March 2017 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• kimlight2
    kimlight2 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    11---4.80 trails run.... I might have a comment after I catch my breath. 72 minutes... I'm incredibly slow...

LOL I think you and I run at about the same pace. If you ever come to Cleveland, Ohio we can be slow together.
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Options
    @Elise4270 and @BEERRUNNER running buddies. Sounds like fun, Glad to hear you plan on a Dual Selfie :)

@HRKinchen All jittery and talkative and wide awake like a child on Christmas Eve may seem ridiculous. No it's not ridiculous - I think anyone who has ran an event can relate. Heck I can still get the Jitters now even after multiple events. Glad to hear that your first event was so much fun and that you are hooked. The volunteers enjoy getting the Hi 5's as it's a way of runners recognizing/acknowledging them. Getting cheered by Family - priceless.
    Have never heard of using songs as a Pacer but obviously - it works for you.

@girlinahat A faceplant, a Zen run and a *kitten* run. Sounds perfectly Normal.
    I like the Runners reward of new Kicks - not sure if that was reward for the Face Plant, Zen or the *kitten*.

@chichidachimp Realizing that you have been running to quickly is 80% of the battle. The 3 ladies I do most of my local Training runs with are all faster than me, they usually drop me at about 10-16 km depending on the terrain. As soon as we tip downhill they accelerate away, flat or uphill's I have no problem keeping up with them. I know that if I go with them on the downhill it will destroy me.

@_nikkiwolf_ Sorry to hear that you now have a "Dog" problem.
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Options
    The day started out at -19C with a slight NE wind. By the time we started our run at 9am, -16C and the wind was not noticeable. So for us it was verging on a heat wave. 2 hrs later at the end of our run -14C.

19 km Jasper HM Training run with the 3 ladies I do most of my local training runs with.
    Uphill out of the valley for 7 km, 4 km across the Hill, 8 km back down the Hill to Tim's for post run Coffee and a Bagel. The plan was for 18 km but you have to go where the roads and trails lead you so ended with a little extra distance.
    On average all 3 of the ladies are faster than me, they usually drop me at about 10-16 km depending on the terrain. I can stay with them climbing the hills and on the flats but as soon as we tip downhill they accelerate away, if I try to go with them it will just destroy me. I am okay dropping off to a slower pace and "Surviving the Battle".

exercise.png

03/01 7.0 km –7.0 km –133.0 km – YTD 187.55
    03/02 5.0 km –12.0 km –128.0 km – YTD 192.55
    03/08 10.5 km –22.0 km –117.5 km – YTD 203.05
    03/08 19.0 km –41.0 km –98.5 km – YTD 222.05
  • HRKinchen
    HRKinchen Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    juliet3455 wrote: »
    @HRKinchen All jittery and talkative and wide awake like a child on Christmas Eve may seem ridiculous. No it's not ridiculous - I think anyone who has ran an event can relate. Heck I can still get the Jitters now even after multiple events. Glad to hear that your first event was so much fun and that you are hooked. The volunteers enjoy getting the Hi 5's as it's a way of runners recognizing/acknowledging them. Getting cheered by Family - priceless.
    Have never heard of using songs as a Pacer but obviously - it works for you.

Yeah, I was just joking about how silly I felt. I figured the feeling was pretty common. And the songs are just a way of giving me something I can lose myself in, yet still have some idea of how much farther I need to go. Probably doesn't help pacing, though; the tempos are all within a decent range but certainly not consistent.
  • MissMaggieMuffin
    MissMaggieMuffin Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    @dpwellman - yikes, you have more snow there than we do right now in Northern Ontario, Canada!!