April 12:
    April 19:
    Last day April 22:

Weight -/+ this week: -1.2
    Weight -/+ this month: -5.7
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    Wednesday Wishes - Today is a "wish I HAD" kind of thinking day ... you know the type when something comes up that you wish you could take advantage of but you cannot because you didn't do before the things that would enable you to do the thing you wish you could do now. Those kinds of thoughts can do one of 2 things to a persons mindset ... one the positive side where they can be a 'boot in the butt' to get on the ball, and on the flip side ... well, I won't dwell on the flip side cause it ain't pretty.

Thought I'd share the MFP weight chart of my past month. It shows how my weight can fluctuate daily even as it is in a downward trend. That's cause I was feeling pretty good when I looked at my Ticker chart on my Profile page and saw that I am just 1.75 pounds away from reaching my quarter goal for this years weight loss plans ... about right on the mark!

y27hdlqncgew.jpg
  • KATRENAJ
    KATRENAJ Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I will be thankful for my loss so far. At least it is not getting higher. My frustration is with myself. After a perfectly good day yesterday, I chose to eat pistachios (40) before bedtime. I know if I stuck faithfully to my plan I would lose faster.
    Katrena

Height: 5' 1/2"

Start Weight (week of Feb 22) 228
    Goal Weight (Week of April 22) 208.5

Weigh-ins on week of
    February 22- 228
    March 1: 221
    March 8: 223.6 DOWN FROM 227.6 FEW DAYS BEFORE
    March 15: 220.6
    March 22: 218.4
    March 29:
    April 5:
    April 12:
    April 19:
    Last day April 22:

Weight -/+ this week: +
    WEIGHT TOTAL FROM 2/21
    LOSS 9.6
  • whistle0809
    whistle0809 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey,

First time being in this thread and trying to read all the posts. I have had a hard time losing my weight and my knees have been a serious problem for the last several years.

Hope I can get some advice from this thread and can get motivated by you all.
    "PowerWalking would be my ideal exercise"

• JeanieWww
    JeanieWww Posts: 4,037 Member
    Options
    Name: Jeanie
    Height:5'2"

Start Weight (week of Feb 22) 262.4
    Goal Weight (Week of April 22) 250

Weigh-ins on week of
    February 22: 262.4
    March 1: 258.6
    March 8: 258.4
    March 15: 257.2
    March 22: 255.5
    March 29:
    April 5:
    April 12:
    April 19:
    Last day April 22
  • sand86802
    sand86802 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Hey,

First time being in this thread and trying to read all the posts. I have had a hard time losing my weight and my knees have been a serious problem for the last several years.

Hope I can get some advice from this thread and can get motivated by you all.
    "PowerWalking would be my ideal exercise"

Welcome!

I have had problems with my knees (undiagnosed since I was 11). The best exercises is indeed power walking and I have also been told swimming would be great too. I havent been to the pool in a long time becaise I am too self conscious to wear a swimsuit in public.

My best advice is listen to your body. If an exercise hurts, stop and see if you can modify it. For example, I cant really do low squats so I just go as far as my knees will let me without hurting. I have noticed that as my weight goes down and my muscle get stronger, they will let me go lower.

Also you probably have done that already but ask advice to your doctor/physiotherapist. Depending on your condition there might be things you should absolutely not do. They are the ones who will best know it.

Hope it helps!
  • RobinB0812
    RobinB0812 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Name: Robin
    Height: 5'3"

Start Weight (week of Feb 22) 273.8
    Goal Weight (Week of April 22) 259

Weigh-ins on week of
    February 22: 273.8
    March 1: 273
    March 8: 272.4**
    March 15: 270.2
    March 22: 268.4
    March 29:
    April 5:
    April 12:
    April 19:
    Last day April 22:

** My birthday was March 4th and even though I logged, I pretty much knew I'd threw my eating choices out the window for 3-4 days. I decided beforehand that I was going to enjoy my birthday weekend and I would be happy if I gained only 1 pound. Not only did I not gain anything, but I actually lost 0.6 of a pound! I was a very happy camper!

Weight -/+ this week: -1.8
    Weight -/+ total: -5.4

@sand86802 - What exercise app are you using? It sounds like something I'd like to check out.

Welcome to all the newcomers!

