Clean eating- does it matter?

Options

Replies

• thechaoswithinme
    thechaoswithinme Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    @WinoGelato See that's what I'm learning right now. I haven't read the whole thread yet. I can't eat whatever I like an maintain my weight but eating these foods in moderation. I wish I knew all this when I started I joined the community at the end of my journey. Now I'm slowing eating foods I sadly restricted.
  • thechaoswithinme
    thechaoswithinme Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    @WinoGelato sadly I wish I had join so much sooner. It really would have helped me out so much.. I'm learning new thing everyday on here.
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    Yes, it 100% matters, for instance, I eat healthy. I ate one cancer meal (taco bell) and broke out in sweat throwing up for hours. If I eat a slice of cake I get horrid acne. Actually, anything that has no good nutrition sends me into oblivion, I will get sick, depressed and acne. Not to mention I hate the taste of white bread, white rice and fried foods. The flavors are nasty, I don't understand why some people enjoy the taste, I honestly think they pretend to like it because they don't want to make effort in eating healthy. White bread tastes like paper... unless they have weird taste buds its a strange concept to me. I will say sugar is different though, it tastes AMAZING... and sometimes its worth the acne and migraine
    Some people have different taste buds. I used to enjoy garbage. Or over processed foods. I went on a diet and eliminated all those food lost 125. I go back to treat myself to something I used to eat... nothing taste the same as it used to.. I used to love these food and over indulge. Now I try these food and it's somewhat gross to me. I would rather eat grapes than gummy bears.. it's the sugar and high fat and sodium. That make people go back for more. It like an explosion on the taste buds.

Gummy Bears are . . . low fat.

Not the chubby ones.

It's the Gummiberry juice, it's impossible to drink that stuff in moderation.

Oh... is THAT the secret of Gummiberry juice?
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    Options
    @WinoGelato See that's what I'm learning right now. I haven't read the whole thread yet. I can't eat whatever I like an maintain my weight but eating these foods in moderation. I wish I knew all this when I started I joined the community at the end of my journey. Now I'm slowing eating foods I sadly restricted.

When I first began I was low carb, cause carbs made me fat *eyeroll* we mustn't beat ourselves up for ignorance... we all learned and changed things as we went no doubt. What people SHOULD be ashamed of is willful ignorance. I eat relatively clean (i think lol) but that's because I prefer volume and that's how I can make it work... I still on occasion have cookies and chocolate bars or other things that people hate on but it's not as often as I would like because like I said, I prefer volume.

• cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    I think clean eating in general is great for health!! And it totally helps with weight loss!! I'm a clean eater but I have to focus on increasing my protein in my diet!! When you eat a clean diet. It's crazy how much food you can consume!!! Congrats on eating healthy

OH does it now?
    Did it matter? Not really. I was a "clean" vegetarian for 4-5 years and was at my highest weight ever. Now I'm more of a 60/40 person. ;)

Heh. Helps with weight loss my *kitten*.
  • vegmebuff
    vegmebuff Posts: 31,389 Member
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »
    I feel/look/perform best eating mostly nutritious foods, hitting a balance of macros with treats fit in as I please.

Me too...also 'treats' can be nutritious and super yummy at the same time. In fact, nutritious foods - when prepared well - taste WAY better than other things too!
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    @WinoGelato sadly I wish I had join so much sooner. It really would have helped me out so much.. I'm learning new thing everyday on here.

I think this is what you'll find to be the greatest value of the MFP forums. You realize just how much misinformation is out there. For example - gatorade markets a "sports bean" product, which is nothing but a jelly bean - no different than any other hard candy or jelly bean, but considered healthy...why?

Don't buy into the clean eating nonsense - your body is a remarkable chemistry set and wonderfully adept at breaking down foods to source molecules. Organic, clean, processed...all the same from a molecular perspective.
  • brdnw
    brdnw Posts: 565 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    When i decided to lose weight i ate "clean" and continue to do so. I never eat fast food and try to limit the amount of processed foods I eat. I'll still eat junk food, but it's seldom rather than daily.

I think this approach is better. I never crave fast food nor do I crave junk food. The less you eat it, the easier it is to avoid.
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    ^Sigh. Does someone else want to take this one? It's almost the end of the day and I have a fish fry to go to and National Beer Day to celebrate.

I have a Goose Island Bourbon County Stout cellaring for today - so excited!
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    brdnw wrote: »
    When i decided to lose weight i ate "clean" and continue to do so. I never eat fast food and try to limit the amount of processed foods I eat. I'll still eat junk food, but it's seldom rather than daily.

Under my understanding, this is a moderation approach, or one version of it.

Clean eating means one claims to not eat ANY processed foods. Of course, processed foods include things like bread (even homemade, because flour, etc.) and plain greek yogurt and cottage cheese.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    ^Sigh. Does someone else want to take this one? It's almost the end of the day and I have a fish fry to go to and National Beer Day to celebrate.

Never mind. Niner already took care of it.

It's not beer day in Canada (apparently), but I'm going to have one or two Guinness anyway.
  • prattiger65
    prattiger65 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    So, are you gonna have a beer or are you gonna have a Guinness?? You can't have both.
  • Tacklewasher
    Options

Never mind. Niner already took care of it.

It's not beer day in Canada (apparently), but I'm going to have one or two Guinness anyway.

I thought every day was beer day in Canada?

Shhhhhh. Don't let people know that.
  • Tacklewasher
    Options
    So, are you gonna have a beer or are you gonna have a Guinness?? You can't have both.

Sorry. Forgot this was mostly an American site.

Guess I gonna have me a Bud Light!
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options

Sorry. Forgot this was mostly an American site.

Guess I gonna have me a Bud Light!

Noooooo! Son, you have some learning to do!