• jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    @TK6299 My poor body knows this struggle all too well :lol:

And can I just add that my partner and I are free of trainees for today and tomorrow. We are WAY too excited about this.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    I must say I like working alone and driving around between building checks listening to Public Radio and the BBC and Deutsche Welle. I've paid my dues in training time with newbies, glad I don't have to right now.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    I tell people that I work nights, for a reason, lol! Daytime is often too peopley for me.
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    I tell people that I work nights, for a reason, lol! Daytime is often too peopley for me.

I miss nights for this reason. We only had one person come to nights to train and she was going to night shift on the other rotation and was just about done. Easy peasy. Dayshift is getting to be too much but no going back to nights. One of our trainees will be headed there next week when she's done with class. We're back down to 1 trainee which is much easier.
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,205 Member
    Options
    Lost my other vet. I'm back up to 118 hours a week. We are looking for another vet in case anyone knows of one.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    @sufferlandrian:
    118 hrs!!!
    58828807.jpg
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Bummer. What happened to the other vet, if I can ask?
  • TK6299
    TK6299 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    @bethanie0825 Enjoy the time, it will be gone before you know it.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Working shift work flipping schedules was causing some sleep issues. He was having conversations with people while still asleep. He wouldn't remember the conversation 30 minutes later. He always took good care of the pets but the techs had to keep on top of him when it came to giving instructions or talking to clients. He's one of those people who just can't flip schedules. Still a great vet, but he needs to stay on the same schedule or he gets to him.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    @canadjineh - Yep. It's five 14 hour shifts and one 48 hour shift. If we haven't found someone by the time the holidays roll around it will be even more. I'm grabbing naps at work whenever I can. I have an amazing staff. They know their jobs well and make sure I don't have to follow up behind them. I can't tell you what an asset these folks are to me. There is no way I could do this job without them. Truly an amazing collection of techs.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Darn it. My blocked cat is back and blocked again. Time to change up meds and try again.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Do Peanut M&Ms count for snacking on nuts?
  • JLynRN
    JLynRN Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Boring night on the MICU. Acuity is way down.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Nothing like walking in to a total mess. Day crew still in surgery with a case they aren't sure what happened. Surgery didn't go well. Patient is alive but they don't know why a big cysts formed in the abdomen so we can't tell the client a prognosis. Patents were backed up in the waiting room and now I'm trying to clear them out.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    It's unseasonably cold here, even for Missouri, and it's been rainy for a couple of days now. I don't mind the rain so much (umbrellas and rain boots, amiright?), but I really want it to be warmer.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I don't mind the cold or rain. I hate when it's windy. I'm not sure why but I find wind to be depressing.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Long hair+lip gloss+ wind= :|
    Otherwise I'm fairly indifferent, as long as it's not cold.