Ask and/or answer the opposite sex... Likes, dislikes, advice, gift ideas, hye, etc

Options

Replies

• Rhody_Hoosier
    Rhody_Hoosier Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    Small Talk Good
    Big Talk Bad

Concise.
    Re5qekt.
  • merrysailor88
    merrysailor88 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    lstrat115 wrote: »
    fidycixer wrote: »
    csbnga wrote: »
    I don't think the ability to small talk has lessened, its the desire to. There are so many distractions available. I walk a lot and a large percentage of the time I pass someone else, they are either looking at their phone or have headphones in and wouldn't hear a greeting.

I find this to be true multiple times a day. Every day.

I'm one of those that likes to smile and say hello to complete strangers.

It doesn't happen near as often as it used to.

I am that way too. I look people in the eye and smile or say "good morning". Sometimes people are friendly back and other times they look at me like I have 4 heads.
    I say start the thread though. Would be interesting to see everyone's opinions on this

I've noticed that too. Like, I greet someone randomly and they look confused.
  • Rhody_Hoosier
    edited March 2017
    Options
    lstrat115 wrote: »
    csbnga wrote: »
    I don't think the ability to small talk has lessened, its the desire to. There are so many distractions available. I walk a lot and a large percentage of the time I pass someone else, they are either looking at their phone or have headphones in and wouldn't hear a greeting.

I find this to be true multiple times a day. Every day.

I'm one of those that likes to smile and say hello to complete strangers.

It doesn't happen near as often as it used to.

I am that way too. I look people in the eye and smile or say "good morning". Sometimes people are friendly back and other times they look at me like I have 4 heads.
    I say start the thread though. Would be interesting to see everyone's opinions on this

Having spent 25 years of my life in Indiana/Georgia I found that most people were open to friendly "hellos" or "good mornings".

In New England for the most recent 15 years if I say "hello" or "good morning" to someone they immediately are on guard and want to know what I want from them. Which is essentially nothing other than to say hello or good morning.

Yes I am painting with a very broad brush here. Vice versa I'm sure happens on the regular with many far and wide. Just my personal experience for the majority of the time.
  • Rhody_Hoosier
    Options
    I'm terrified when strangers want to talk to me. Even smiles and waves make me really uncomfortable. I know they are just friendly people and I'll smile back but it always catches me off guard and always makes me uncomfortable.

Hi. :)
  • canary_girl
    canary_girl Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    Gender-neutral question: What was the main reason for your last relationship break-up?

For me, it was because we couldn't hold an interesting conversation between the two of us. Talking to him bored me, and I assume he felt the same way. Everything else was great, he was a really nice, sweet, hot guy (multilingual too, with an accent!).

She found someone else and replaced me. The end.

People suck.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    Gender-neutral question: What was the main reason for your last relationship break-up?

For me, it was because we couldn't hold an interesting conversation between the two of us. Talking to him bored me, and I assume he felt the same way. Everything else was great, he was a really nice, sweet, hot guy (multilingual too, with an accent!).

She found someone else and replaced me. The end.

People suck.

Hi !
  • canary_girl
    canary_girl Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    As for small talk, I like it until strangers begin to overshare personal information. Especially trauma or unfortunate events. I get uncomfortable and have a hard time returning the conversation to more neutral topics.

Or politics or religion. I'm in Georgia and people can be somewhat conservative.
  • Rax1974
    Rax1974 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    question. I got a pair of pants that I just found out has a rip by one of the rear pockets. Just a small tear. Had this girl tell me about it at the Kwik Trip. She was behind me in line. My question is, do you find the quality of fruit better at Kwik Trip or the local grocery store?
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    Rax1974 wrote: »
    question. I got a pair of pants that I just found out has a rip by one of the rear pockets. Just a small tear. Had this girl tell me about it at the Kwik Trip. She was behind me in line. My question is, do you find the quality of fruit better at Kwik Trip or the local grocery store?

What's kwik trip
  • slider728
    slider728 Posts: 1,494 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    synchkat wrote: »
    What's kwik trip

Its a gas station/convenience store in the Midwest US (most I have seen are in Wisconsin). Basically a gas station and small grocery store all in one.

• synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    slider728 wrote: »
    synchkat wrote: »
    What's kwik trip

Its a gas station/convenience store in the Midwest US (most I have seen are in Wisconsin). Basically a gas station and small grocery store all in one.

I see...we don't have that in Canada
  • His_Buttercup2015
    His_Buttercup2015 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Question:

Would you rather be taken-

Forcefully, think pinned against the wall...
    Or
    Affectionately, think slowly...

Generally, affectionately. BUT there's nothing hotter than spontaneous and forceful. There's a difference between your partner wanting you and then there's needing you.
  • VonicaFlear
    VonicaFlear Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I think this thread is losing Ts pattern of answer/ask questions lol

Question: Be the driver or let your SO drive?
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options

If I get to nap, he can drive. Otherwise he kinda sucks at it and makes me want to puke, but i get motion sick easy....
  • turbostang7
    turbostang7 Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options

I let him drive. I usually do long distance drives though. Well I used to the last few that he was with me he drove
  • JstTheWayIam
    JstTheWayIam Posts: 6,357 Member
    Options

Personally... Don't hate don't hate don't hate me, Buuut...

Driving is the man's responsibility, it's my job to see we get there safely...

Considering though, my mother lived 15yrs as a quadriplegic before she passed when I was 29... You can't blame me for taking the job very seriously...
  • VonicaFlear
    VonicaFlear Posts: 148 Member
    Options

Personally... Don't hate don't hate don't hate me, Buuut...

Driving is the man's responsibility, it's my job to see we get there safely...

Considering though, my mother lived 15yrs as a quadriplegic before she passed when I was 29... You can't blame me for taking the job very seriously...

I'm internally judging a little bit but I kind of understand. I just don't like this archaic idea that being female means you need to be "taken care of". Especially considering most of the women in my family (including myself, not to toot my own horn) drives far better than any of the men in my family. My mom's car is covered in dents and terrible damage.... all caused by my step dad.