March 2017 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• Joanna2012B
    Joanna2012B Posts: 1,448 Member
    Options
    ECBROWN4 wrote: »
    I'm in and so excited!! I am training for a half marathon right now and by the end of March I should have run 39 miles so I will round up and make my goal an even 40 miles

Awesome!!! Is this your first HM? I'm training for my first HM!! When is yours?
  • dpwellman
    dpwellman Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    Would like to run now, but waiting just in case mechanic calls about my car. I don't want to miss tonight's group (2nd toughest run on the schedule. Shorter route, but hilly: either going down a 7%+ grade or up one. The steepest bit is somewhere around 28% (but only for like 50 meters or so).
  • greenolivetree
    greenolivetree Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    @BeeerRunner I've noticed the Active Wear video has gotten revived. I watched that so many times back about a year ago? Still hilarious. In summer I'm more likely to wear loose athletic shorts and tees to run errands but never wear my running tights in public (running down the street doesn't count as "in public" LOL) I have been known to nap in my active wear :-p

It's a rest day and I'm truly taking it easy to see if my knee improves vs trying to get 10,000 steps. I switched my strength training with weights last night for more pilates style leg work and a band for upper body - so as to avoid squats or lunges. Just in case. Not that I've actually had pain with squatting. Just trying to take it easy on the knee.

@dkabambe That was a funny cartoon about the Vibrams :-p
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    JessicaMcB wrote: »
    So I have a great husband. He dgaf about running but he can basically fix anything, so he somehow got my treadmill working again last night. I killed it in 13.7km -_- .

I'm thinking the motor is on its last legs because it was during sprints that it just totally gave up on life again. Is the universe conspiring against my speedwork?! ;)

March 1- 15km
    March 2- 18km
    March 3- 15km
    March 4- 22km
    March 5- 13km
    March 6- Rest
    March 7- 16km
    March 8- 13.7km

112.7/250km

Maybe getting a new TM is in order? Or trying to get outside when you can?
  • JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    So I have a great husband. He dgaf about running but he can basically fix anything, so he somehow got my treadmill working again last night. I killed it in 13.7km -_- .

I'm thinking the motor is on its last legs because it was during sprints that it just totally gave up on life again. Is the universe conspiring against my speedwork?! ;)

March 1- 15km
    March 2- 18km
    March 3- 15km
    March 4- 22km
    March 5- 13km
    March 6- Rest
    March 7- 16km
    March 8- 13.7km

112.7/250km

I try to do more trail when he's home to watch the kids, the treadmill is more my training insurance policy for when he is gone. But you are bang on @MNLittleFinn , we actually talked last night about buying a new one. We just need to suss out what will stand my abuse the longest haha
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options

March 1- 15km
    March 2- 18km
    March 3- 15km
    March 4- 22km
    March 5- 13km
    March 6- Rest
    March 7- 16km
    March 8- 13.7km

112.7/250km

I try to do more trail when he's home to watch the kids, the treadmill is more my training insurance policy for when he is gone. But you are bang on @MNLittleFinn , we actually talked last night about buying a new one. We just need to suss out what will stand my abuse the longest haha

I know that difficulty. It's the only reason I'm up 0410 or so most mornings, to get my runs in before the rest of the house wakes up. Here's hoping you can find a great TM! I think Runners World had an issue with reviews a few months back, so that might be a place to start looking.
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    @stoshew71 I hate it when my Garmin won't sync. I've had to remove it from my Garmin Connect devices and add it back a few times in order to connect.

After wasting too much time unpairing and attempting to pair my Garmin with my phone countless times (stuck on the Failed to receive the identity file), finally I googled how to power off my FR 220. After rebooting the actual watch, everything worked fine.
  • Stoshew71
    Options
    Date Miles today - Miles for March
    3/1 5 miles - 5
    3/2 10 miles - 15
    3/3 3.1 miles - 18.1
    3/4 20 miles - 38.1
    3/5 REST DAY
    3/6 7 miles - 45.1
    3/7 7 miles - 52.1
    3/8 REST DAY

exercise.png

Upcoming races:
    UAH 8K - 3/6 <<< 34:33 3 in AG
    Oak Barrel HM - 4/2 <<<< 1:38:00 3 in AG
    Bridge Street HM - 4/10 <<< 1:36:33 3 in AG
    PEO-AVN Team Day 5K - 5/4 <<< 19:10 (2.9 mi) 1 in AG 5 OA
    Cotton Row Run 10K - 5/30 << 44:57 PR
    Firecracker Chase 10.2 miler 6/25 << 1:20:22 1 in AG & 15 OA
    Huntsville Half Marathon - 11/12 << 1:35:55 2 in AG & 25 OA
    Rocket City Marathon - 12/10 << 2:44:41
    Elkmont Hound Dog Half (unofficial) - 1/21 << 1:46:48 2 OA
    Elkmont Hound Dog Half (rescheduled) - 2/18 << 1:41:04 1 in AG & 24 OA
    Kentucky Derby Marathon - 4/29

Rest day. It's a cutback week.
  • Stoshew71
    Options
    shanaber wrote: »
    All - our friend @Elise4270's son Alex has joined the army and gone away to boot camp. He is missing his friends, missing his family and is just generally lonely. Elise mentioned on her wall a while back that he was feeling down and jokingly said she would provide the address if anyone wanted to write. I would love to have our running group here send Alex some, a lot, a boatload, of cards and notes. He has buddies there with him who also don't get much mail and he would certainly share with them too.

If you are interested please send Alex a note or a card from his mom's crazy running friends!!
    His address is:
    Private Swenson, Alexander
    CTroop, 5th Squadron
    15th Cavalry Regiment
    2nd Platoon
    Fort Benning, GA 31905

If his middle initial is M, I can see him on the Army Global email directory.

• T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    I got a short run in today:

exercise.png
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    Date :::: Miles :::: March MTD (goal = 95)
    03/01/17 :::: 2.3 :::: 2.3
    03/02/17 :::: 6.7 :::: 9.0
    03/03/17 :::: 5.1 :::: 14.1
    03/04/17 :::: 3.1 :::: 17.2
    03/05/17 :::: 2.6 :::: 19.9
    03/06/17 :::: 4.4 :::: 24.2
    03/07/17 :::: 0.0 :::: 24.2
    03/08/17 :::: 2.7 :::: 26.9

Yesterday was rest day. Today I took Stella with me after work for a run. It went okay, but she seems to have lost interest in it these days so I may have to give up on running with her. It's hard to drag even a small dog along behind you ;)

The weather is turning miserable and cold again overnight. I'm depressed about it because the weekend and all next week - when I'm on break - is supposed to be cold. I'm not up for it any more.