Options

Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,626 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    obl4niacqu5i.jpg
    Morning my peeps
    Fir damnit- yogi on left, bullwinkle the only girl in middle and Floyd on right
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Kate UK <3
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,962 Member
    Options
    :) I think there might be one or more copies of "Strong Women Stay Young" available. If you want the book, send me a private message with your full name and mailing address and when one is available I'll have it sent to you.
  • pipcd34
    Options
    cukzapxo5qxr.jpg
    Tired boy, he says the ball is thirsty
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Taking in the sun 234ys8bi36tc.jpg
    while yogi goes nuts chasing the ball, young kid
  • grogers511
    grogers511 Posts: 476 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Accountability Post
    March Goals
    Friday's Progress (3/24)
    ✔1. Carbs 50-75g (limit 25g/meal)
    (B0, L5, D20, AS5, BBS24= 54)
    ✔2. Fiber 30g (12g)
    ✔3. Track/complete entry daily
    ✔4. Vegetables - big salad daily
    5. Exercise - log 30 Fitbit minutes.
    ✔6. No eating after 9pm.
    ✔7. In bed by midnight.
    8. Declutter: ✔Office Supplies, Electronics, Music, Craft Supplies, Cleaning Supplies, ✔Utility Drawer, Utility Closet

Need to commit to walking.

Have a great day!
    --Ginger in Texas
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,766 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Katla ... interesting observation about female doctors. My primary care physician is a woman and my husband's is a man. My care is far superior in my opinion. Can't stand his doctor.
  • grogers511
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Lanette - I liked Whitechapel. I've watched so many British detective series. Broadchurch. Foyle's War is a favorite of mine. Of course Poirot and Miss Marple. And Midsomer Murders is also a favorite. Inspector Lewis, Inspector Morse, Endeavor. Vera, Prime Suspect. Rosemary and Thyme was fun. The Last Detective. I've been watching Grantchester more recently. And there are more on my list...

--Ginger in Texas
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Kim, thanks so much for the suggestion on using an address book. Looks like I need a trip to the dollar store. My current system is to write them on a piece of paper. One of my girls got me a box of pieces of paper, I'd say they are 2x2 in a little box. They are in a nice neat stack in one of my shelves at my desk. But to find a password I have to pick up the stack and go through each one until I find what I want.

I remember when JFK was killed. Like so many of you here, I was in middle school. We had a large room with a big TV, well as big as they came way back then, and we of course were sitting in typical school desks. This was the room everyone gathered in every morning for announcements. So we were all called there and watched. It is extremely hard for me to cry so I doubt i did. But there was one girl whose last name was Kennedy and she really lost it. I don't remember them offering to send us home. When you are in a rural community and you all got there on busses, you just can't send them home. But they did send this girl home at her request. Now on 9/11, I was glued to the TV for days. I kept our newspapers for a full month. I still have them in a protective bag.

Re, congrats on forgetting to eat chocolate!!!! I don't ever see me doing that. You know chocolate is actually Vitamin C? Yeah, doctors have been trying to tell us otherwise for years.

Happy birthday Barbie, you are our glue.

My SIL finally posted the video of my oldest DGD show choir. I know she is tall and that maybe is the reason she is in the back all the time. But another reason is that she really can't dance that well. She inherited that from her Mom. But she sure is pretty. She inherited that from me! LOL

You all are welcome to come up to my neck of the woods. The total solar eclipse will be best viewed from a small town not far from here. I feel very sorry for them. But they are planning all sorts of events. We can join a tour from our museum for $150 each for round trip bus, catered lunch, expert lecture on the way down there and viewing on a huge telescope. I am satisfied to jsut stay here and read about it.

Joyce, Indiana
  • grogers511
    Options
    I use a"bullet journal" using the concept created by Ryder Carroll. Mine is a composition notebook. I've always been a planner. I keep some things on lists in my phone and definitely any appointments - but I like paper and pen. It serves as a planning calendar, a to do list, goal tracker, menu planner, journal... I keep passwords on index cards (taped to a page with washi tape) that I can move from one year's journal to the next. My husband keeps his in an address book.

--Ginger in Texas
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,297 Member
    Options
    I didn't watch Whitechapel as I'm not keen on costume dramas. Right now we have new series of Vera and Broadchurch. Really enjoying them.

When Kennedy was killed I was in my bedroom in the early evening. I remember my mother calling out to me and coming up the stairs. "Kennedy's been shot!" she said. I came out onto the landing and we just stood in shock. I went down to the living room to watch the television and all that was on the screen was the world going round and round as we waited for the news that he had died.

My rabbit stew was fabulous!

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,073 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Lanette love the cartoon!

I am currently watching old episodes of Rosemary and Thyme. Love it partly because they create such gorgeous gardens in the series.

:heart: Margaret
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    BarbieHAPPY BIRTHDAY! And meeting another ‘head-strong’ Aries!

