True Confessions - Don't Judge

Replies

• kq1981
    kq1981 Posts: 1,098 Member
    edited March 2017
    salembambi wrote: »
    I confess that even tho I'm a grown adult it makes me cry and feel jealous that my dad seems to have more time for his new gfs little kids than he does me

Once again more time for someone else's kids

It literally makes me feel like I'm nothing at all it makes me hate those kids

For taking my daddy away from me

My inner child is screaming

Dads can be so clueless sometimes. My girls dad is the same and hasn't even seen them in 6 months and they feel like u. Tell him how u feel if u can. My daughter did and it was a bit of a shock for him to hear. He probably has no idea. Chin up, I hope u feel better x
  • FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    I confess that even though I've lost ~65 pounds I feel like my reflection in the mirror isn't changing at all, and not *seeing* the changes that I can feel is making me a little grumpy with this whole weight loss thing.
  • LittleHearseDriver
    LittleHearseDriver Posts: 2,677 Member
    FeraFilia wrote: »
    I confess that even though I've lost ~65 pounds I feel like my reflection in the mirror isn't changing at all, and not *seeing* the changes that I can feel is making me a little grumpy with this whole weight loss thing.

I understand. When I look in the mirror, I see the difference in my face, but when I look at my stomach and legs I see the old me.
  • DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    kq1981 wrote: »
    I confess that even tho I'm a grown adult it makes me cry and feel jealous that my dad seems to have more time for his new gfs little kids than he does me

Dads can be so clueless sometimes. My girls dad is the same and hasn't even seen them in 6 months and they feel like u. Tell him how u feel if u can. My daughter did and it was a bit of a shock for him to hear. He probably has no idea. Chin up, I hope u feel better x

This reminds me of, when my Half Sister was born; my Mother & her Father had already ceased their, relationship approximately halfway through; her pregnancy & while her Father did take my Mother to all of her doctor's appointments that, was the only time he was around even; although he had a Son with her also. One Saturday he comes by, to pay his; child support & asks to hold his Daughter well she began screaming, crying, squirming & he couldn't understand why, he was saying "It's Daddy"; to her & I nonchalantly told, him that; she didn't know him because obviously he wasn't there enough, while she was in the womb to; recognize his voice! He was, stunned & ashamed because I was a 13 year old child that, informed him of the consequences of; his irresponsibility!
  • Rhody_Hoosier
    Rhody_Hoosier Posts: 688 Member

I feel the same way.
  • DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member

Have you taken, any progress pictures to; compare & congratulations?
  • FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member

Have you taken, any progress pictures to; compare & congratulations?

I have, and logically I know the changes are there when I see them side by side.. I just can't see it in the moment I'm looking in the mirror.
  • Rhody_Hoosier
    edited March 2017
    I confess...I'm over compensating by using the MFP forums to keep my mind off the woman who broke my heart. It's been a relief but... I'm sensing it starting to fall back apart. Is there a thread for this?
  • Rhody_Hoosier
    edited March 2017

I know how that feels. My dad got really sick, married his nurse and moved on with a new family. I wasn't even invited to the wedding. *hugs*

My sisters and I were once turned away at Thanksgiving dinner while dad sat down with his new family..."we weren't planning for you to EAT with us."

Whut?
  • Cerealsensei
    Cerealsensei Posts: 1,625 Member
    I confess that I hate the snow but I've been waiting all winter for a snow day so i need mother nature to bring the pain tomorrow
  • Rhody_Hoosier
    fidycixer wrote: »

I know how that feels. My dad got really sick, married his nurse and moved on with a new family. I wasn't even invited to the wedding. *hugs*

My sisters and I were once turned away at Thanksgiving dinner while dad sat down with his new family..."we weren't planning for you to EAT with us."

Whut?

Whaaaaaat?! Like you were supposed to be there but not to eat...ON THANKSGIVING???

Exactly. I will NEVER forget that.
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    I confess...I'm over compensating by using the MFP forums to keep my mind off the woman who broke my heart. It's been a relief but... I'm sensing it starting to fall back apart. Is there a thread for this?

Maybe a therapist would be better to speak with
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    I confess there is a "bride to be" on another thread talking about what she needs to do for her wedding and I just want to comment..."Don't get married. It will be the worst mistake of your life." I know that's not fair OR nice (hence why I refrain), but that's just where my head and heart are at right now. blah.

You're not alone in those feelings. I wear black to weddings because really it is more like a funeral! :D

Hope things look up for you soon!
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    I confess there is a "bride to be" on another thread talking about what she needs to do for her wedding and I just want to comment..."Don't get married. It will be the worst mistake of your life." I know that's not fair OR nice (hence why I refrain), but that's just where my head and heart are at right now. blah.

This makes me sad. Sometimes, it's actually the best thing to happen in your life. <3 But I suppose it's not for everyone...
  • Rhody_Hoosier
    synchkat wrote: »

Maybe a therapist would be better to speak with

Is that a suggestion or a hint to move along? I have trouble reading between the lines sometimes.