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Becca – Our DYS was diagnosed as ADD (only) and put on Ritalin during his 1st year of kindergarten. His 4th grade teacher had 6 kids in her class that were taking medications for ADD or ADD/ADHD and she met with us during parents’ night. She asked if we’d be willing to not give them their morning dose so she could see how they did; and, if we decided at the first marking period (3 weeks in) we could start up again. Three of us agreed, 3 didn’t. Evenly split as to sex. Will would race to be the first to turn in his work; and, she told him that ‘if’ he’d take his time, and concentrate on his writing, so she could read it – she’d reward him with something he wanted to do. It could be doing ‘extra’ work that was above his level … he enjoyed this; or he could color in the back of the room; or he could play with play dough; or several other things he enjoyed doing. The first parents’ meeting (open house) she showed me a bi-plane he had made in class with every detail to it; the rods between the wings, lights on the plane, and she was amazed at the detail; marking down each side of plane and the figures of men sitting in the pilot's seat and passenger seat. She asked if she could keep it as a reminder of how well he could do without being medicated. The next year, he asked if we’d take him off it. We did, with the Pediatrician’s ok.

Never went back on it. There were times I thought he should; but, never pushed it. He was a challenge; but, a 'good kid'. Both were. He went through 5 years at MSU and made Dean’s List the semester that he had to memorize every species of trees, real name, common name, and description. Some were not trees that grow in this area. Yeah, sometimes they are ‘scary smart’. Will has always enjoyed reading and making things.

In his job; he had taught himself how to use every kind of big equipment for roads. He is a ‘worker’ like his Daddy; and, it is ‘his way’ or the ‘wrong way’. LOL!

Like your ‘anchor’ symbol.

Lenora
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Chris, my imagination is running wild as to how a person would wear some of those outfits. Do your boobs go in them???

Yummy salisbury steaks tonight. Last time I made them I forgot to put onions. Much better tonight.

Joyce, Indiana
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,521 Member
    Cccx
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,905 Member
    edited March 2017
    :)<3Margaret, I'm sending hugs to you and best wishes for your husband for continued recovery.

:)Katla, your dog is beautiful.

:) We are home from Seattle after a pleasant day's adventure that featured Jake getting really good news from his cardiologist that his heart is a bit stronger than it was a year ago. It was a long day, but I walked over 20,000 steps and ate sensibly. The pets were ecstatic to see us when we got home.

:)I'll be posting the new thread for March soon so I can go to bed early.

Here is the link:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10522314/women-ages-50-for-march-2017/p1?new=1

<3 Barbie from NW Washington
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Good Evening My Dear Friends,

Karen, Olivia is looking so good. Glad to hear she’s improving. Glad your partner’s surgery went well.

Becca, you deserve to gush. Congrats to your son for sure.
    Joyce, that video is a hoot!!! belly-laugh.gif Thank you for sharing it.

Janerr and Rori, wonderful picture of both of you. You know most of us would love to get to lunch with both of you.

Sharon, that is so giving of your son to want to donate a kidney to his uncle.

Sarah, so sorry to hear about your vertigo. My friend and I were just talking about it today and how it can really control you. Good luck.

pretty-pink-welcome-smiley-emoticon.gifto any Newbies. Come often and join in the chat. This thing works!! Please sign your post with what you want to be called. It makes it easier for us to respond to you. Also a location is great, be it specific or general. We are happy to have you join us.

Sending love, good thoughts and sunshine to all of you. ((((Hugs)))) for each of you, too.

I Love youwriting-a-love-letter-smiley-emoticon.gif
    DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC
  • cbw1958
    cbw1958 Posts: 14 Member
    DJ I love your login! One of my favorite sayings!
  • pipcd34
    stats for the day:

