Hotties With Bodies (Closed Group)

Options

Replies

• USAFwifey12
    USAFwifey12 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Kerri, someone else has posted the same link you gave us about the scale vs. measurements and is spreading it around MFP :happy:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/295583-155-lbs-of-overweightness-versus-155-lbs-of-muscle
  • LurayneMarie
    LurayneMarie Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Just stumbled across this woman. She seems to have some good info! Especially in the second blog on plateaus!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/bjohs/view/small-weight-gain-don-t-panic-127354

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/bjohs/view/plateau-vs-chocolate-who-won-116497
  • Lindz8afish
    Lindz8afish Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Alright, quick post before getting back to packing (ugh).

My goals while we're up north are:
    -Complete week 2 of Insanity
    -Drink lots of water
    -Watch my portions and don't over indulge
    -Get a family walk in each morning

I will post my weeks total for calories burned Saturday after my workout. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend and stay strong weekend pact-ers :)
  • Becky011
    Becky011 Posts: 384
    Options
    Robin the map is awesome!! :)
    Ladies, Challenge of the day for you: Tell me one thing that has made you smile or feel good today.

I'm a day late on this (: but it felt really good to accomplish some things at work. People underestimate me and it is nice to prove them wrong and show that I can do big things. I love working with my clients to think more strategically about their business. It is a great feeling!
  • mamunroe
    mamunroe Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Week 1(07.08.2011): 136.18 lbs
    Week 2(07.15.2011): ====
    Week 3(07.22.2011): 136.4 lbs
    Week 4(07.29.2011):
    Week 5(08.05.2011):
    Week 6(08.12.2011):
    Week 7(08.19.2011):
    Week 8(08.26.2011):
    Week 9(09.02.2011):
    Week 10(09.09.2011):
    Week 11(09.16.2011):
    Week 12(09.23.2011):
    Week 13(09.30.2011):

Good Morning Ladies!! I'm up just a bit this week to 136.4 lbs. TOM is in the house and I ate out last night before Cirque du Soliel which was AWESOME!! Long since learned not to beat myself up over meals enjoyed. Kept it resonable though with a panini and sweet potatoe fries YUM. Been really busy this week and will be away again this weekend so I will catch up on Mon my day off.
  • mamarundrc
    mamarundrc Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    7/8: 162.0
    7/15: 162.0
    7/22: 160.6

I am glad to see a loss. I had a really good week. I pushed myself harder than I have been this summer and have been staying mostly on track with food. I have for the most gotten my sodium consumption under control. I still struggle to drink water daily but it is getting easier.

I will not be finishing my 100 squats today. I have done 50 but my back is wicked sore so I am going to take it easy today. I am not sure yet if it is going to be a complete rest day or if I might go for a walk or something late tonight.

I can't believe it is the weekend already. Tomorrow is going to be a tough day. Tomorrow is my cousins annual Guac off. It is a guacamole competition with some of my cousins. There is going to be tons of guacamole and chips, food, and drinks. My husband is going with me so he is going to try and help me not completely overindulge. Needless to say, I am not tracking tomorrow (I wouldn't know how to begin).

Have a great weekend!
  • LurayneMarie
    LurayneMarie Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Week 1(07.08.2011): 154.4 lbs
    Week 2(07.15.2011): 155.6 lbs
    Week 3(07.22.2011): 154.6 lbs
    Week 4(07.29.2011):
    Week 5(08.05.2011):
    Week 6(08.12.2011):
    Week 7(08.19.2011):
    Week 8(08.26.2011):
    Week 9(09.02.2011):
    Week 10(09.09.2011):
    Week 11(09.16.2011):
    Week 12(09.23.2011):
    Week 13(09.30.2011):

Ok so this week, I ate pretty close to my net cals, didn't get in much exercise, didn't weigh myself for the week, did ok with water intake and Im down 1lb. Not much but its a step in the right direction.

Also today, Im starting my day upset and stressed and generally crap because my darling boyfriend called over last night with some surprising news for me. I know he's going to New Zealand for the Rugby World cup for the month of September and he's been planning this since around Christmas. He's going with a friend of ours and I was a bit upset at the start that he'd be gone for a whole month. In 4 years we haven't been apart for more than 2 weeks! So Ive been kinda dreading the arrival of September for the past few months but I had accepted that its only a month and it'll be grand, he'll have a great time and then everything will be back to normal.
    But last night he calls over and tells me that when he gets to New Zealand he's thinking of staying there for a further 6 months and go travelling around Australia. What the hell am I supposed to do with that? He's leaving in 4 weeks, you don't arrive at this decision overnight. He asked me what I felt about it, was I mad at him, was I worried? Of course I am. He said I should go with him which is a ridiculous request with 4 weeks notice. If he knew he wanted to leave his job and go travelling for a while he should have told me a Christmas and we could have been saving up.
    I don't know what to do now. Im jealous that he's going to be off seeing the world without me. These are things I want to experience too but I would never have gone ahead and organized to do it without him. I feel like crap. I can't go 6 months without him, he's my best friend and my soulmate. If he goes in September then he'll be gone for our 4 year anniversary and for Christmas. I'll be heart broken.
    Im not good at talking about emotional things with him because I ALWAYS end up crying and I don't like crying in front of him. So I don't know if I should tell him how upset I am over this. I don't want to hold him back from doing something he really wants to do but I would like if he wanted to share those experiences with me. Obviously that isnt the case :(
    I feel like Im being left behind. I dont have the money to just get up and go to the other side of the world for 6 months.