Thanks to all who enjoyed my poem. It was something that has given me some Karma (for myself – the good kind). A lot don't necessarily think it is a 'positive' poem. Maybe the circumstances were not good; but, the aftermath was great.

Beth – My middle sister will NOT go to a male MD; she has had really bad experiences with them. In fact, one – who was a neighbor – did not diagnose a blockage of her bowels; and, when she went to another one (female this time) she told her that she’d be ‘dead’ if it had caused a hole in it, she’d probably would died and have sepsis. Which would be difficult to treat; maybe impossible. They removed the blockage and she had to wear a bag; but, there were able to reattach it later. I really liked my first Neurologist – a young, black woman; but, she moved to Atlanta and the other one in the office had too many patients of her own. The have hired one that is only ‘in the office’ part-time and is slow to return calls (other than to other MDs). He is also a little weird. He'll be talking to you and lift his head slightly and his eyes will roll up in his head. Last time I went was the first time he spent any time with me, other than to ask 'how I was doing'. We’re trying to do so changes in our life insurance and having trouble getting the MDs to release our records. It’s been so long that I think we will probably keep what we have. But, Louis is 75 and it won’t last until he is 80. What we are looking at is a life-time policy.

Chris – My son would say that he ‘sounds like a teenager’. He used to tell the DGDs [when they were old enough to go on a car date] ‘when a teenager tells you that he loves you; he is only looking for a way to get into your panties’. He has told the girls that so often that I don’t think they will ever believe it when ‘anybody’ tells them ‘they love her’. I don’t like a man who comes on strong. My DOGD has seen a lot of DDnL#1's nieces get pregnant before they should.

Pip – I received an email from a former HS classmate who sent me several pictures of ‘stacked wood’ … so amazing the things they made it look like. That would take a lot of thought and writing down which piece would go where. Like a fish, leaf, house, dogs, owls, and some other things you'd never think of doing.

Lenora
  • AKcanookie
    AKcanookie Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    7njefp5vzfoj.gif

In two weeks hubby and I are headed to Ft Lauderdale and Cape Coral. In Ft Lauderdale we are attending the wedding of one of two young ladies my husband helped to raise when they were little. Their mum was married to his next door neighbor who was a bad dude - even on America's Most Wanted at one point. When he went on the lamb the mom was left alone with two little girls 13 months apart in age. My husband stepped up and helped her out with child care, meals and babysat them during their formative years - while their mum met and eventually married their step dad - an upstanding nice guy in the air force. The girls went through school getting straight A's and the one who is getting married is an accomplished college grad with a great job, and the other is on her way to becoming a doctor. They've been a big part of our lives, and we couldn't be prouder of all of their accomplishments. It will be great to see them all again. Then we are off to Cape Coral to visit with a friend and former coworker of mine - a great gal who found herself with 8 kids and divorced for a second time. I talked her into online dating and she met and married the love of her life - now living a wonderful life in Florida.

The one downside to this trip is that because of my autoimmune disease(s), and Florida is a "hot" state, my clothing is more suited to Alaska temps. I have extensive plaque psoriasis that was made worse after numerous dermatologists and various treatments. Coconut oil has been a good friend to me in helping to keep the psoriasis calmer, but lets face it, its pretty unsightly. I'm considering using some UV-B tanning sessions prior to the trip - I had done it years ago and it helped out quite a bit but how safe are the newer tanning processes? I used UVB treatment at the dermatologists office and they burned me severely 3 years ago. I'm not eligible for the new oral treatments due to NASH of my liver, and a family history of pancreatic cancer. I'm thinking I'm being selfish about this concern with my appearance - but it would be so nice to look nice - for once.

Glad to read your friendly posts again.

My word for 2017 is “Mindfulness”
    .. age 52 -34 lbs lost 50lbs to go! 1200 cal/day avg.

pN7OV0H.jpgpN7Om9.png

8810746.png

Marni in Alaska
    eto1gulvftjn.gif
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Yyyyy
  • grogers511
    edited March 2017
    Options
    When Kennedy was shot - I was in the 1st grade in a Catholic school. The nuns cried. We stopped what we were doing and prayed. The day before the assassination - I saw Kennedy in Houston as his motorcade traveled from Hobby Airport. My little red brick school house stood on the corner of Broadway and the Gulf Freeway (I-45). All the students in our 3 grades there - were outside standing on the corner waving at him as he smiled and waved at us. My mother was there also. We were so proud to have a Catholic president and we prayed for him and our nation often. I remember feeling very sad - and seeing my parents very sad and worried.

--Ginger in Texas
  • pipcd34
    Options
    9q7hlrdnw9tb.jpg
    pgffeo7m0skn.jpg
    rrd2y5zzk6p2.jpg
    Kids taking a nap, chef KIRBY working on dinner. Ahhhhhh