bike ride hm 2 gym- 13.22min, 13.2amph, 143mhr, 2.9mi = 129c
    apple watch- 110c
    Ski Machine- 47min, 10incl, 25-50resist, 134mhr, 1.95mi = 246c
    apple watch- 228c
    bike ride gym 2 dome train station- 7.06min, 121mhr, 11.9amph, 1.4mi = 87c
    apple watch- 53c
    bike ride from puyallup to sumner station- 15min, 145mhr, 11.9amph, 2.9mi = 167c
    apple watch- 111c
    jog station 2 wk- 5.01min, 9.48min mi, 154ahr, 175mhr, .5mi = 82c
    apple watch- 57c
    jog wk 2 sta- 4.02min, 147mhr, .3mi = 55c
    apple watch- 48c
    bike ride dome 2 hm- 20.56min, 7.5amph, 125ahr, 145mhr, 2.6mi = 195c
    apple watch- 150c

total cal 961
  • IremiaRe
    IremiaRe Posts: 801 Member
    barbiecat wrote: »
    :)I'll be posting the new thread for March soon so I can go to bed early.

Here is the link:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10522314/women-ages-50-for-march-2017/p1?new=1

<3 Barbie from NW Washington

• GloworminWA
    GloworminWA Posts: 704 Member
    Allie - don't fall for the too old to get hired baloney.You're in a good profession where experience counts. And I'm guessing that your caring and compassion comes through to the patients. If I can get a job at 70 you can do it too! You just need to go to interviews with your head held high and show that you are confident in what you do. I think it's a good plan to go and see your GP too. <3

Karen - Olivia looks so much better and looks like she's gaining weight. She seems so alert! I'm so glad you were able to go and hold her and comfort your daughter. :)<3:)
  • pipcd34
    Ddd
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    :)<3:)
  • pipcd34
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    pipcd34 wrote: »

Barbie Had already created one last night :)
  • miakoda40
    miakoda40 Posts: 467 Member
    meep
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    miakoda40 wrote: »
    meep

see Barbies link above to move to March thread :) see you there!

janetr OKC
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Happy March everyone.
    Not sure where February went..but was a fast moving month.
    Have been skimming the last couple pages.Love the baby pics & good news from a lot of posters.

CHARLEEN,
    your
    post caused me to tear up.
    How wonderful! The elderly often get the short end of the stick & you made a lovely difference.
    Thank you.

A local TV station did a short story on elder abuse & it breaks your heart.Don't know how abusers live with their selves.So sad that children/ Grandkids lead the parade to steal elders money/ property.Well....hopefully,what goes around comes around.
    Enough of that.

Had a check up last wk & lost 2 pads.I'm surely the slowest loser on here,but just happy it wasn't a 2pd gain.

Someone is off all med's. Perfect NSV....how great is that.Congrats to you!

Weather has been weird.Set new records last wk....80*one day......this wk is stormy,rainy & cold wind.
    Hate that cold wind.

Ordered a new rain jacket with a hood......never liked a hood,but age & crazy weather is a game changer & no umbrella needed will work for me.Hate umbrellas!

How do you good cooks keep fried ground turkey from being so dry?DH likes meat in pasta dishes.Might have to stay with ground beef.

Sorry to be so long winded.Sweet thoughts for lovely Olivia & family.Good thoughts for all who need them.Missing Carol in NC.
    Today's dinner will be a dish my Mother made,with simmered roast beef & a lot of veggies .Mine will use my home made beef broth,but no meat.Not DHs fav,but that's his problem.
    Pat in Oh
  • Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    edited March 2017
    Katla thank you. Can't remember the history behind Shrove Tuesday. We actually have pancakes quite often so it was not really a special day

Lillian in West Central Saskatchewan
  • annieoldie
    annieoldie Posts: 10 Member
    hi everyone. I am 69 and up to a few years ago was moderately fit for my age ( did half marathon). In the last 3 years life just got too busy and I did not take care of myself. Lots of sitting down working, little to no gym and stopped jogging. Weight increased like mad.
    In the last few weeks I have had a wake up call. I had flu plus bad cough then developed pneumonia. I spent most of 2 weeks in bed. I started antibiotics then after 2 days came up in allergic response ( never been allergic to penicillin before). New antibiotics started and I am beginning to feel better. I am getting up and dressed each day, which seems a major achievement in itself.
    Is there anyone out there who is starting a new get fit campaign ( I am starting from a very low level) plus I need to lose about 30 pounds. All help, support and motivation will be greatly appreciated.