I need some nonjudgemental (relationship) advice

Options

Replies

• JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    You found a sperm donor on craigslist. Not judging. Nope. Not me.
  • jessiferrrb
    jessiferrrb Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    i wouldn't go back. it seems like you're more casual about the relationship than he is and he isn't handling that very well. cut your losses, move on, he sounds like a controlling insecure person who could become volatile. and truthfully, he doesn't have much reason to trust you based on past behavior. NOT that it excuses blatant violation of your privacy, but you guys don't seem suited for each other.
  • PrincessMel72
    PrincessMel72 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    @Cutaway_Collar You're not the first person who's told me that! And one of his ex girlfriends found me on Facebook through one of his family members that I'm still friends with and contacted me asking me if he did the same things to me as he'd done to her. We became fast friends, comparing our very parallel lives with this man. We even contacted the new wife to let her know what he'd done to us. Of course, she's already brainwashed. It's very sad that he gets away with his horrific behavior. He's super smooth and manipulates people so well. He's a sociopath
  • lutzsher
    lutzsher Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    There are just SO many people who stay in a bad relationship because they love the "idea" of how good the relationship "could" be. They don't confront the reality of what it actually is. Love is a two way street but to actually be truly in a loving relationship there has to be respect and trust. If there is not respect and trust then you are just kidding yourself and should RUN, not walk away.
    Jealousy and mistrust has no place in a truly loving relationship. I have been with my husband for 20 years and have never once felt that he was controlling nor has he displayed any of the awful traits you describe. That is NOT love, it is a controlling boy that you need to block and stay away from. You deserve a true love not this boy-child.
  • happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    Everyone makes mistakes but they don't deserve to continuously be punished or treated badly for it. What you described and that's all I have to go by, this relationship sounds toxic. And while people can change, from my experience it usually takes longer than a couple weeks or days (or most of the time even years).

Doesn't sound promising. Good luck
  • elpint0r
    elpint0r Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Not judging but why would you even want to go back?

I have feelings for him, he was good to me before all of this nonsense. It's hard.
  • strshllw84
    strshllw84 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I have been in this type of situation, twice. It doesn't get better. It gets worse. The first relationship ended with me being slammed against a wall while pregnant and on the phone with my mother who hung up on me and called 911.
    The second​ one didn't make it quite that far but pretty close to it.
    If you need to talk to someone about any of this feel free to message me.
  • tammytams74
    tammytams74 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Run and don't look back , its been my experience you cant be just friends with these types , they have all the right things to say to draw you back in. Its best to block all contact and move on . Listen to your instinct its telling you something's wrong.
  • xsmilexforxmex
    xsmilexforxmex Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    "Over-caring", Gaslighting, Love Bombing, Controlling who you talk to, Stalking... This pattern will only get worse if you give him another chance. Don't go back.