Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

Spot Reducing...This Should Be Interesting...

Options
NikkiiBaby68
NikkiiBaby68 Posts: 55 Member
They say you cant do this...I say you can. I did it. I am just wondering what everyone else says about this...Now that I am back to exercising after stupid MOFO Lyme Im gonna wrap areas of my body that give me difficulty and start doing it again.

My arms are terrible. Before lyme I lost so close to my goal but arms were still big. Seemed no matter what I did weights even kettlebell didnt do any good. Then I read an article about arm fat and why its so hard to get rid of it. I understood then why they made that shake weight but then decided to then just use my kettle bell for it...I still wasnt getting the results i wanted...So I added wrapping to the mix but it was such a mess...So I got those things the basket ball players wear. Oiled up my arm with coconut oil to help condition the skin and pulled the arm sleeve on. I shook my kettle bell like no tomorrow and did arm rolls kind of in speed bag fashion. Just as before...the difference was night and day. I lost twice as much fat sometimes more on a good day Than before it was wrapped.

Did same thing with my abdomen...went to a thrift store got a small pair of stretch pants cut off the legs and oiled up my abdomen...shimmied into it. lol

I am a belly dancer. When I danced not doing this I didnt lose as many inches. When I pay special attention to my belly and shimmy like hell shaking anything and anything that is wrapped I do seem to lose more inches.

I dont go through a whole thing though like others...lol I make things easy. I like easy.

Whats your view point on this.

Replies

• VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,931 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    They say you cant do this...I say you can. I did it. I am just wondering what everyone else says about this...Now that I am back to exercising after stupid MOFO Lyme Im gonna wrap areas of my body that give me difficulty and start doing it again.

My arms are terrible. Before lyme I lost so close to my goal but arms were still big. Seemed no matter what I did weights even kettlebell didnt do any good. Then I read an article about arm fat and why its so hard to get rid of it. I understood then why they made that shake weight but then decided to then just use my kettle bell for it...I still wasnt getting the results i wanted...So I added wrapping to the mix but it was such a mess...So I got those things the basket ball players wear. Oiled up my arm with coconut oil to help condition the skin and pulled the arm sleeve on. I shook my kettle bell like no tomorrow and did arm rolls kind of in speed bag fashion. Just as before...the difference was night and day. I lost twice as much fat sometimes more on a good day Than before it was wrapped.

Did same thing with my abdomen...went to a thrift store got a small pair of stretch pants cut off the legs and oiled up my abdomen...shimmied into it. lol

I am a belly dancer. When I danced not doing this I didnt lose as many inches. When I pay special attention to my belly and shimmy like hell shaking anything and anything that is wrapped I do seem to lose more inches.

I dont go through a whole thing though like others...lol I make things easy. I like easy.

Whats your view point on this.

Bolded part - this means this was the next place your body was ready to lose weight. You simply had finally lost enough weight. Arms and belly are often the last to go for women.
  • NikkiiBaby68
    NikkiiBaby68 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    The little test I did was a per week basis...on weeks i focused on these areas like this I lost about twice as much as the weeks I didnt and this was consistent. I did this over a span of about three months. Was just curious what everyone else thought and knew the kind of answers I was going to get.
  • sisterlilbunny
    sisterlilbunny Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    You can also reduce the look of cellulite by slathering on prep H and wrapping your legs in saran wrap. Just like the above though, it will come back. Temporary fixes are great for temporary things like formals but it ain't a shortcut for hard work.
  • SpotLighttt
    SpotLighttt Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    The little test I did was a per week basis...on weeks i focused on these areas like this I lost about twice as much as the weeks I didnt and this was consistent. I did this over a span of about three months. Was just curious what everyone else thought and knew the kind of answers I was going to get.

you do you. If it works then great.

Best of luck. Dont let others bring you down.
  • SpotLighttt
    Options

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    There was some study that had people do (I think it was) leg presses at extremely high reps with low weight and they lost something like .007" from their legs. (@ninerbluff has mentioned it in the past.) That's it for spot reduction of fat, outside of liposuction and cryo-whatever.
  • SpotLighttt
    Options

Well, they posted this in the debate section, where people are going to refute misinformation even more fervently than in the main forums.

Support doesn't mean agreeing. If you had a friend who wanted to start doing something unnecessarily dangerous I would sincerely hope you'd tell them not be such a douche.

oh yes yes of course.
  • SpotLighttt
    Options

Well, they posted this in the debate section, where people are going to refute misinformation even more fervently than in the main forums.

Support doesn't mean agreeing. If you had a friend who wanted to start doing something unnecessarily dangerous I would sincerely hope you'd tell them not be such a douche.

oh yes yes of course.
  • 3bambi3
    3bambi3 Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options

Everyone else seems to agree with current science. Do you have any studies that back up your claim that spot reduction of fat is possible the way you describe?