New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    Trying the Halo Top Peanut Cup flavor now & it definitely has a Peanut Butter taste & a fair amount of mix-ins. It definitely isn't as plain tasting as the Enlightened Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip. The Peanut Butter flavor is on par with the Talenti Peanut Butter Pretzel.

I agree that Enlightened's peanut butter chocolate chip is very plain but their chocolate peanut butter puts Halo Top's version to shame seriously, although I can't believe they have two similar pints it makes it so confusing I feel like to everyone else.
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Trying the Halo Top Peanut Cup flavor now & it definitely has a Peanut Butter taste & a fair amount of mix-ins. It definitely isn't as plain tasting as the Enlightened Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip. The Peanut Butter flavor is on par with the Talenti Peanut Butter Pretzel.

Mix ins? My last pint only had the swirl.

Mine only had the swirl too when I had it, and just a swirl singular it was so disappointing. My boyfriend picked up a pint of it for me again as a surprise (he forgets what flavors I like but there's so many so I can't hold it against him haha) so maybe it does have more in it now, I mean when I tried their red velvet the first time I didn't notice the brownie pieces so anything is possible!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »

I agree that Enlightened's peanut butter chocolate chip is very plain but their chocolate peanut butter puts Halo Top's version to shame seriously, although I can't believe they have two similar pints it makes it so confusing I feel like to everyone else.

Mine only had the swirl too when I had it, and just a swirl singular it was so disappointing. My boyfriend picked up a pint of it for me again as a surprise (he forgets what flavors I like but there's so many so I can't hold it against him haha) so maybe it does have more in it now, I mean when I tried their red velvet the first time I didn't notice the brownie pieces so anything is possible!

Even though the Enlightened version didn't have any mix-ins the swirl made up for it. Once I do get more groceries I hope I'll be able to find the new Enlightened Peanut Butter flavor.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options

Even though the Enlightened version didn't have any mix-ins the swirl made up for it. Once I do get more groceries I hope I'll be able to find the new Enlightened Peanut Butter flavor.

I realized I bought the peanut butter chocolate chip one. Blah.

I just had the red velvet though and it's pretty good for the calories.
  • ActivatedAlm0nds
    ActivatedAlm0nds Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Wal Mart is starting to stock HT? Awesome!

Peanut butter cup is the only flavor the local Kroger carries in stock. It's certainly a better alternative than picking something from the shelf of Arctic Zero pints.
  • darbydean
    darbydean Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    darbydean wrote: »
    So probably not new but they are too me... Very tasty and only 160 cals each. I added a wholemeal bun and some salad for a quick and yummy hamburger dinner!! There are a bunch of other flavors I can not wait to try

afeukuf0ab1m.png

Now that looks like something I would love. Where and how much?

I found them at whole pay check (whole foods) so they were pretty pricey at $5 for the pack that only has 2 burgers. I also tried the Bratwurst Chicken Sausage the other day and it just as good, if not better, and only 120 cals per Sausage!!
  • Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I honestly don't understand why so many people seem to adore the Peanut Butter Halo Top so much. It's not nearly peanut-butter-y enough for me! I just taste vanilla. :(

I mean, it's not BAD, but it's not that great, either...

I am interested in those quarts, though! I hope they come to either Walmart or Kroger!
  • FoxyMars25
    FoxyMars25 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    darbydean wrote: »
    So probably not new but they are too me... Very tasty and only 160 cals each. I added a wholemeal bun and some salad for a quick and yummy hamburger dinner!! There are a bunch of other flavors I can not wait to try

afeukuf0ab1m.png

Now that looks like something I would love. Where and how much?

I love these! They sell them at Whole Foods and I think they are $3.99. They also have a cheddar/Jalapeno chicken burger which is also very good. So easy to just throw one in the microwave during the week.
  • Suzi_Mack
    Suzi_Mack Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    yourad0rk wrote: »
    I've been on a bit of a protein hype the past few weeks and was really looking around for some good bars and found Quest Bars, I bought the 'Cookies and Cream' and 'Double Chocolate Chunk'. They're horrible, they taste like artificial sweetener and salt, and I can never stomach more than half a bar in one sitting, I've found that they're more palatable when cold, although that means they're harsh on your teeth. But despite all that, they're really good for you, and not a bad (even if horrid tasting) filling snack for on the go.

I'm interested in trying the Quest Protein chips though, and have bought some BBQ flavoured ones which I'm still waiting on in the post. Fingers crossed they taste better than the bars, and also better than 'Protein Bites' by Novo which carry a very strange taste regardless of flavour.

