Just for Today ..... Daily Commitment Thread- Start of a new year!

Replies

• cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,452 Member
    Yesterday Sat. 4/1/17
    1) Walk in 10K event in less time than last year - Yes! I walked in the Badger State Brewing 10K with a time of 1:35:42....that's 2:05 faster than last year's event. Average pace of 15:26 / mile. I am so happy! :smiley:
    2) Update March monthly goals and set goals for April - Yes :smile:

And even though I didn't list it yesterday, I flossed = Day 7 :smiley:

Just for today Sun. 4/2/17
    1) Walk dog
    2) De-poop backyard :wink:
    3) Floss
    4) Bedtime by 10:30 no TV...start the work week out right
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,322 Member
    Hi everyone! I love some of the ideas on here and love the enthusiasm and support for each other. I miss it a lot when I miss for a few days. The goal of eating a planned lunch even on weekends really resounds with me. I just grab stuff randomly and stuff it in my mouth without journaling it because in my mind "it doesn't really matter because it was ONLY a handful"... yeah, right!

Finally got my sewing room set up in the basement yesterday so I'm really excited! Spent 3 hours at JoAnn's yesterday buying new fabrics.

I'm not going backwards to find my Friday post because I blew it completely at my boss's retirement party and am looking forward now.

J4T: Sunday
    1. Be mindful of what I eat and journal every bite. Detox from sugar.
    2. WATER! I need to be very mindful of this. My fingers are like little sausages because i haven't been drinking enough water.
    3. Hang a summer outfit where I see it every day, to remind self of goal to be comfortable in shorts this year.
    4. FILE TAXES
    5. Pay bills
    6. Walk outside or on treadmill today. Get some exercise. No excuses!
    7. Prep veggies and fruits for the week, so they are easy to grab
    8. Sew on the lap quilt I started about a year ago!
    9. Read out of Simple Abundance, do homework and write in gratitude journal
    10. Bed early tonight. Watch The Walking Dead and the unplug for the night.

April's Goal:

1. Lose 5 lbs of fat/water and gain muscle mass
    2. Make exercise a habit and priority at least 4 times per week
    3. Continue working on clarity of what stresses me out, can I change it and how, and if I can't change it, how do I let it go?

2017 Word: Serenity and Simplicity

Happy Sunday everyone! I hope you all are having a fantastic weekend! :smile: Keep up the good work and thanks for the motivation...
  • PackerFanInGB
    Found my March goals. Didn't do so hot! Went backwards. Really eye opening! Good motivation for April!
    Goals for March:
    1. Drop one size in pants :s Nope. Belly bloat came back because I caved to carb cravings.
    2. Make exercise a habit at least 3 times a week. :( Nope. Just haven't found a way to enjoy it, but it's getting nice now so hoping to walk more at least.
    3. Eliminate added sugar :s See #1. So mad at myself! Starting over today on this one.
    4. Hit my water intake goal 24 of 31 days :/ I doubt it.
    5. Write down 5 things I'm grateful for at the end of each day, no matter how big or small. :) I do this every single night before bed. Makes my perspective better before I try to fall asleep so I don't obsess about the day.

• kirbygirl41
    kirbygirl41 Posts: 304 Member
    4/2
    Walk 2 miles :) 10,000 steps
    Log and stay under my goal :)
    Read and study :)
    Drink my water!!! :)

4/3
    20 minute exercise video
    7000 steps
    Log and stay under goal (daughter is making cupcakes tonight just for the fun of it, now I have to keep from eating them! >:) )
    Read and study
    Carry water bottle around. Drink water instead of caffeinated drink.
  • mary_clinton6
    mary_clinton6 Posts: 74 Member
    How my goals went today:
    1. Like 600 over calorie limit and I don't care. Tonight's been bad at work and I emotionally ate.
    2. Salad went bad :(
    3. So far so good.

Yea..
  • lolakinks
    lolakinks Posts: 367 Member
    Today I will:
    1. be under my calorie goal.
    2. not take sugar.
    3. burn at least 300 calories.
    4. do at least 15*2 push ups.
    5. try to eat less carbs.
  • mary_clinton6
    mary_clinton6 Posts: 74 Member
    Just for monday..
    1. Be at or below my calorie goal! :)
    2. Go to a park if it's nice out. Walk, feed ducks
    3. eat 1 serving of veggies today.
  • shenna333
    shenna333 Posts: 100 Member

Just for today: Sunday

Shopping. I do pretty good with this. Need to purchase more veggies prep and eat them. :) did good, but didn't prep them
    Get some things done around the house- :/ honestly, I just get tired of picking up after everyone. Had a lazy day

Just for today: Monday

Stretch
    Water 8
    Cook a healthy meal for family
    Tidy house. Will be twice as bad today....

