WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2017

Options

Replies

• SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,342 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    hmdkacdrab8r.png

That's been the theme at my house for the past couple days. >:)

Have a great day all!

Lanette
    SW WA State
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,212 Member
    Options
    Writing to you lovely women pricked my conscience, so I did get on the rower and the bike and clocked up 250 calories. With the 100 from walking I can bank 350. Still overdrawn on the day, but better than before. :D

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • ydailey
    ydailey Posts: 516 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Happy National Puppy Day, National Chia Day, and National Near Miss Day -

My encounter with the scale this morning wasn't a near miss, it was a crash landing. But that's OK, I've been in a slump lately and I knew it would show on the scale. I think I'm back in the game now.

Katla - That's some teakettle, even if you don't use it often! Things were made to last back then!

Becca - Don't beat yourself up over the shampoo thing! (Or, as a therapist once said to me, "Don't should on yourself.")

Heather - Glad you are safe and that you had a good visit with your son and the granddogs. I love greyhounds' personality. Even our current foster, who is not exactly the brightest bulb in the box, is sweet and loving and goofy and a lot of fun.

Re - Good luck with your interview. It's great that you're going in with a clear idea about what you need (e.g., flexible schedule), and whatever happens I'm sure it'll be a good experience. It's always good to have options.

Beth - So happy to hear that your dad is doing better!

Lisa - Wow, that is a lot of driving for your husband! But glad they approved PT for him.

Lanette - Thanks for the heads-up about PetZLife gel. It's pricey but I may have to give it a try. Luna really doesn't cooperate very well for toothbrushing. Might even try the spray on my cats - between Philip and me we ought to be able to hold them down long enough for a quick spritz without bloodshed.

I picked up the produce box from the farm-to-market store today. It's full of good stuff! Since this is the first one I already had some things on hand, so now I'm over-supplied with bananas and mandarins. Fortunately, I really like peanut-butter banana smoothies, so I just peeled all the bananas I already had and tossed them in the freezer.

The news is so depressing lately. One of the things you all do for me is remind me that there's still a lot of good in the world.

-Yvonne in TX
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    pitegny wrote: »
    Becca: You shouldn't feel bad. It is great to try new things, but if they are not right after a while, that is good too. I have many friends who are constantly trying new approaches to healthier living. Before one couple comes to dinner, I have to ask whether they are now vegan, pescatarian or flexitarian. One thing works for a while and then they try another. Trying new things is good for the soul.

Thank you friend. Sometimes I am too close to situations that a don't realize options, and perceptions. They are not ultimatums. I always have choices. I need to be in flex, and be comfortable in that.
    Becca
  • Annr
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Lisa in w Texas A lot of my weight IS mental.

I carry so much sadness about my ( lack of ) relationship with my sister. I want to scream at her saying, I am here, why don't you want to grow old with me?". She reaches out to friends (that I am friends with), on Facebook and it hurts. I see her posting that she wishes to get together with a sister like friend we both have grown up with. I suppose because they are more the same age. But she called her ' her 3rd sister'. That is hard to hear her wishing to cultivate a relationship, but is letting ours go stagnant. The last time we talked on the phone was July. Christmas came and went. I have sent cards, left messages, sent packages, left messages on Facebook trying to get response's, but to no avail.

How do I release this?

Becca
  • Annr
    Options
    Oh you ladies are the best! There is a part of me that holds on to the notion that if I continue to hold open this door for my sister, that my Mom would wish that. That I am doing what is right. That she would be proud of me to keep trying. But this notion is draining on me. There will come a time when I have to let go of this one sided relationship.

Thanks for letting me vent this. Its definitely a process.
    Becca
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,549 Member
    Options
    uqr6b32jvmya.jpg
    Happy national puppy day
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,830 Member
    Options
    Awwww! Baby Yogi! <3
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Annr wrote: »
    Oh you ladies are the best! There is a part of me that holds on to the notion that if I continue to hold open this door for my sister, that my Mom would wish that. That I am doing what is right. That she would be proud of me to keep trying. But this notion is draining on me. There will come a time when I have to let go of this one sided relationship.

