Ask and/or answer the opposite sex... Likes, dislikes, advice, gift ideas, hye, etc

Replies

• FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    I think this thread is losing Ts pattern of answer/ask questions lol

Question: Be the driver or let your SO drive?

I let him drive... because I hate driving. Simple as that.
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member

Personally... Don't hate don't hate don't hate me, Buuut...

Driving is the man's responsibility, it's my job to see we get there safely...

Considering though, my mother lived 15yrs as a quadriplegic before she passed when I was 29... You can't blame me for taking the job very seriously...

Wow really?
  • JstTheWayIam
    JstTheWayIam Posts: 6,357 Member

Personally... Don't hate don't hate don't hate me, Buuut...

Driving is the man's responsibility, it's my job to see we get there safely...

Considering though, my mother lived 15yrs as a quadriplegic before she passed when I was 29... You can't blame me for taking the job very seriously...

I'm internally judging a little bit but I kind of understand. I just don't like this archaic idea that being female means you need to be "taken care of". Especially considering most of the women in my family (including myself, not to toot my own horn) drives far better than any of the men in my family. My mom's car is covered in dents and terrible damage.... all caused by my step dad.

Don't get me wrong, I was raised by a single mother who slept with a crowbar under the mattress because she did not want guns in the home with 2 young sons...

So 100% believe in a woman's independence, but I was also brought up pretty old school too.

If my family goes somewhere, I'm going to be the one to get us there... Don't want that to be on my wife

That being said all the women in my family have generally been much wiser than women
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member

I love driving, alone.

I prefer to drive myself almost anywhere except downtown Toronto. The pedestrians and cyclists make it too stressful.

If I am in a car with almost anyone else I prefer to be the passenger. Except for a few people who's driving truly frightens me.

I take driving as a huge responsibility and I don't wan't to be responsible for hurting my passenger if I get into an accident, that's why I prefer to be the passenger. Also I find passengers to be distracting and they stress me out a bit.
  • synchkat
    Vikka_V wrote: »

I love driving, alone.

I prefer to drive myself almost anywhere except downtown Toronto. The pedestrians and cyclists make it too stressful.

If I am in a car with almost anyone else I prefer to be the passenger. Except for a few people who's driving truly frightens me.

I take driving as a huge responsibility and I don't wan't to be responsible for hurting my passenger if I get into an accident, that's why I prefer to be the passenger. Also I find passengers to be distracting and they stress me out a bit.

You get used to downtown driving...and become very aggressive because if you don't push your way in you'll get nowhere. Subsequently if I drive in the burbs like I do in the city I look like a complete *kitten*
  • Xvapor
    Xvapor Posts: 1,643 Member
    You are a mess
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member

I love driving, alone.

It sounds like you need to quit driving on the sidewalks.
  • Vikka_V
    edited March 2017
    synchkat wrote: »

I love driving, alone.

You get used to downtown driving...and become very aggressive because if you don't push your way in you'll get nowhere. Subsequently if I drive in the burbs like I do in the city I look like a complete *kitten*

I don't know how you can do it...the pedestrians and cyclists...freak me out!
    I use transit downtown, or walk when I can, and I am a courteous pedestrian! I get that the cars need their turn too. I'd get eaten alive trying to drive in the downtown core.

Lots of people in my 'burb drive like idiots! **not suggesting that you drive like an idiot, talking about the locals
    Xvapor wrote: »
    You are a mess

If your talking to me ...yes I am! I'm a worrier to say the least
    Motorsheen wrote: »

I love driving, alone.

It sounds like you need to quit driving on the sidewalks.

Haha, that has never happened, so far!
  • JstTheWayIam
    Question

Advice to your kids... Not talking serious issues just kids misbehaving.. Your advice when they see others doing things they shouldn't be doing.

Don't be a snitch, or tell the teacher?
  • JstTheWayIam
    Question

How often do you get your hair done, cut and color and do you spend over $300?
  • synchkat
    Question

I get it cut maybe once a year. Coloured once every few years. I am not the norm
  • LittleHearseDriver
    LittleHearseDriver Posts: 2,677 Member
    Question

I'm very low maintenance. I get a haircut every 2-3 months and spend a whopping $15.

$300 seems like a ridiculous amount to pay for a cut and color. Who does your wife's hair, the pope?
  • turbostang7
    turbostang7 Posts: 1,352 Member
    Question

Usually like 1x a year. But I just did the red and that's more upkeep. It was $180. I have a ridiculous amount of hair though.
    The touch up color every couple months will be around $80.
  • Vikka_V
    edited April 2017
    Question

I get a cut, balayage and toner every 4 months. The cost is over $300.

My stylist is amazing and I'd probably pay more if she asked, lol.

• FeraFilia
    Question

I never get my hair done. I get it cut a few times a year for $15-20 and I color it sometimes, with stuff I buy at the store or online.

I'm so not high maintenance.
  • synchkat
    FeraFilia wrote: »
    Question

I never get my hair done. I get it cut a few times a year for $15-20 and I color it sometimes, with stuff I buy at the store or online.

I'm high maintenance but I just can't stand sitting for as long as hair takes to be done. It makes me nervous. I will go for my annual hair cut soon though and might get some colour since I've noticed some grey. :(
  • FeraFilia
    Question

I'm high maintenance but I just can't stand sitting for as long as hair takes to be done. It makes me nervous. I will go for my annual hair cut soon though and might get some colour since I've noticed some grey. :(

@synchkat you have a superfan!
  • JstTheWayIam
    Wow... Thanks for the insight everyone, I'm looking at around $300-$350 about every 3-4 months, with another $100 somewhere in between for maintenance ...

California girls... Geez :smirk:

I myself spend about 35 every month :#
    But I get a shampoo, steamed towel and face/scalp massage..

Lol... I guess we're a couple of *kitten* poodles...
  • synchkat
    Question

@synchkat you have a superfan!

Haha apparently. Odd post to call spam. Perhaps they are greyist? Prejudice toward us grey haired people