@cschmitz110515 I think it's great you do these races. I've been thinking about it myself the last few years. Walking of course. Can't seem to find anyone interested and able to go with me. I think some of them would be a fun out of town excursion for me.

It's Monday!! New day, new week, new month. Rock it!!
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,452 Member
    Yesterday Sun. 4/2/17
    1) Walk dog - Yes, walked 3.56 miles :smile:
    2) De-poop backyard :wink: Yes, so glad this is done before all the rain moved in :D
    3) Floss - Yes Day 8....must be a record! :smiley:
    4) Bedtime by 10:30 no TV...start the work week out right - Yes 10:20 :smile:

Just for today M 4/3/17
    1) Keep total calories w/i 100 of daily goal
    2) Stairs > 25 flights (rainy day, staying inside & no treadmill plans)
    3) Evening, do laundry and at least one more item on to-do list
    4) Floss
    5) Bedtime by 10:30 and TV off

@shenna333 Thanks! Sat. my brother ran (he's training for a marathon) while I walked and SIL waited at the finish line. I've been walking in events since early 1990s....I'm 59. For one event, I have around 25 t-shirts! Started doing events with friends, but over time they all dropped out / moved away / etc. I kept going, alone, and at first I felt self-conscious, but started to notice that others also participate alone. Now I make sure to enjoy the people-watching opportunities, thank the traffic officers/volunteers, sometimes make a new friend on the course, and just enjoy the energy of each event. I don't really care much that I walk alone, and I always have a time-goal that I want to finish in. I enter local events....too lazy to get up extra early or travel. Living in Green Bay, WI, there is usually a 5K in the city or area every month of the year, even during winter. I encourage everyone to find an event and do it! :)
  • PackerFanInGB
    J4T: Sunday
    1. Be mindful of what I eat and journal every bite. Detox from sugar. :) Did really well until I hit the chocolate at 9pm before bed. WHY DO I SABOTAGE MYSELF EVERY SINGLE NIGHT? UGH!
    2. WATER! I need to be very mindful of this. My fingers are like little sausages because i haven't been drinking enough water. :/
    3. Hang a summer outfit where I see it every day, to remind self of goal to be comfortable in shorts this year. :/
    4. FILE TAXES :) Didn't actually file them, but they are done and ready to go at the push of a button.
    5. Pay bills :)
    6. Walk outside or on treadmill today. Get some exercise. No excuses! :/ Yeah...that didn't happen again.
    7. Prep veggies and fruits for the week, so they are easy to grab :/ Didn't go grocery shopping so maybe I can do this tonight if husband goes shopping today.
    8. Sew on the lap quilt I started about a year ago! :) I did! Man, I haven't looked at it in over a year, so it was difficult to figure out the size squares I was using and what order they needed to be in, but I did finish my last 9-patch square and can start piecing the top together now. Loved how it took my mind off of work!
    9. Read out of Simple Abundance, do homework and write in gratitude journal :)
    10. Bed early tonight. Watch The Walking Dead and the unplug for the night. :)

J4T - Monday
    1. Journal every bite
    2. Low carbs- stay under 75g
    3. 64 oz of water
    4. Activity - total of 30 minutes

5. Earbuds to stay in happy place today. No stress, no drama.
    6. Make someone smile today
    7. Unplug, read and journal one hour before bed.

If I can just do the first 4 of these, I will be super happy! Those are my focus today. If I cannot do these this week, I am going to start over next week with only 1 or 2 of them for my daily goal and focus on just getting those down first. I really need to get off the sugar. It's so bad for me. I have to find creative ways to remind myself WHY I need to stay away from sugar.