I dunno. Ive just been crying all morning. I don't know what to say. This is a situation that definitely calls for some excessive over-eating! but Im not giving into that. I don't wanna feel any worse than I do right now :ohwell:

Ok blubbering rant is over, thanks for listening. I need to start thinking of what Im going to do
  • kerriBB37
    kerriBB37 Posts: 967 Member
    Options
    Lorraine! AHHHHH! It's ok to be upset, jealous and angry! I would be too!!!!!! I have NO idea how I would handle a situation like that. =( I am so sorry dear. Tj and I haven't been apart for more than 2 days. I feel like I would absolutely die if I had to go 4 weeks OR 6 months!! I think just be 100% honest with him. I know you are confident in your relationship so you need not "worry" while he is over there. If you could go for a short time to visit him while he is going, maybe you could save now and see him down the road a bit. Has he honestly just decided this over night? Sounds like knee-jerk reaction, maybe he will not go thru with it? I will pray for that! =) I'm all about people exploring on their own and spreading their wings, but to devastate the love of their life is not worth it in my opinion. You should experience that together esp if you are soulmates and besties. Best of luck sweetheart!
  • mamarundrc
    mamarundrc Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    Lorraine- Definitely tell him what you are feeling. If you don't and he goes you may start to resent him when he is telling you about what he is seeing and then when you explode (which you probably will at some point) it could seriously damage your relationship. Talk to him about it, and see how he reacts. I can't imagine not seeing my hubby for 6 months. If he decides to go still maybe you can work with him to start saving up so you can join him for part of the trip. If he knows how badly you want to go with him, maybe he will postponed the extended stay part of the trip and you guys can do it together next year. I hope things work out. That is a trip I desparately want to do but I don't know that I will ever have the money together to be able to go.
  • dezil
    dezil Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Week 1(07.08.2011): 159.4
    Week 2(07.15.2011): 159.2
    Week 3(07.22.2011): 159
    Week 4(07.29.2011):
    Week 5(08.05.2011):
    Week 6(08.12.2011):
    Week 7(08.19.2011):
    Week 8(08.26.2011):
    Week 9(09.02.2011):
    Week 10(09.09.2011):
    Week 11(09.16.2011):
    Week 12(09.23.2011):
    Week 13(09.30.2011):

Hey Hotties~ I've been kind of MIA this week. I did get some DIY stuff done for the wedding last night that has been a project I've been working on and plotting for literally a year! So, I'm excited, and a bit relieved!!! Wedding in 36 days, and I'm so pumped!!!!!!!!! I made it to all 3 of my spin classes this week! I over slept once last week and once the week before, and was beginning to wonder if I was getting 'lazy' but I just hated not feeling the way I do after an unbelievable workout.. so this week, I'm back at it! No lazyness.... ;)

I burned 2318 in calories. Again, I'm happy about this number. It's fun seeing how far we traveled together last week, I'm excited to see where we get to this week....

I didn't do my squats this week.. and I have NO idea how I forgot! So... that's my goal for this weekend! Get some workouts/walks in/and do 100 squats!!!!

Hope you all have a fab wknd!!! xoxo Desirae
  • janana81
    janana81 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Awww Lorraine! :( I am so sorry you're having a poopy day. :( I would be lost and devastated without my husband for 6 months! I had a heck of a time when he had to go to Minnesota for 2 weeks for work.

I think you need to be 100% honest with him. If you wait, and he goes...it'll be too late to tell him how you really feel.

Maybe if you tellh im you really do want to do the travelling with him, and maybe you can focus on it next year then maybe he will cut that trip short, come home and you two can go later on. Or you could try and save up and meet him for a few weeks around Christmas time?

I hope it all goes well and in the end you are happy! Sending you some big ol' hugs!
  • janana81
    janana81 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    07/08 = 125.2
    07/15 = 123.4
    07/22 = 122.6

7.6 more lbs to go to meet my goal. Then tone, tone tone! hehe.
  • USAFwifey12
    Options
    Jen, GREAT WORK! You're so close, keep it up!

Desirae, I had no idea your wedding was so close! How exciting, I'm glad everything is coming together so well. We did everything for my sister's wedding, decorations, food, flowers, and all so I know how stressful DIY can be but sounds like you're really on top of it! YAY!

