WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2017

Options

Replies

• jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Haven't seen the news to see what happened in London but stay safe Heather.

I know that DNRs are important but I wish a loved one could rescind in when their loved one is 'no longer there' but is still alive. I don't think I could take it.

Pip, some of your pictures look like a piece of art like the one of Rocky.

Headache most of yesterday, went to bed with it but slept well and woke up with it.

Joyce, Indiana
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    <3
  • KetoneKaren
    Options
    I'm fretting about Heather. Somebody tell me to cut it out.
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,407 Member
    Options
    ((((Becky))))) - <3
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    I'm fretting about Heather. Somebody tell me to cut it out.

She is just fine. She is staying at the hotel in Nottingham tonight. Perhaps a second glass of wine before bed. Stop worrying <3<3

Janetr okc
  • pitegny
    pitegny Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    Feel so sad about what happened in London. My heart goes out to the victims and families of those who were killed or injured.
  • ljdw99
    ljdw99 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Lenora happy birthday :) (insert confetti balloons cake)

DH had painful facet shots at L2/L3 today. Pain should mean doc found the exact spot that is giving Wayne his greatest discomfort. Hope so we'll know in 2-3 days.

Becky I don't know what to say really all words seems so trite. You & your husband are the ultimate care givers I hope you can get some respite care and your daughter grows to be independent if that's a possibility. She is so lucky to have such unselfish second parents.

Lois on the very windy & chilly North Shore of Ma
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    Greetings Lovelies,

I had lunch this afternoon with an old friend - such a lovely time and I had an amazing superfood salad. Felt very virtuous!

Here's a strange thing - DH had a call with a Dutch client in Amsterdam this afternoon. "Hey", she says, "what's going on in your Parliament?" That's how we learned about the awful events in Westminster -via a Dutch client!

I've checked with my mother to make sure she hadn't decided to go into town today (she lives 150 miles away from me in Wimbledon, but you never know - she could have decided to go into town on a whim). No need to worry - she had stayed home today.

I feel so sad for those poor people who were caught up in the nightmare - especially the families of those who won't be coming home tonight.

And I have just cried my eyes out at This is Us that I have just finished watching on catch up.

Time for bed - good night my friends
  • KetoneKaren
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Janetr OKC Thanks! <3

Good Night, Yinx. Sad for you and all our Brit friends. Sad for the whole world.

Karen in Virginia
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    Sometimes my signature gets chopped off when I use my tablet !

Yinka in Worcestershire, UK
  • grogers511
    grogers511 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Sarah - WOW!! The hotel just puts it right out in the open to tempt you. Not locked away. I'd probably request they remove it. ;-)
    Glad you covered it up. Out of sight!

Ginger
  • grogers511
    grogers511 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Had my eye appointment. I definitely need the laser procedure to add a drain hole to each iris. I already have some scarring from a previous episode that I didn't know about. Thank God my optic nerves are still healthy. I'll count my blessings!

-- Ginger in Texas
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,407 Member
    Options
    Lenora! Happy Birthday!!! Hope you are doing some celebrating! B)

Lanette
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,675 Member
    Options
    Jmkmomm awww thanks!
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,675 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    lmhcdypig5hk.jpg
    Bullwinkle , I'm waaaittingggg
  • Poerava14
    Poerava14 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    Lenora: Happy Birthday. May you have a lovely day.

Re: Meant to tell you how fab you look in the photo collage. You are on a roll and sound brimming with confidence at the prospect of a higher paying job. WTG.

My DH also has creative places to store things while I'm away on trips. Usually they turn up in the vicinity of where they should be. But sometimes ???? :confused::confounded: We're still looking for the litter box scooper that disappeared during my last trip. :frowning: I'm reading a book called "How to Say It to Seniors" which is definitely clearing up many of the questions I've been having about my 72 year old DH. Not unlike toddlers and teenagers, seniors also have normal stages of development. According to this author, this behavior is not a sign of diminished capacity, but a need to hang onto some control. (I'm not doing this subject justice....)

Heading to bed early tonight. Stay well friends. We can do this.

Rori
    Colorado Foothills