Has anyone become attractive after losing weight? If so then tell me..

Options

Replies

• abrubru
    abrubru Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I think Op meant well.

I kind of feel bad for him right now, but that's because I'm codependent.

I think he's coming from a different cultural mindset. I'm going to take a stab at it and guess he's from India. (Sorry if I'm wrong.) If he had grown up in a western country then he might have picked different words to conform better.

And... I'm going to be honest. Part of the reason I'm losing weight is so I can be more attractive! I think I'm fairly attractive currently... (with makeup, haha). And I have grander, more honorable goals of being healthy and fit, but I'd also like to enjoy a picture of myself in a group of friends.

@ sierra...you are gorgeous.
    I caught the cultural differences as well...
  • abrubru
    abrubru Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    My experience has been that when I am fitter--not thinner--but strong and fit--I get hit on more often. But I also find that if I smile more I get hit on, so as everyone says it is all subjective. I rather think it is a confidence thing, not a body size thing...
    I'm sorry that some people found this thread offensive. I teach a large population of English as second language students, and I have found that sometimes ideas are lost in translation, and cultural differences occasionally come across as social mores when they really aren't meant that way...
  • SierraFatToSkinny
    SierraFatToSkinny Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    abrubru wrote: »
    I think Op meant well.

I think he's coming from a different cultural mindset. I'm going to take a stab at it and guess he's from India. (Sorry if I'm wrong.) If he had grown up in a western country then he might have picked different words to conform better.

And... I'm going to be honest. Part of the reason I'm losing weight is so I can be more attractive! I think I'm fairly attractive currently... (with makeup, haha). And I have grander, more honorable goals of being healthy and fit, but I'd also like to enjoy a picture of myself in a group of friends.

@ sierra...you are gorgeous.
    I caught the cultural differences as well...

LOVE you.

I bet that translates well into whatever culture.
  • PeachesNcreamgal
    PeachesNcreamgal Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I think Op meant well.

Hey i was gonna say the same thing. Its total cultural disparity that made OP ask such a question. He's not being mean spirited, just a little um, not diplomatic. Because as a south asian/Indian I can tell you people get judgey if you don't look a certain way. All this western civilized talk of its what is inside that matmaks or whatever is making my head spin lol. Kinda disbelieving coz it IS a different culture
  • PeachesNcreamgal
    PeachesNcreamgal Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Matters makes* sheesh typos :D
  • cheshirecatxxmad
    cheshirecatxxmad Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Well, according to a former coworker a few years back, she became interested after losing the weight

As nice as this sounds your coworker kinda sounds like a terrible person if she only became interested because of that
  • iofred
    iofred Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    I was born ugly ... nothing changed :(
  • lolakinks
    lolakinks Posts: 367 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Self-confidence is really important part of being attractive. When we are overweight, because of the society's beauty standards we can't be self-confident and also because of lack of plus size clothes it's hard to be attractive. When I was in "normal range of weight" I wasn't confident about my appearance, because of I wasn't thin enough for society so I hadn't had enough dates and partners. Whatever I have gained lots of weight even become obese but I have became more body positive and self-confident. So I have had many dates and partners.
  • minnie84
    minnie84 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Problem i have i never see a difference in my self otgers tell me im losing i simply dont see it xx
  • rachellosesitall85
    rachellosesitall85 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    It depends on your genes. If you were cute/pretty/handsome as a larger person, you're going to be pretty/cute/handsome, after. If you weren't necessarily born with an attractive face, you're not going to have one when you lose the weight, either. Your body will be attractive/normal but your face is your face.
  • andrewq6100
    andrewq6100 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I think I know what you mean by this post
    well esentially i've always been called "handsome" "cute" but I personally never felt attractive until I started loosing weight. I can definitely say though ever since i've lost weight I get approached way more than before when I was heavier.
  • Tum22
    Tum22 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Yes I have experienced this and often people who have been heavier and lost weight give off more positive vibes and have more confidence which makes them more attractive as a person than someone who has always been stick thin.
  • sunnykb
    sunnykb Posts: 27 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I feel more confident after weight loss. I think that is what you may have wanted to know.
  • nurseangelamomof5boys
    Options
    Sorry, but if you're ugly, you're ugly. Thin or fat. No diet will fix that.aaftbljz1dmg.jpg

What the saying means is
    You can change being fat
    You can't change being ugly "ugly as ugly on the inside"
    There is no such thing as ugly . Beauty​ is subjective. Everyone is beautiful in there own way.
    You should be trying to make people feel good about themselves not hate who they are tsk tsk tsk!
    I'm sorry I opened this thread

• peanutbuttertuesday
    peanutbuttertuesday Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Will most people see you as more attractive? Yes. Does that even matter? Nope. As someone who has been on both sides of the skinny-fat spectrum, I can tell you this: people will treat you better. And it's going to suck. Why? Because you are still you, underneath whatever weight you plan to lose you will always be you. You will have adapted to life as a heavier person and expect everything to a the same except your looks, but you will find that everything has changed because of your looks-- everything but you. People will be more kind. They will smile more. They will include you more and value you more, and they will expect you to reciprocate. But if you only built yourself from the outside, you won't be ready for that. You will be highly aware the how differently others see you, and it's going to be uncomfortable. We live in an ugly world. Find the attractive in you right now, and build on that.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!