Motivation, Success and Frustration Sharing!

Replies

• isotoner
    isotoner Posts: 6 Member
    This week has been a decent start. I exercised Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday. I'm taking a break today. My body needs it both physically & mentally. Yesterday was a mentally challenging day at work. My kids wanted all of us to play on the Wii last night. I'm glad they talked me into it. We had a lot of fun. I'm looking forward to exercising again tomorrow morning. Have a great day ladies!
  • Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    Welcome @DoRight110 and @karridomigan !

@isotoner Playing on the Wii with your kids sounds like a blast! Great job fitting in activity Monday-Wednesday@

@melaniedscott I absolutely love your idea of a newsletter. What a fun idea to stay connected and show each other how much you love one another! And what a great memento to look back on now :)

@CallaLilyNess Spending that much time away from your SO and adjusting to a move is rough! My SO and I also rarely see each other during the week, but since I have a strong social network here it doesn't compare to your situation in a new environment. Is there a social or group exercise class you can take in the area to start making local connections?

@gemwolf110 Icy rain is the worst! I hope you were able to stay safe on the roads

@bluepoppies777 OMG your cake meme is 100% me! Feel bad about myself? Cookies will make it better! Why do my emotions have to taste so good?

@ngolden3320 That sounds like the perfect way to fit in activity. Every little bit counts! And screw this snow, I am so ready for this weekend. We're supposed to get to 50 degrees (thank goodness)

@ShyCush6 That is awesome that your husband is stepping up his cooking game! Baked spaghetti sounds delicious. I hope you had a fun time with Lexi, were you able to hit the gym before Survivor?

I felt majorly accomplished last night at my pole dancing class! I was able to do a genie hold on the spin pole and a knee hold! I now have massive bruises behind my knees but it was totally worth it!

This morning I accomplished my goal and woke up early to do a 21 Day Fix workout. Those 30 minutes are no joke! I'm really glad I invested in the yearly BeachBody subscription. Shakeology is gross, but their workouts are great! I also finally ordered adjustable dumbbells so I can start doing more strength (I've been slacking on upper body stuff).

Tonight I get to go to a conference dinner at the vice-president's table so while I have to miss derby, it will be worth it for the experience. I hope you are all having a wonderful Thursday!
  • Rachel0778
    wryubv7igs1g.jpg

This is a genie hold (thus the bruises!)
  • PhedraJD
    PhedraJD Posts: 1,392 Member
    @rachel0778 I like your recommitting. I need to do that too. OMG that is amazing. You are so inspiring. I could never do those lifts. GL with dinner.

@ngolden3320 Taxes! Always fun. I used to be a preparer. Now I am stuck doing the BF’s, I really need to get working on those. Ugh

@gemwolf110 Sounds like fun to me. I can’t swim or ride a bike worth a darn. I would like to start bike riding again. I used to love it. Good luck getting everything done.

@shycush6 hopefully yesterday was a better day. Did Lexi hear back?

@karidomigan Great job, and good goals. You can do it.

@bluepoppies777 You can do it. I am having the same issue. I ate so much crap yesterday. Love the memes.

@callalilyness Good for you for not be hard on yourself and understanding. Sometimes we need to just be okay for a few days, until we get back in the groove. I email with my BF during the day too. Otherwise, I wouldn’t hear from him until almost bedtime. I loved your meme

@isotoner good job, enjoy your rest day.

I am failing miserably on the calorie thing. I am eating all things sugar. Yesterday I ate a bag of yogurt covered pretzels, rocky road ice cream, and then went and bought donuts. I ate one of those too. I ran for the first time yesterday at lunch since surgery, managed 20 minutes. :) Went walking while waiting for the kids, fell and skinned/bruised both knees. They still hurt like a *kitten*. Debating about roller skating tonight. I should just do it.
    Stupid stress/migraine/tired binge eating. Today will be better. Although I started out with a cookie.
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,314 Member
    @jdelaroy....some of the best days start with a cookie. And some I would count as a dead loss w/o the cookie! That's why there are several boxes of girl scout cookies at my desk at work (not doing this without a cookie!).

On the job update front...I didn't get the job...but my preferred candidate did (after me). So I don't feel the need to look for a different job! Two of the other candidates would have had me looking immediately.
  • kasey39
    kasey39 Posts: 39 Member
    edited March 2017
    I'm just curious - does anyone else find it challenging to measure yourself? On my end, getting accurate, consistent measurements while working around all the lumps and curves is frustrating at times! Hard to keep the tape measure straight :)
  • janetay01
    janetay01 Posts: 1,298 Member
    @kasey39 - yes definitely! I either can't keep the measure straight and taut enough or I lose track exactly where I measured myself last time so I'm never confiddent that the results are consistent!