Lorraine, I completely agree with Dani on this. As much as you don't like to be emotional in front of him, if he is your best friend you should be able to go to him with anything. If you don't talk to him about this now you WILL resent him for it and it will start to chip away at your relationship (been there done that). It is shocking that he would tell you with such short notice. It sounds like he waited until he had made his decision on this to actually talk to you about it which is not fair to you because 6 months is a very long time. I also think saving now and then joining him in a few months would be a great idea. Tell him you're excited for him to travel and grow but you want to be a part of it with him and that you needed longer than a month to prepare for it. Best of luck talking to him and don't give in the the emotional eating! If you 2 have been together for this long you WILL come through this, no doubt about it! I have a couple friends with military spouse's and though its hard, they make it through the distance and time apart.

Well I know I said no weighing in for a month but I was feeling really good this morning so I got on the scale and I'm really happy with what I'm seeing. I've dropped 7 lbs this past month which is really good for me, I'm almost positive is because I'm actually working out now! I still will only be weighing in every 2 weeks or more. I have no desire to get on the scale every week and play mind games with myself.

SW (07.08.2011): 168
    Week 1(07.15.2011): - - -
    Week 2(07.22.2011): 163.4
  • kerriBB37
    Options
    07/08 = ?
    07/15 = ?
    07/22 = 167.8

I have only weighed myself twice in the last 7 weeks, I just am totally over the scale. I need to go by how my clothes are fitting and how I feel overall. When I started CrossFit I was 171, after 7 weeks I am 167.8. I know that I have worked out every day that I could and have done the best I could with watching what I eat. Life gets in the way sometimes but I'm optimisitic I can handle it. This past week (started Monday morning after a rather large binge Sunday) I started the Paleo diet--very strict, no carbs, dairy, legumes, etc.. Just lean meats, nuts, veggies and some fruit. I had two cheats the whole work week. Monday night a oatmeal raisin cookie and last night 1/2 a cheesebread stick! I think that's progress!! I didn't think I could last. Today I forgot my nuts and dried friut and I'm bummed! I had to eat hard boiled eggs and turkey sausages as my snacks, it's not what I prefer! Good thing my lunch pack is stuffed with random Paleo foods!

I think I will continue to weigh in on Friday's. Just to see. The past 2 weeks I have tried to add in more cardio (walks, jogs with friends on a local trail.) I know that CrossFit is great strength training but I don't feel it's enough cardio for me. Most folks there are buff and ripped and do this stuff to get stronger and bigger. None of the women have had much success with 'weight loss' and we are alll trying to change our mindsets. I think sneaking in some cardio would do me good!

Weekend goals:
    -concert tonight with friend, I have told her I am NOT going to drink booze so she packed me lots of water in the cooler! =)
    -continue to eat Paleo Saturday and Sunday (weekend will be BIG test as I always do good during the work week)
    -tomorrow is Murph at CrossFit, it's a hero workout, for time, 1 mile run + 100 pullups + 200 pushups + 300 squats + another 1 mile run. SHOULD BE FUN, NOTTT! lol
    -concert Saturday night and bar with friends for TJ's best friends b-day, this will be hard!!! I am thinking of ditching the "after party" lol
    -sunday goal is workout, maybe walk dogs and work on cleaning up house
    -no water goals as I usually always drink PLENTY during the day..
  • USAFwifey12
    Options
    Ok, I just saw a girl on here with a GW of 80 LBS!!!! Unless she's 4' 6" and works out 5 days a week that is NOT a healthy weight!!! Her profile says "I want to be a walking stick" Since when did that become desirable or in the least bit acceptable????
  • kerriBB37
    Options
    Ok, I just saw a girl on here with a GW of 80 LBS!!!! Unless she's 4' 6" and works out 5 days a week that is NOT a healthy weight!!! Her profile says "I want to be a walking stick" Since when did that become desirable or in the least bit acceptable????

wtf! is it a joke?! that's literally less than 1/2 of me! yikes!!
  • USAFwifey12
    Options

wtf! is it a joke?! that's literally less than 1/2 of me! yikes!!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/295630--happy-weight

Check out that thread, I did it for ****s and giggles and i think the weight it gave me was too low but everyone else seems to think theirs was a bit high. Why would you want to look like a stick? Another girl who is 5'5" said she's 109 lbs, that's my minimum weight on BMI (yes i know BMI is a load of crap because of muscle factor but just a reference) and I'm 2 inches SHORTER than her!!! I just do not understand.......

EDIT: MFP automatically sensors cuss words now, I just find that humorous. I was like wait a minute, I didn't put those stars there lol
  • kerriBB37
    Options
    I posted it to our FB page so everyone could try it!
  • kerriBB37
    Options
    Here is a link that I would like to propose for next week's physical challenge:

http://www.self.com/fitness/workouts/2011/07/amazing-arms-video

For me, the arms are the biggest problem area! =) I plan to do twice a week.
  • Lindz8afish
    Lindz8afish Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Hey girls! I'm on my phone, horrible service so I will make this short. I burned 3203 calories this week! Hope you all are having a great weekend. I'm not logging but I'm being good :)