Until next time; wishing everyone Peace B) , Love <3 and Weight Loss :# !!
  • sand86802
    Options
    @RobinB0812 It is called "30 days fitness challenge" by Leap Fitness Group.
  • ConquerAndBloom
    ConquerAndBloom Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Hi folks! This is my first time in this thread (although definitely not my first time on MFP). I'm looking for friends and motivation and it definitely looks like there will be no shortage of either here! :)

I'm recovering from a car accident that occurred last month, I was rear-ended and have been pretty much in constant pain fluctuating from a 4 to a 9 on a daily basis since. As a result, exercise has not been on the forefront of my mind and let me tell you, cabin fever and emotional eating have knocked me down pretty good as well!

So, I'm back. I know that my preferred methods of exercise (weight lifting and rock climbing) are out of the question until I get the okay from my doctor, so I'm thinking of just incorporating walking and yoga to at least be active until the time comes.

I'll also be utilizing this group and I can't wait to see what we can all do together! Feel free to add me!
  • campfirequeen1
    campfirequeen1 Posts: 317 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Name: Holly
    Height:5'3"

Start Weight (week of Feb 22) 267.0 lbs
    Goal Weight (Week of April 22) 251.0 lbs

Weigh-ins on week of
    February 22: 267.0 lbs
    March 1: 266.2
    March 8: 267.6
    March 15: 265.0
    March 22: 263.6
    March 29:
    April 5:
    April 12:
    April 19:
    Last day April 22:

Weight -/+ this week: -1.4
    Weight -/+ this month -3.4

I was really hoping for a 2 pound loss this week but I'm happy with my loss, because I had several opportunities to eat outside my plan and didn't. Social situations are soooo hard for me, so that was a real NSV (non-scale victory)! And a couple of days I didn't really weigh and measure and I was worried about those days. I'm a stickler for keeping it real with weights and measures because my food addiction makes me see 1 cup where it's actually 2! I've noticed that I do better with scales than cups/TBS/tsp, etc. because it's more precise and impossible for me to add the extra spoonful on top (to account for air bubbles and tiny unfilled areas in the cup LOL) without acknowledging that I am eating more than I'm writing down. Truth is an amazing tool.

@Nikion901 Lady I cannot thank you enough for setting up the challenge. This has been so inspirational to me. I agree completely with Helene @sand86802 and let me just say that even though you don't comment often, I'm inspired by your dedication and your ideas! And might I add that you and Rach, @MermaidPrincessRach , are kicking it even though you celebrated your St Patty's Day birthdays! So proud of you two!!!

@gullagr So proud of you miss almost in Onderland! WTG! and speaking of Onderland, @birgitkwood, wow, you had a food/family fest and didn't gain!!! And look how much below where you were feeling ok with yourself. You are amazing! And speaking of amazing...did you notice that just on this page alone Clarie, @RunningOnWontons, is down 8 pounds, @KATRENAJ is down 9.6, @JeanieWww 6.9 and our founder, @RobinB0812 down 5.4 pounds!! I know there are others I wanted to mention but I've got stuff I need to get busy with for now, so just let me say I'm so very proud of us and thank you all for the inspiration and friends you are to me!

Welcome to @mebenfie @whistle0809 and @ConquerAndBloom
    PS @Bapcarrier and @happygirlxxx for their 7.6 and 8.8 pound losses~
    And my apologies to anyone I missed!

• RobinB0812
    RobinB0812 Posts: 236 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    @sand86802 - thanks!! I've downloaded the app and plan to start tomorrow, if not today!! I'm excited! I will likely have to do some modifying, but it's a place to start!

@campfirequeen1 - tho my name is Robin, I am not "THE" Robin that started this thread. :) I'd like to take credit, but I cannot.

My daughter and I are headed to the Renaissance Festival tomorrow. Last time I went it was a bit of a bust because I was in so much back pain (2 herniated discs). That might be the case again this tomorrow, but I want to give it a try. Down a little more than 17 pounds now, I have noticed that I can go longer before the pain starts. Hopefully I can make it from show to show with little to no pain.

Until next time; wishing everyone peace B), love <3 and weight loss :# !!
  • campfirequeen1
    Options
    Robin whether you are or not the founder, I love having you on here! And I'll be looking forward to hearing what you think about Sand's exercise app!
  • sand86802
    Options
    First Friday Fitness post:

As I mentionned before, I have been doing that firness challenge thing. It went okay... until last night. I just couldnt finish that last exercise. I think my body was just exhausted. Oh well i will keep trying.

