Looking for friends who don't eat "clean" and healthy

Options

Replies

• Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    Options
    Had one of my favorite dinners last night at Larkburger. A 16oz bowl of chili and a small chocolate shake. Comes in a hair over 600 calories and it is so, so good.

It's Taco Tuesday, so tonight's variation is ground chicken seasoned with Ortega taco skillet sauce over corn tortilla chips (and a lot of other nacho fixins like cheese and beans and onions and olives and sour cream and tomatillo sauce).

I'm actually making nachos tonight too (vegetarian). A serving of Tostitos bite size rounds, vegetarian refried beans, Supremo three cheese "mexican" blend cheese, jalapenos, tomato, lettuce shreds, sour cream and maybe some sliced black olives.
  • Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    Options
    pinuplove wrote: »
    Verity1111 wrote: »
    I feel like every one of these threads is just an attempt at trolling. Saying something like "clean eating" or "clean food" is akin to dipping a piece of meat into a river filled with piranha.

39 pages of trolling? Lol. Anyway... "clean eating" is a phrase used ridiculously, true, but that is the point. Plus we all know what they mean by it. That's what I am referring to.

Sometimes I don't wash my lettuce before I eat it :open_mouth:

You're a bad man. (woman I guess but my bf and I say man despite gender so Im going with it lol)
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Had one of my favorite dinners last night at Larkburger. A 16oz bowl of chili and a small chocolate shake. Comes in a hair over 600 calories and it is so, so good.

It's Taco Tuesday, so tonight's variation is ground chicken seasoned with Ortega taco skillet sauce over corn tortilla chips (and a lot of other nacho fixins like cheese and beans and onions and olives and sour cream and tomatillo sauce).

I'm actually making nachos tonight too (vegetarian). A serving of Tostitos bite size rounds, vegetarian refried beans, Supremo three cheese "mexican" blend cheese, jalapenos, tomato, lettuce shreds, sour cream and maybe some sliced black olives.

I have to get me some jalapenos.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    I feel like every one of these threads is just an attempt at trolling. Saying something like "clean eating" or "clean food" is akin to dipping a piece of meat into a river filled with piranha.

39 pages of trolling? Lol. Anyway... "clean eating" is a phrase used ridiculously, true, but that is the point. Plus we all know what they mean by it. That's what I am referring to.

Sometimes I don't wash my lettuce before I eat it :open_mouth:

You're a bad man. (woman I guess but my bf and I say man despite gender so Im going with it lol)

I feel so dirty!
  • princess0lexi
    princess0lexi Posts: 3,938 Member
    Options
    i don`t think i eat quite healthy, all i eat is mini pretzels, corn flakes, multi grain cheerios, rice cakes, lots of yogurt ( ok that`s healthy but i eat a lot) baby puffs and that`s it. does this count?
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    Just made beans Bourgignon. Which promise to be decadent. Not only is wine involved, but also a vegan version of beurre mani (kneaded butter or margarine in this case, mixed with flour). The sauce looks sooooooo rich. (When I plugged everything into the recipe-builder, though, it checked in at a respectable 377 calories/serving).

Already packed it up in containers. I'm going into Montreal tomorrow for two weeks and I think things are probably easier if I'm not making my parents and myself stressed. I'm vegetarian; they aren't. And usually, if they're having meat, I end up with trying to find a frozen veg entree in the kosher section, that has already been stripped bare by other customers trying to enjoy their last soy protein and grains before Passover starts. This should work better.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Just made beans Bourgignon. Which promise to be decadent. Not only is wine involved, but also a vegan version of beurre mani (kneaded butter or margarine in this case, mixed with flour). The sauce looks sooooooo rich. (When I plugged everything into the recipe-builder, though, it checked in at a respectable 377 calories/serving).

Already packed it up in containers. I'm going into Montreal tomorrow for two weeks and I think things are probably easier if I'm not making my parents and myself stressed. I'm vegetarian; they aren't. And usually, if they're having meat, I end up with trying to find a frozen veg entree in the kosher section, that has already been stripped bare by other customers trying to enjoy their last soy protein and grains before Passover starts. This should work better.

Sounds delicious! (from a dedicated omnivore ;))
  • itsthehumidity
    itsthehumidity Posts: 351 Member
    Options

Very successful trolling, yes.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options

Very successful trolling, yes.

Wha? :huh:
  • SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    Options
    i don`t think i eat quite healthy, all i eat is mini pretzels, corn flakes, multi grain cheerios, rice cakes, lots of yogurt ( ok that`s healthy but i eat a lot) baby puffs and that`s it. does this count?

Is that ALL you eat? (Genuine question, not snark.)
  • ivygirl1937
    ivygirl1937 Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    It was husband's birthday this weekend and he wanted Kraft mac and cheese and an ice cream cake.

Dang it, now I really want some mac and cheese. :disappointed:

Glad you enjoyed the cake!! And apples with any kind of nut butter, yummm. Now I also want that. I may just be hungry. :lol:
  • SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    Options

I was going to try making my own tomorrow - found a "low calorie" recipe. But I just put it into the recipe builder and it comes out at over 500 calories per serving! Admittedly I don't have any low-fat cheese and low-fat margarine to use in it (which the recipe calls for), but I did swap out the regular milk for almond milk and it's still too high for me. I don't think it'll be satisfying enough for that amount of calories!
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    SueSueDio wrote: »

I was going to try making my own tomorrow - found a "low calorie" recipe. But I just put it into the recipe builder and it comes out at over 500 calories per serving! Admittedly I don't have any low-fat cheese and low-fat margarine to use in it (which the recipe calls for), but I did swap out the regular milk for almond milk and it's still too high for me. I don't think it'll be satisfying enough for that amount of calories!

My homemade mac and cheese recipe comes out to 605 calories per serving and it is so worth it!! And talk of low fat cheese is blasphemy in this thread!
  • OfficiallySexyVal
    OfficiallySexyVal Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as I am in the same. I will eat what I want and when I want but I am getting better at fitting it into my calorie goal for the day.
  • ivygirl1937
    ivygirl1937 Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    SueSueDio wrote: »

My homemade mac and cheese recipe comes out to 605 calories per serving and it is so worth it!! And talk of low fat cheese is blasphemy in this thread!

Willing to share the recipe? :blush: