TEAM January-ers

Options

Replies

• get_fit2009
    get_fit2009 Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    This idea is just in the nick of time! I am home on my lunch hour and decided to weigh myself. Mah ticker appeahs to be stuck.:grumble:
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    My weigh in today was 151... same as last week :grumble:
  • FletcherChic
    Options
    Thanks for the link cmriverside! i am in for sure...i don't weight myself anymore (the scale hasn't budged in a year and i was getting a little obsessed with the weighing)...maybe i'll try to squeeze into my old skinny clothes every friday and then i can just tell you my equivalent of a weigh-in... "too tight, so tight i couldn't breathe, or almost got my big butt stuffed into them" :laugh:
    i don't have a preference for the name...i know where to find ya! :tongue:
  • mandersen16
    Options
    Thanks for the link cmriverside! i am in for sure...i don't weight myself anymore (the scale hasn't budged in a year and i was getting a little obsessed with the weighing)...maybe i'll try to squeeze into my old skinny clothes every friday and then i can just tell you my equivalent of a weigh-in... "too tight, so tight i couldn't breathe, or almost got my big butt stuffed into them" :laugh:

That's a GREAT idea rather than getting discouraged by the scale!!!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,087 Member
    Options

U funny, Original "January-Girl". :laugh: I'm going to do the NO BAKERY TREATS FEBRUARY again. I made it through the whole month of January with only one cookie and one slice of pumpkin bread - which you graciously allowed me to call a 'vegetable'. But I was starving and they don't have salads at coffee shops. ( blah - blah - blah).

I don't even own a scale. I like your "tight-ee" idea. :drinker:
    Enjoy the big game!
    cmr
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,087 Member
    Options
    lulu, get_fit and Wolfena - Hey great work! You held your ground.cheerleader.gif800px-Steelers_Chiefs_goal_line.jpg
  • mandersen16
    Options
    lulu, get_fit and Wolfena - Hey great work! You held your ground.cheerleader.gif800px-Steelers_Chiefs_goal_line.jpg

You are seriously the nicest person ever!! Thank you for being so supportive and getting this team going!
  • prayerfulmom
    Options
    I'd love to join you all. Fridays are a weigh in day for me as well. -1.4 this week.
  • get_fit2009
    get_fit2009 Posts: 827 Member
    Options

Thank you for putting a positive spin on this "situation" I have going on! :smile:
  • Wolfena
    Options
    I weighed in last week at 151. This morning I was down to 148!! I haven't been below the 150 mark in FOREVER!!!

Though I know I'm not going to be the one losing the most weight, this is VERY awesome for me!!! Can't wait to lose more!!!

Hey - not fair. If YOU can lose 2 pounds in a week and were the same weight as me, then I should be able to TOO! :tongue:

I'm gonna lose 2 pounds this week if it kills me! :laugh: (OK, I'll settle for ONE!)

& Congrats on leaving the 150's behind you! :wink:
  • Wolfena
    Options

I know of someone who bought a button down top she loved in a size too small.... every week she took a picture of herself wearing that top (which would barely button at first) Her goal was to be able to wear that top comfortably buttoned all the way down without it pulling.

It was kinda cool to see the progression of her photos and how that top fit better each week!
  • Vixen16
    Vixen16 Posts: 17
    Options
    this is fabulous!!!! I'm in!!!! :drinker: :bigsmile:

I weigh 259 lbs this week. I would like to become 150-ish by next summer. I love the motivation of weigh-ins!!! WHOOT!! WHOOT!!! :heart:
  • Vixen16
    Vixen16 Posts: 17
    Options
    I know of someone who bought a button down top she loved in a size too small.... every week she took a picture of herself wearing that top (which would barely button at first) Her goal was to be able to wear that top comfortably buttoned all the way down without it pulling.

It was kinda cool to see the progression of her photos and how that top fit better each week!

what an excellent idea!!! ...great motivation!!!:love:
  • lulubar
    lulubar Posts: 739 Member
    Options

I love these ideas! I have an outfit from my "skinny" days that I have never had the heart to part with - I am totally pulling out that outfit and taking my picture - gaping blouse, unzipped pants and all! And when it fits again I'm gonna post the before and after on our team thread... what a fun goal! Thanks for the motivation guys:bigsmile: :drinker: :bigsmile:
  • chantybear
    Options
    Can I join? I started a couple weeks ago. My weight right now is 144.5
  • tobell
    tobell Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the link cmr :flowerforyou: , it truely was becoming a hassle trying to get back here. My weight is now 231, slow but steady. Should pick up when I start exerciseing. I Hope.
  • lulubar
    lulubar Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Welcome chantybear! And yayyyyyyy tobell! Great Job!!:flowerforyou: :bigsmile:
  • chantybear
    Options
    Thank you Lulu.
  • Wolfena
    Options
    OK - so my regular weigh-ins have always been on Saturdays - but I weighed yesterday since it was Friday and that's the day we picked for here. Yesterday I was 151- same as I'd seen on the scale all week, but TODAY - I got 150!

:bigsmile:
  • prayerfulmom
    Options
    TODAY - I got 150!

:bigsmile:

Congratulations!