NikkiiBaby68 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Tara Tall...lmfao Rotfl...snorting.
  • NikkiiBaby68
    NikkiiBaby68 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    TaraTall wrote: »
    snatch. *giggle*
    I don't think we're allowed to post that here.

ROTFL sorry getting used how to do things here. lol
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options

What am I missing?

ETA: Ah, messed up quote from page 1. Gotcha. See ya in 64 pages, @NikkiiBaby68 .
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,543 Member
    Options

What am I missing?

ETA: Ah, messed up quote from page 1. Gotcha. See ya in 64 pages, @NikkiiBaby68 .

Gots a lot of catching up to do! Lol
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    ...And peaking has come to a screeching halt...

A fire in the building that houses my gym has the place shut down until further notice. I have a few emails out to local gyms inquiring about week passes or something, but no guarantees. Was supposed to bench today, but nope. This meet is either gonna be interesting, or just flat out suck.
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,543 Member
    Options
    TR0berts wrote: »

A fire in the building that houses my gym has the place shut down until further notice. I have a few emails out to local gyms inquiring about week passes or something, but no guarantees. Was supposed to bench today, but nope. This meet is either gonna be interesting, or just flat out suck.

I cannot bring myself to give this post a like or awesome. Sorry to hear that man. Hopefully there were no injuries in the fire. Good luck finding somewhere to train.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options

I cannot bring myself to give this post a like or awesome. Sorry to hear that man. Hopefully there were no injuries in the fire. Good luck finding somewhere to train.

Yeah, I spoke with the gym owner. Sounds like it might not have been an actual fire - just some smoke or something. Apparently the fire marshall, building inspector, and an electrician are going to inspect things tomorrow around noon. I don't know if anyone was hurt or anything - the info wasn't offered and I wasn't sure if I should ask. I just mentioned that I hoped everyone was OK otherwise. So, who knows - maybe I'll just have a single day setback. If nothing else, one of the guys I train with says he can probably get me into another gym for a couple of sessions.
  • JB035
    JB035 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I have my USAPL State Referee test this Sunday! I'm actually nervous, because I get performance anxiety, which I know sounds odd from a guy who wears tight spandex that gives a good view ones package making the faces I make up on the platform odd, but there it is.

That's really cool! I'd be nervous, too.
    It's open book, but I am still nervous.

What am I missing?

When I started this thread no idea it go 64 pages, which demonstrates just how under served actual lifters are on MFP.

One vote for a Lifters/Strength section!
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

that super sucks. I'm surprised another gym isn't helping at all- and or offering a week pass. Almost every gym I've asked to come to for the day offers me the free pass and THEN the priced "day" fee.

It's weird- where I live there are a boat load of gyms- and there are a number of people at my gym who have 2 gym memberships and or train all over the state. every 3-4 months a group will go up to Bevs in Long Island- or Warhouse gym in PA- and then every other week they are at someone else's gym. Never, before I moved here, had I ever seen anything like that.

I can't afford to be running off visiting 12-15$/day gyms- like- I like my gym- I don't want to pay to train somewhere else.

Hopefully they can get it opened back up for you soon- if you're this close I'd go pay somewhere to train- but I'm a snob- I hate NOT training. I get really grumpy if I miss a day.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I have three gym memberships. Not sure what that says about me. :#

One is the local rec center that we have a charter membership to, less than $400 per year for the whole family. Basically keep this one so I can take the kid swimming. Then an Anytime Fitness so I can work out while the kid boxes, and a gym membership where my powerlifting trainer works.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I have three gym memberships. Not sure what that says about me. :#

One is the local rec center that we have a charter membership to, less than $400 per year for the whole family. Basically keep this one so I can take the kid swimming. Then an Anytime Fitness so I can work out while the kid boxes, and a gym membership where my powerlifting trainer works.

That you're awesome?
    If I could justify the payment I would- having a 24 hr gym would make my life so much easier. no judgments on the multiple gym memberships- I find the travelling all over the state a little more odd than multiple memberships. I get that not every gym does what you need it to do.
  • not_a_runner
    not_a_runner Posts: 1,343 Member
    Options
    My gym options are:
    1. private college Wellness Center ($50/month with limited hours - close early friday and saturday, open late sunday) with two squat racks and two standard sized barbells (zero knurling, but the other bars are way too thick. I've become a bar snob, I will go out of my way to steal or wait for the "good" bars).
    2. a barn where I don't have a spotter or access to a bathroom, and limited equipment.
    I've been opting for the working plumbing and spotters most of the time lol. I don't mind having some decent equipment options for accessory lifts or cardio if I wish to use it, either.
    TBH having to ask people for spots and such has actually been really good for me, even thought when I joined my anxiety was through the roof for several months. I'm very much an introvert.
    Some of the guys there have told me about a powerlifting gym nearby, but it's almost an hour drive for me since I live the opposite direction. I'm already getting home at 9pm on weeknights, I can't add two hours of driving in there.
    Other than that there aren't a whole lot of options. I think there is a crossfit gym in town (no thanks) and there's another wellness center in a different town, but I think it's safe to say my current one is the best option. Which is pretty sad lol. Got to love rural Iowa. ;)
  • McCloud33
    McCloud33 Posts: 959 Member
    Options
    I guess I'm blessed and cheap. My employer subsidizes our gym memberships to 3-4 different ones in the area so my out of pocket cost for Gold's is less than $10/mo. There's a strongman gym in town too, but it's not included in my employer's subsidy so it's $60/mo.

Ultimately I'd love to have my own home gym to train in, but at $10/mo, that's a long payback period to drop a couple thousand dollars :disappointed: Want to do it more for my boys though (ages 14, 11, 9) who could start lifting soon. I want to teach them to lift instead of starting in their 30s like their dad.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    375 squat
    Con pull 315

• Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Sigh. Not the bench only meet I wanted. The looooooooooong wait for the start command killed my shoulder. But, I was able to keep my opener where I had originally planned for it and I saved my shoulder to bench again on Wednesday and then start meet prep for worlds.

Smooth Dana.

Is that a normal foot set up for you?