@melaniedscott - sorry you didn't get the job, but at least you are ok with the outcome. I've been in that situation where I know that a certain outcome will put me straight on the job boards and it's not nice.

Jen - what a mixed sounding time you are having. Congrats on signing up for the races - that is nuts in such a good way! And go you for getting out running again - that's brilliant. Sorry about the knees - hope you were able to go roller skating last night, things are often better in reality than we fear.

Rachel - hope the dinner was worth missing derby for! I have such admiration for all teh different exercises and workouts you take on - not sure I could achieve a 'genie hold'!

@isotoner - playing on the Wii with your kids is good. I look forward to the day when my little one is able to take me on at Mario Kart or some such silliness!

@CallaLilyNess - cat lover here! Two british shorthairs - one tabby, one spotty! Totally part of the family - couldn't be without them!

Busy week here - too much to do and far too little time! And we've got my father in law coming to stay over the weekend so lots to sort around the house before he arrives. Swimming with Alistair tomorrow then we will take him (and FIL) shopping on Sunday morning - I think A has had a growth spurt and all hsi trousers are suddenly riding up around his knees! We spent some time in the garden last weekend planting some flowers and sunflower seeds for Alistair so we've spent the week talking about what he needs to do to look after them. It's taken a few days but this morning he asked to go out and see if they needed water :).

On the calorie and weight front - well, falling off the wagon doesn't begin to explain it. I've lost all discipline and I just don't know why. Evenings are my fail when I'm tired and hungry and I think I need to find some ways of dealing with it. Also need to get my husband more actively involved - he trusts me to do the right thing and I'm not! Need him to challenge me a bit more when I declare that I 'need' a sandwich at 10pm! Hope you all have lovely weekends - and for those of you sinking into the snow, I hope it clears for you soon!
  • 429jules
    429jules Posts: 16 Member
    This seems like such a great group! I've been on MFP for about 3 years now. Lost 60 pounds over the first year and have slowly gained about 10 back. Need some motivation to get with the program. I'd love to be headed in the right direction by the end of April so I can feel thin on my birthday :).
  • PhedraJD
    @melaniedscott Thanks, the day actually ended up being pretty good. I was about 125 calories over (The cookies I ate) However, I went roller skating for almost 2 hours. Sorry you didn't get the job. Maybe there is something better on the horizon.

@kasey39 Yes, I have issues, but am never sure exactly on my body that I measured, and of course the tape is always getting all twisted up.

@janetay01 I did, and it was fun, I didn't fall, but I sure was tired a lot quicker than I normally would be. My BF actually kicked me off the rink because I was getting too tired and couldn't keep my balance very easily. Sounds like a fun weekend ahead. At least your hubby isn't feeding you junk food. Once the BF gets home all he wants to do is snack. I used to be disciplined enough to say no thank you. But, I have found my discipline is lacking.

@429jules 60 pounds loss and only a 10 pound gain is great. So you already know what you need to do. This thread is a great place for encouragement, and venting. Post often. Just be aware the thread kind of dies on the weekend. Good luck.

I actually had an awesome day yesterday. Barely went over calories, went beyond my step goal, went roller skating and had a blast. I even made a blueberry lemon cake, and licked the spoon once for tasting purposes, and then only had a bite when it was done. :) Go me. I hope today will be just as good. Today is supposed to be a rest day. I might try to do some yoga this evening. We will see. Have a great weekend. Roller skating for me and the kids Sunday. Will be great to help with my endurance.

• Rachel0778
    Happy Friday Everyone! I'm at an all day training so I don't have much time so I just wanted to say Happy St Patrick's Day! What is everyone doing to celebrate? I'm meeting up with friends at the bar tonight to have a few drinks and listen to live music.

Last night the conference was amazing. I love how much the campus is doing to promote ourselves as a diverse and safe space for our students.
  • ngolden3320
    ngolden3320 Posts: 360 Member
    @karridomigan Welcome, check in when you can. We are always here.

joy- I have the same fat suit on. I found a pic of me and the girls when they were little. I have a coat on since it is fall and you can just see how much thinner I am. I put it up at work so I can get my *kitten* together.