Have a wonderful day everyone! New month, new week, new beginning! B)
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,181 Member
    JFT, Sunday
    1. finish dusting the guest room and our room :)
    2. finish planning out scavenger hunt for grandsons :)
    3. make out menu and grocery list for the week with grandsons :)
    4. work in the yard - weed my flower beds and put down mulch :)
    5. eat a planned lunch. Just because its the weekend, stop and sit at the kitchen table for lunch :) But still gave into easter candy at nite :/
    6. log all food :/
    7. carry my water bottle with me at all times to remind myself to drink :/
    8. go out for a walk today since I didn't get to the gym yet :) Only a very short 1 mile walk though :/
    9. lay out gym clothes for tomorrow morning :) Already went!
    10. get back on here tomorrow - be accountable :)
    11. stay away from the easter candy. Put it out of site. :/ Bought more plastic eggs - so now all the candy is in the eggs - so no more for me!
    12. remember how good it feels to eat healthy :)

JFT, Monday
    1. scrub floors
    2. help hubby with work - been slacking the past few days
    3. prepare to ship stuff this afternoon
    4. wash bathroom shower curtain and rugs
    5. vacuum and clean downstairs
    6. lay out gym clothes. Going to try and go to the gym before going to the airport to pick up DIL and grandsons!
    7. log all food
    8. carry my water bottle with me

I may be absent for the next few days with grandson here, but I'm going to try hard and eat healthy, and remember my water bottle. I do so much better food-wise when I sip on water, especially in the evenings. That is my worse time to snack!

Hope you all have a good day, and if I don't get on here, you all have a great week! I'm hoping to get lots of exercise with the grandsons!
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    edited April 2017
    joan6630 wrote: »

@azulvioleta6 - I don't know how you can dance for 3 hours!!! Wow! Its a lot of work, but I can see how much fun it it!

Danced for 4 hours on Saturday night...live music! In heels and a semi-formal dress.

Social dancing is much less of a workout than an intense Zumba class...plus you can sit out a song if you need to rest. :) I rarely do, but you CAN.

I'm so glad that you have found a good Zumba class and that you are enjoying it! I think that the calorie burns are accurate if you are in an intense class (they vary a LOT by instructor) and if you are really doing everything and keeping up with the instructor. A lot of people stand in the back and kind of pretend to dance...those people are not burning 800 calories in an hour.
  • azulvioleta6
    I have actually been fairly on track lately, but I have been a bit wabi-sabi about things...which is to say, I have not been setting concrete goals. Back to it!

Monday:
    1. Weigh in
    2. Plan and pre-track exercise for the week
    3. Track all food
    4. Under 100G carbs
    5. 60 minutes of gardening while the sun shines
    6. 60 minutes intense Zumba
    7. *maybe go to the city for a couple of hours of salsa*
    8. 10+ cups water
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,048 Member
    @OConnell5483

I'm struggling with sugar too!

But I've started by reducing my cups of tea from two sugars to one!

I've been thinking though and I'm going to get a jar and fill it with granulated sugar to the equivalent to what I eat per day/week or whatever
    And I'm hoping it will put things into perspective?

Maybe you could try it too?
  • dwntwn5
    dwntwn5 Posts: 69 Member
    Yesterday I didn't stop in on here but I did mentally do a JFT.

JFT Monday
    - Stay within calories - This is going to be tough. I made a pizza casserole yesterday and have it portioned out. I'm trying to see if I can actually enjoy it without going overboard!
    - Don't drink - I kicked butt at this one last week so we'll go at it again this week.
    - Drink more water during the day.

• mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,181 Member
    edited April 2017
    1. Be mindful of what I eat and journal every bite. Detox from sugar. :) Did really well until I hit the chocolate at 9pm before bed. WHY DO I SABOTAGE MYSELF EVERY SINGLE NIGHT? UGH!
    2. WATER! I need to be very mindful of this. My fingers are like little sausages because i haven't been drinking enough water. :/
    B)

I have the same problem with sugar and snacking in the evening!! So frustrating! I do excellent all day - even with the sugar intake. But drinking water has always been my problem, and snacking (mindless eating!) in the evening. I ruin the entire day in the evenings.
    I see many of us have this problem. Maybe we can start posting or writing in the evenings instead of snacking? WHat do you guys think -- before we grab sugary snacks, get on here?
    Maybe somehow we can support each other to conquer this sugar habit!
  • azulvioleta6
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    @OConnell5483

I'm struggling with sugar too!

But I've started by reducing my cups of tea from two sugars to one!

I've been thinking though and I'm going to get a jar and fill it with granulated sugar to the equivalent to what I eat per day/week or whatever
    And I'm hoping it will put things into perspective?

Maybe you could try it too?

Why not put Splenda or stevia in your tea?