March 2017 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    I kinda wonder if I run during the time change, will it add an hour to Garmin and /or Strava? Probably not, but I'm tempted to try it out.

Ha. That made me laugh. I don't often run at 2pm in the morning :D
  • HRKinchen
    HRKinchen Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Here's something I can help with: I use a free music editor called Audacity to edit the tempo of the music on my running playlist. It doesn't know how many BPM a given song has, though, and requires that as input. So First I use MixMeister BPM Analyzer on them. Now my entire playlist is much closer to a consistent 170 BPM (Yeah, I have been meaning to adjust closer to 180, but I got stuck at 170 a while ago and justified that since I'm only pulling 9:45/mile TOPS, it was probably good enough. My stride is still plenty short at that cadence.)

It doesn't work as well on songs with tempo changes halfway through, though. I deem those as unfit for my running playlist and try something else.

Thanks for the suggestion! I'll check that out.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    Options
    patrikc333 wrote: »
    Sunny day, perfect for a 20 miles run. Running in Italy is definitely different from running in UK,I'm not used to this temperature and dry weather, so i need to start to use.some gels.
    Mentally again i was lost in my thoughts and had no problems, but the leg.bothered me a lot. Got.pt on Wednesday but I'm a bit down because i think i got worst.

Saucony guide 10 are perfect, better than women. I'm in love with them.

Want to like half your post but not the other half. Well done on your 20 mile run and I hope you get your leg problem fixed
  • patrikc333
    patrikc333 Posts: 436 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    iofred wrote: »
    @patrikc333 "Saucony guide 10 are perfect, better than women. I'm in love with them" - I got the Guide 8 & 9, but although they are great, I definitely would not compare them with women ... why can you not have both, or even women also wearing Saucony Guide 10

I'm working on your option 1 and havent thought of option 2 because I'm too busy on working on option 1 and my brain is distracted :)
  • patrikc333
    patrikc333 Posts: 436 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Sunny day, perfect for a 20 miles run. Running in Italy is definitely different from running in UK,I'm not used to this temperature and dry weather, so i need to start to use.some gels.
    Mentally again i was lost in my thoughts and had no problems, but the leg.bothered me a lot. Got.pt on Wednesday but I'm a bit down because i think i got worst.

Want to like half your post but not the other half. Well done on your 20 mile run and I hope you get your leg problem fixed

Ehhh I'm having the classic mildlife crisis :)

But the shoes are even silky !Run 8 miles then straight 20 today and had no probs at all!
  • dpwellman
    dpwellman Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    @BellahBarriga Great! Welcome and you'll definitely make it.

• RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    Options

Ehhh I'm having the classic mildlife crisis :)

But the shoes are even silky !Run 8 miles then straight 20 today and had no probs at all!

I need to try those shoes!