Thanks for letting me vent this. Its definitely a process.
    Becca

Let your sister know your door will always be open. But that doesn't mean you have to continually stand in the door way waving your arms yelling come in, come in. You're a loving, caring, beautiful person and your sis is missing out on a lot of love, laughs and friendship. <3<3<3

Janetr okc
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Kelley, I love baby yoga, so sweet and wise. :)

Janetr okc
  • IremiaRe
    IremiaRe Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    <3

Love you All!!

Hugs for Everybody!

Re in TX
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    My DH either has a bad cold or the flu! He had the flu shot but is shivering and feverish and his chest feels tight. Tried to get him to go to the doctor but he so stubborn. :/
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    Pip, great photo! Isn't every day at your house Puppy Day? LOL!

How did your job situation turn out, by the way. Did you get everything resolved OK? Are you downstairs now?
    Hope it's going well!

Kelly - yes, Baby Joaquin is a yogi, perfectly meditating. OOOMMMM, lol. He is so darn cute!!

Becca, (((hugs))) - I think Janet is right on the money. You are a warm, loving, caring person and if she ignores that, then you've done the best you can do. Sometimes when you let go, that opens things up from the other side, too.

I had to smile when you mentioned what "Mom would want". A part of my Mom resides in my brain as well and sometimes I have to tell her, "Mom, you were right about a lot of things but I think on this one, you aren't" then I imagine her saying, "Yes, I see your point." :)

I regret a bit that DH and I aren't closer both physically and emotionally to our siblings, but we realize we all have lives that no longer include each other, especially across the miles - they all live in the Midwest. Except for occasional emails, and a rare phone call, that's it. They aren't on Facebook.

We are grateful they are happy and healthy and NOT parked on our doorstep asking for money, or a place to "crash" with the latest squeeze fresh out of prison, lol. Tho a week here with former Marine Staff Sgt. DH in charge would be a "boot camp" they'd not forget. >:)

DH ran to town this morning and picked up lawn fertilizer and just finished the first lawn mow (only in the high spots) this year. He's feeling much better. Hooray! <3

Lanette
    SW WA State where I see a day of sunshine coming for us in the Pacific Northwest in a week, lol. I know I'll be the first one to whine when it gets over 75f - a 50f to 75f degree window is just fine with me.
  • grogers511
    grogers511 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Accountability Post
    March Goals
    Wednesday's Progress (3/22)
    1. Carbs 50-75g (limit 25g/meal)
    (B11, L17, D13, AS12, BBS130= 183g)
    ✔2. Fiber 30g (32g)
    ✔3. Track/complete entry daily
    ✔4. Vegetables - big salad daily
    5. Exercise - log 30 Fitbit minutes.
    6. No eating after 9pm.
    7. In bed by midnight.
    8. Declutter: ✔Office Supplies, Electronics, Music, Craft Supplies, Cleaning Supplies, ✔Utility Drawer, Utility Closet

Not a great day yesterday. It felt stressful. I had a late night sweets binge after my long soaking bath. I should've stuck with my initial plan - to go to bed earlier. DH talked me into having my soaking bath... I was already tired and could've gone to sleep easily. Next time I'll trust my own instincts and get to bed.

And... I've been working on a self-therapy way to stop binging with some self-exploration from an article found here on MFP.
    1. Pause before eating. 60-90 seconds. Create space for reflection.
    2. Do an "urge interview". Explore my feelings. Where am I feeling the urge? Do I want something else?
    3. Write it down. Describe what I'm feeling. What I've uncovered from the pause and urge interview.
    4. Be kind to myself. No self-loathing... it's not helpful and won't move me forward. Remind myself I'm trying, I'm working on it.
    5. Seek support. I may see a professional therapist. But first - I'm going to try this for a while and see how it goes.

I hope you all are having a great day!
    --Ginger in Texas