I completely agree that the Quest bars you tried are TERRIBLE, however, I do like the other flavors, give them a try. I really like the smores, chocolate chip cookie dough, and white raspberry chocolate.
  • MayaSPapaya
    MayaSPapaya Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    I have to say, I've been giving Quest Bars a try recently and I just don't understand the hype. I didn't like them at all, I think they have a really weird texture and taste.
  • ActivatedAlm0nds
    edited April 2017
    Options
    lara-51486.png
    I never noticed these but Larabars were the Kroger Free Friday Download last week. They're tasty, but a little too small for the price.

I've got a strawberry spinach bar to try next.
    lara-51485.png
    The pineapple kale was better, but I still like this.

https://www.heb.com/product-detail/h-e-b-select-ingredients-low-fat-sourdough-pretzels/1472336I decided to try these out because of how good Snyder's Sourdough Nibblers were. These just taste like salt. I'm gonna toss these after I go back and pick up some of the pretzels on sale this week.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I have to say, I've been giving Quest Bars a try recently and I just don't understand the hype. I didn't like them at all, I think they have a really weird texture and taste.

I liked the old formula ok. The new one... nope.
  • hgycta
    edited April 2017
    Options

I loved the Mocha Chocolate Chip Quest Bar from the labs, it was my absolute favorite. The one they released (finally found it at GNC in stock) is horrible in comparison. It's not as sweet (or I should say, it is sweet but has more of an artificial sweetness to it now) and doesn't have the same gritty/rich coffee flavor, and it seems like it had more chocolate chunks which are distracting. I liked the more simple, coffee-centered bar from the labs, why must they always change a perfectly good recipe like this?
  • ActivatedAlm0nds
    Options

I loved the Mocha Chocolate Chip Quest Bar from the labs, it was my absolute favorite. The one they released (finally found it at GNC in stock) is horrible in comparison. It's not as sweet (or I should say, it is sweet but has more of an artificial sweetness to it now) and doesn't have the same gritty/rich coffee flavor, and it seems like it had more chocolate chunks which are distracting. I liked the more simple, coffee-centered bar from the labs, why must they always change a perfectly good recipe like this?
    It's nuts because they have plenty of chocolate flavors.

The double brownie was pretty good back in the day.

• hgycta
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I honestly don't understand why so many people seem to adore the Peanut Butter Halo Top so much. It's not nearly peanut-butter-y enough for me! I just taste vanilla. :(

I mean, it's not BAD, but it's not that great, either...

I am interested in those quarts, though! I hope they come to either Walmart or Kroger!

I'm in the same boat, this is my third time trying it and I still can't figure out what the appeal is. I got a small swirl of peanut butter and then a very small sliver, that's it. The entire pint is just a tease for me! Definitely buying Enlightened's Chocolate Peanut Butter from now on when I want peanut butter. I can't remember who suggested adding Ovaltine to ice cream (genius) but I wonder how much better it will become if I add powdered peanut butter to it... you can never have too much peanut butter as far as I'm concerned.
    hk0t2jw6zmdc.jpg
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    566b679hax63.jpg
    Saw this while Easter basket shopping tonight.

Reeses is my all time favorite candy but not so sure of this chocolate and PB combo.

I don't see the point it's much more convenient to just have the peanut butter already in there LOL
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    nhaplxnadqhw.jpeg
    Daiya sausage pizza hzio1pqvyuzo.jpg
    Not amazing the crust was bland and whole thing did not have much flavor I had high hopes because I love their cheese but wouldn't buy again
  • oocdc2
    oocdc2 Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    566b679hax63.jpg
    Saw this while Easter basket shopping tonight.

Reeses is my all time favorite candy but not so sure of this chocolate and PB combo.

I rather agree: Chocolate + Not-Reese's peanut butter = Blasphemy
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    The Enlightened Caramel Cookie Crunch is worlds better than the abysmal regular Caramel flavor. The caramel flavor in here is not as cloying sweet & there's a fair amount of mix-ins so far. It seems the swirl isn't as prevalent in this one & that could be why it's not so sweet.

I would say that I think I like this more than Talenti's Cookie Crunch.
  • ActivatedAlm0nds
    Options
    nhaplxnadqhw.jpeg
    Daiya sausage pizza hzio1pqvyuzo.jpg
    Not amazing the crust was bland and whole thing did not have much flavor I had high hopes because I love their cheese but wouldn't buy again
    Have you tried their grated parmesan? I picked one up awhile back because of of a coupon.