Looking for friends who don't eat "clean" and healthy

Options

Replies

• ivygirl1937
    ivygirl1937 Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    Verity1111 wrote: »
    pinuplove wrote: »
    I feel like I had a small hand in derailing the 'garbage advice' thread into a discussion devoted largely to pizza, and I'm ok with that. It's been a fun way to waste the workday!

Reading along in that thread is kind of like watching a train wreck - it's horrifying but I can't look away.

That thread is ridiculous and generalizes people and their needs. The fact is that it is 100% WRONG. You can eat ANYTHING under your calorie goal and lose weight...IF you have self-control. The fact is not about if you can handle the pressure or not. You technically *would* lose weight if you could handle it. Some people do not have that self-control and that is OKAY and not their fault, but it doesn't change the facts of calories-in-calories-out.

Exactly! And I feel kind of bad because it's like 5-10 veterans having to repeat themselves over and over to like 2 people who are just adamant that they are right about only eating clean (or whatever they are arguing about now) and refusing to listen to veterans who have done this for YEARS and are still doing this and are trying to help people. It makes me sad that threads like that have scared a lot of veterans away.
  • ivygirl1937
    Options
    Although I'm kind of wishing pizza was for dinner tonight now though. :lol:
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    I feel like I had a small hand in derailing the 'garbage advice' thread into a discussion devoted largely to pizza, and I'm ok with that. It's been a fun way to waste the workday!

Reading along in that thread is kind of like watching a train wreck - it's horrifying but I can't look away.

That thread is ridiculous and generalizes people and their needs. The fact is that it is 100% WRONG. You can eat ANYTHING under your calorie goal and lose weight...IF you have self-control. The fact is not about if you can handle the pressure or not. You technically *would* lose weight if you could handle it. Some people do not have that self-control and that is OKAY and not their fault, but it doesn't change the facts of calories-in-calories-out.

Exactly! And I feel kind of bad because it's like 5-10 veterans having to repeat themselves over and over to like 2 people who are just adamant that they are right about only eating clean (or whatever they are arguing about now) and refusing to listen to veterans who have done this for YEARS and are still doing this and are trying to help people. It makes me sad that threads like that have scared a lot of veterans away.

And me just wandering around talking about pizza! :tongue:
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options

Yeah a lot of good vets got banned too for being honest and giving advice that people perceived as "mean".
  • ScottF83
    ScottF83 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I didn't see this thread getting 1000 replies
  • domeofstars
    domeofstars Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Me! I definitely don't always eat healthy but i've still continued to lose weight. Yes feel free to add me everyone, I love team motivation and support when it comes to weight loss
  • noellysilva
    noellysilva Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me....I also don't eat clean all the time and I am still able to drop inches....Promise I wont judge ...I am a big pizza fan!
  • Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    Options
    Although I'm kind of wishing pizza was for dinner tonight now though. :lol:

And for me, it is! Yay! Amy's vegetarian italian "sausage" mushroom olive & peppers pizza...half for dinner & half for tomorrow :blush:
  • Verity1111
    Options
    ScottF83 wrote: »
    I didn't see this thread getting 1000 replies

You're just jealous. lol. jk. Yeah I didn't either and I was surprised at the lack of hostility. Lol. But happily surprised.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Options
    I am going to have pizza... Just not pizza with weird toppings and burned crust.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I am going to have pizza... Just not pizza with weird toppings and burned crust.

I'm leaning toward a fat, juicy cheeseburger!
  • Verity1111
    Options

Hey I dont really like dominos but I agree those toppings were odd...except the onions looked good. But this is why we each can have our own pizza :smiley:
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    After all this pizza talk, looks like we're having tacos for dinner *sigh* :wink:
  • Chef_Barbell
    edited March 2017
    Options

Hey I dont really like dominos but I agree those toppings were odd...except the onions looked good. But this is why we each can have our own pizza :smiley:

And the crust was burned! That is almost blasphemous as that is the best part of the pizza for me. LOL

ETA- I wanted to do so many different things at the Domino's I managed but corporate only "took my ideas into consideration". That was code for we will keep serving what we serve. But the dough was fresh and the cheese is real mozzarella.
  • Verity1111
    Options

And the crust was burned! That is almost blasphemous as that is the best part of the pizza for me. LOL

We definitely don't agree there LOL I sometimes (often) throw the crust away! My boyfriend loves the crust so if I dont he eats it for me 75% of the time.
  • southernoregongrape
    southernoregongrape Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    That thread is ??? I need to go back and see what started it all. But, I'm afraid it is like the chicken and the egg. Which came first???
  • Chef_Barbell
    Options

We definitely don't agree there LOL I sometimes (often) throw the crust away! My boyfriend loves the crust so if I dont he eats it for me 75% of the time.

What I like to do is fold the last bites of the slice over the crust and kinda have a cheesy breadstick type thing.
  • southernoregongrape
    southernoregongrape Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    And neither my hubby nor I eat the crust on pizza. Too much starch for him, and I don't like white bread.
  • ivygirl1937
    Options

What I like to do is fold the last bites of the slice over the crust and kinda have a cheesy breadstick type thing.

That's what I do too.