@gemwolf110- snow storm a bust here for the most part also and it is melting away today. Spring comes on Monday. I hope it doesn't get lost.

@isotoner- great kid time sounds like you had fun

Rachel-After seeing that pic, you earned everyone of those bruises. My genie would have crashed into the bottle.

Kasey-I agree with you on the measuring thing. I think we should all come with the dotted line that says measure here like in the pictures.

@jdelaroy- Blueberry/Lemon cake sounds yummy. And only one lick, the rate im going I would have had to like the spoon till it was all gone to make sure it tasted ok.

Not much to talk about on my end. Just eating my weight and everyone else's this week. I am definitely a stress eater and it needs to stop. Happy St. Patrick's Day to all. Be safe tonight. Have a nice weekend.

• ngolden3320
  • ngolden3320
    tvjossw0xhqd.jpg

MINES NOT EVEN A WEEK IT HAS BEEN ATLEAST A MONTH LONG. PLEASE GIVE ME STRENGTH TO MAKE IT STOP!!!
  • 429jules
    429jules Posts: 16 Member
    Good morning! Here's to a restful but productive weekend! I woke up too early today, which doesn't help with the restful part. Maybe I can work on productive. Hope today is s good one, everyone!!
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,310 Member
    Hope everyone's having a good week end. Can't believe it's saturday again. Where did this week go? On my real B day, the 15th, I had Dr appt to get results of my heart test. I was so glad to hear my heart is good, no blockages or hardening. Yesterday I had one of thoes days where I did too much without meaning to. I didn't feel like going to dog park so I took my big guy out with my bike for 40 min then went for 2 walks with the others, so I was out for 1 1/2hrs. I used to be able to walk them all at once, but now 3 of them are older & have arthritis, so I walk 3 longer,faster, then I walk the other 3 shorter & slower. After that I went to volunteer at our rescue. I was asked to clean the puppy rooms, which i'm glad to do but all 4 were full, so it took me almost 2 hrs to clean them all. Of course I stopped & loved on the puppies too. Then after I got home at 4, I made 2 apple pies, one to take to a friends B day dessert pot luck. Today I feel like i've been run over by a truck! I did take dogs out, tho I was so tired. The rest of day I must devote to mowing back yard, sweeping all polen off patio & weed wacking side yard. Hubby usually weed wacks, but he had busy day yesterday too & is starting on new med today to get his heart rate down. He's been having an issue with that & it tires him out.
  • Trendline15
    Trendline15 Posts: 48 Member
    Hi everyone! I just saw this group listed on the MFP home page, and would like to join. I have lost about 40 lbs so far with this program. And, I have about 35 more lbs to lose.

I have found working with a personal trainer very helpful. In fact, I would say that it is the best money that I have ever spent on myself. I actually work with 2 different trainers. With Mary, a former competitive swimmer, we work on flexibility and core strength. (Swimming is my thing.) With John, I life heavy weights for full body strength.

Weight lifting can be very motivating. It requires a certain amount of focus and concentration. It also give me something to "push against," a challenge, if you will. Getting stronger physically also gives a big boost to my self-confidence.

Be well!
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,314 Member
    hey, all! Hope you've had a nice weekend. The hubby & I took a couple days off for our wine tour...Got off to a late start, first because our friends were running behind and then because the husband decided he didn't like the way my car was driving (it doesn't do what he keeps complaining about when it is just me...it doesn't like him) so we had to turn around and go back...putting us behind by another 30 minutes. Sigh. Visited several nice wineries in Missouri wine country and bought less than 2 cases (less than last year...victory! self control in the face of wonderful wine!). Spent the last two days doing very little.

So...now I have a NSV that has nothing to do with weightloss...Before we left, I packed up our laptop...and it said it needed a Microsoft update. Since the update nothing has worked properly...I poked a bunch of things yesterday and thought I fixed it. But no luck! This evening I did some research and learned that the latest update has been installing wrong for a lot of people. So I uninstalled all of them, reinstalled and now we seem to be working just fine! I WIN in the war with machines!