I have been rather successful calorie wise with the eating and weight loss so farso I cant complain but I wish i could start being more active. The time just isnt there right now. Here is what my weeks look like. Monday to Friday I work from 6am to 8pm. Which means I have to wake up at 4.15am and rarely get home before 8.30pm. I work in someone's home as a caregiver so a walk during the day is impossible as i am stuck inside. I do manage to get 6000-7000 steps a day between walking back and forth in the house and to the bus stops so not too bad.
    Saturdays is my "active" day. Thats the day i run errands so I usually walk quite a bit. Sundays are my rest days. I sleep, clean, do laundry, skype with my parents.
    I dont cook much. I live by myself and I dont eat at home during the week except from a small "dinner" (more like a snack). And honestly i dont have the energy to. I will boil some veggies and cook a but of meat here and there but that's pretty much it.

I just want to be able to do more.

The upside is that it is temporary. Sometimes in the next 6 months I have decided to quit... until then it is just very frustrating.

Sorry for the long rant, I needed to vent a little.
  • RunningOnWontons
    RunningOnWontons Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Sand86802, I just wanted to say that you are doing great. I definitely "hear you" regarding your frustration...your schedule sounds really unforgiving. I beat myself up a bit for not exercising more, and my schedule isn't even as tough as yours. And cooking...well, after years of feeling guilty that I am not a born cook like most of my female relatives I have decided to just let it go. If I can steam some veggies from time to time and ensure that my husband and kids aren't always eating out of a can or box, then I say good enough is good enough. :smile:

Anyway, sometimes you just need to say to yourself "I am doing the best I can at this time."
  • campfirequeen1
    Options
    @sand86802 Wow that is quite a schedule you have and I don't know when you have time to do anything! I believe that you are doing an amazing job with the little time you have! So glad you joined us and don't worry about your rant, we all do it from time to time and no one minds!

@RunningOnWontons - That is excellent advice and I want to know where you got your ID, it makes me smile everytime I read it.
  • Nikion901
    Options
    @campfirequeen1 ... your numbers post showed you lost 3.4 pounds in 4 weeks ... that's a very good rate of weight loss. Just think ... if you average that amount every month, in another 9 months (end of December) ... it will be over 30 pounds down!

Also ... thanks for the kudo's you're heaping on me for starting out Earth Day weight loss challenge. Back when RobinsEgg (Ellen) was still active on MFP we frequently had small monthly challenges that different ones of us would suggest and the rest would chime in on if they wanted to participate or not. They were always intersting and some of them actually became standards ... One we had that I especially liked was focused on our daily calories ... really helped me a lot.
  • RachaelPooh
    RachaelPooh Posts: 5,951 Member
    Options
    WTH! Everytime I get close to the 280s, my wt springs back up! :rage: Wednesday, 3 days ago, I was 290.1; this morning I am 294.3! I am trying to stay happy that I am under 300 (as of the first of this year) but I didn't make that milestone just to get stuck again 10lbs later! I have been chasing the 280s for 2 months now! I am frustrated !
  • KATRENAJ
    KATRENAJ Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Steady loss. But in great pain today,. I went to a Yoga/Mindful Meditation class that was termed for Grievers. So I assumed it would be gentle. Got in and realized it was much too advanced for me. Teacher kept trying to get me in a pose and I told her it was hurting my back. Finally broke out in a cold sweat and had to go to back of class and lie down. Teacher was nice and had me lie down with feet up on wall, but I am swollen and in pain. Going to have to go back on anti depressant meds. Just cant pull this off without them. Tried but I am just getting more depressed

MERMAID: That is so frustrating. Try doing something different if you are stuck. Little more exercise or little less carbs or calories. Just something to get you moving. I know, easier said than done

Nikion - I miss Robin dont you, Has anyone heard from her? Thanks for keeping the challenges going

• Nikion901
    Options
    Saturday Success ... 3 days ago I weighed in at my 3 month challenge for the week ending March 26 ... that's this week! ...I wasn't able to hold on to it for more than that one day but I know that once I've seen it that I'll see it again ... just need to keep myself following the feed plan that I know works for me to lose weight ... keeping my carbohydrate intake under 45%.

NSV ... the chiropractor spinal adjustments seem to be helping.