Have a terrific week!
  • CallaLilyNess
    CallaLilyNess Posts: 32 Member
    Just checking in. We've got family in town. I'd like to believe I'm doing better. Managed to exercise 3 times last week. And while I'm not going completely nuts with food, it could be a lot better. Been reading a lot on weight loss and now I'm just plain confused. It shouldn't be this hard and complicated. So many types of diet plans out there. Just not sure how to move forward. One step at a time I guess.
  • janetay01
    janetay01 Posts: 1,298 Member
    @CallaLilyNess - snap, I've had my father in law with us all weekend so it's been a busy one! Honestly, I think the diet plans cause more confusion than they resolve - they all have different pros and cons and I've given up with them. I just try now to eat the meals that I like (95% home made) in moderation and leave it at that. Otherwise it does get too complicated and life is simply too short and too busy!

@melaniedscott - two great NSVs - yes, I count only two cases of wine (or less) an NSV!! Sounds like a lovely weekend.

@Trendline15 and @429jules - welcome!

@evamutt- that's great news on the heart tests, much be such a relief. Great birthday present! Sounds like you have had a busy few days - don't push yourself too hard!!

@gemwolf110 - that sucks about the job and it really annoys me when businesses do that. They can only enforce it because you are moving internally - if you were going to a different business, they would lose you after your contractual notice period and that would be that - they would have to deal with it! Anyway, sorry - I'm just adding to your rant now. Have a lovely week off and make sure you get time to relax and enjoy spending time together.

Jen - I love the sound of a blueberry lemon cake - any chance of a recipe share??

So, it's Monday morning and I'm shattered! We had my father in law with us all weekend and, whilst it's lovely to see him, it's a little bit like having a second child!! I haven't stopped all weekend (on the plus side, it did wonders for my step count :) ). Trouble is, my husband was constantly trying to make sure he was looked after and the idea of offering to do anything to help is completely out of father in laws thought process. So by 7:30 last night when I was running round making supper, cleaning the kitchen and generally chasing my tail whilst my husband put Alistair to bed, he's sat watching television. Now don't get me wrong - I do not expect him to spring clean, make supper etc etc - but an offer to make me a cup of tea, pour a glass of wine or help load the dishwasher would have put him into hero status at that point! I know I'm whinging but I'm used to family members/friends getting involved when they stay with us and, by 9pm last night I felt like I'd been run over by a bus with work looming large in the morning.

Anyway, enough moaning! It's Monday, I've got my meals logged for the day and I'm hitting the water hard. Will get a good step count in today and I'm working from home tomorrow so going to try and get an early workout in and kick myself into gear. Hope Monday treats you all well :)
  • PhedraJD
    @rachel0778 I am glad you had a good conference.

@ngolden3320 The eating everything in sight seems to be going around. Stay strong you can do it.

@429jules Getting up too early sucks! Hopefully it was productive at least.

@gemwolf110 Being in limbo does suck. Enjoy your week off. Don’t forget some me time!

@evamutt Woo hoo for good heart health. Look at all those dog walks you are getting in. I hope they get husbands meds fixed.

@melaniedscott sounds like you had a wonderful weekend, great restraint on the wine, and awesome patience with your computer. I would have wanted to toss the thing.

@callalilyness Good job with the exercise. The reading can be confusing, there is so much contradicting information out there. Some of the best advice I got was that there are things that work for each person, each person is different. You have to experiment to find what works, listen to your body, and give any change you make 4-6 weeks to start taking affect.

@janetay01 I feel your pain. The Bf’s mom lives with us and does nothing and I mean nothing. She gets up around 10ish, plants herself on the couch, and only gets up to eat, and sometimes go the bathroom. Lately she has been complaining about the way we treat her dog. He is having to spend more time outside, and we haven’t been leaving his food dish down for him all of the time. He is never outside for longer than 30 minutes (He is inside the house, and has complete access to his food for 8 hours a day strait.) Yesterday, she told the BF she thinks I am jealous of her, and her relationship with her son. Not sure where this came from, or why she would think this. I love the fact that my bf wants to have her around as much as possible, and take care of her for as long as he can. I do a lot of things for this woman, and only say something to her, if she is going to hurt herself, or her dog. I am at the point where I try to stay out of the living room as much as possible, until he is home. All she does is give me nasty looks, ignore anything I say to her, and is completely rude. Sorry for the vent. Hopefully, you have a mellow week ahead.

I had a great weekend! My daughter got rave reviews at her IEP meeting in school. Was told how awesome, well mannered, helpful, and tenacious she is. Took her out to dinner in Downtown Denver to celebrate her awesomeness. Did a walk to the park with the kids on Saturday, roller skating on Sunday and stayed under calories all weekend! I am hoping Monday is just as good and productive.