Replies

• tricia5715
    tricia5715 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Thank you Pinuplove - I will enjoy.
  • tricia5715
    Options
    Hang in there drabbits2 - break is coming!!!!
  • Sunna_W
    Sunna_W Posts: 744 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Good advice (if you have the calories spend them!) I love pizza and beer!

I also look at my calories as a aggregate - 1400 calories x 7 = 9800 calories per week. Some days I eat more than 1400, sometimes less.

I have been on a Paleo / Keto-ish meal plan (low, low sugar/carbs and high protein/fat/fiber) of about 1400 calories (since January I have lost 23 pounds). And... I am only complaint calorie wise about 75% - 80% of the time. And while I try to be low sugar and low carb all of the time, I am not. But, when I am:
    • I don't crave sugar (I have an entire box of Charms Wild Berry Blow Pops in my file drawer that I haven't touched since November because I don't crave sugar; I once measured my stress level by how many of them i consumed in one day);
    • My moods are more even and I don't have blood sugar spikes and crashes; I feel better.
    • By consuming more healthy fats my joints don't hurt as much and I am more or less satiated on 1400 calories.
    • I used Paleo Leap and Paleo Tribe for the recipe ideas (they have some great low calorie recipe options) but this isn't necessary. I do think preparing and eating food that I make as opposed to boxes or eating out has helped me a lot. Boxes say they are low carb (but they have lots of other additives in them to make them taste good.)

Also, the recipes are low calorie and help me to stay on track. I plan my menu and shopping list before I go to the store and I usually shop around the edges and get veggies, meat, some dairy and that's it.

BTW - here is a recipe for "FAT HEAD PIZZA DOUGH" http://www.ditchthecarbs.com/2015/04/23/fat-head-pizza/.

I also sometimes just take vine on Campari Cocktail Tomatoes and let them ripen for a week or two and slice them and put them in the oven on a cookie sheet and dry them out a bit so that they are almost dried out but not quite and top them with salt, pepper, Italian seasoning and then run them under the broiler with some mozzarella... they really satisfy my pizza craving.

• laurenebargar
    laurenebargar Posts: 3,081 Member
    Options
    I totally feel you, This is all I wanted to do tonight, I finally decided on making stuffed peppers with cauliflower rice and ground turkey, tomorrow's my birthday so I know there will be some amount of cake being eaten. :D
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,906 Member
    Options
    pinuplove wrote: »
    Re: the tiredness - how many calories have you been averaging per day? Not eating enough = tired and hangry for me. I understand not feeling up to testing your resolve on some days, though. Whatever you have tonight, I hope you enjoy it!

I was wondering this as well.

@tricia5715 what's your weekly weight loss goal and how many pounds do you have to lose total?

I get wanting pizza after complicated taxes - spent pretty much all day Saturday on mine.
  • tricia5715
    Options
    I totally feel you, This is all I wanted to do tonight, I finally decided on making stuffed peppers with cauliflower rice and ground turkey, tomorrow's my birthday so I know there will be some amount of cake being eaten. :D

Happy Birthday! Stuffed peppers are delicious - enjoy!
  • tricia5715
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    Re: the tiredness - how many calories have you been averaging per day? Not eating enough = tired and hangry for me. I understand not feeling up to testing your resolve on some days, though. Whatever you have tonight, I hope you enjoy it!

@tricia5715 what's your weekly weight loss goal and how many pounds do you have to lose total?

I get wanting pizza after complicated taxes - spent pretty much all day Saturday on mine.

My weekly weight loss goal is 1.5lbs per week. I have 637 calories left. I need to lose 100 lbs.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    tricia5715 wrote: »
    kshama2001 wrote: »

My weekly weight loss goal is 1.5lbs per week. I have 637 calories left. I need to lose 100 lbs.

But how much have you been eating? Trust me, we're not picking on you! But in terms of long-term success, it really does matter.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    Your diary must just be open to friends. At any rate, glad to hear you're eating well and meeting your calorie goal! Many times around here that's not the case :smile: Yay, pizza!
  • fitmom4lifemfp
    fitmom4lifemfp Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    tricia5715 wrote: »
    I am on Day 5 here on MFP. Had a fairly decent week. Three nights (M, T, W) I had meetings directly after work and I fared ok. Last night I worked on my taxes. I am heading out of the office in about an hour and all I can think of is "I want a nice hot pizza and a cold beer." Trying to stay far away from carbs and this certainly is the carbs screaming at me. I've got the angel on one shoulder saying "you worked at it all week - keep it up" and the devil on the other shoulder saying "you worked at it all week - reward yourself" Ugh!

If I was dying for pizza, I would order a Domino's crispy thin crust. My BF and I both prefer thin crust pizza, and cracker crusts are what we like best. Domino's is the first place that we know of, to offer such a crust (we make it that way at home). It's delicious, and you can enjoy more topping and less crust. :)
  • nightengale7
    nightengale7 Posts: 563 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Stella3838 wrote: »
    Here's some sassy carbs.

giphy.gif

That is an incredibly disturbing GIF...anyway, OP you might look to see if you can find Dr. Oetker's pizza at your local grocer. I know near me the only place that sells them is Market Street. It is delicious frozen pizza, an you can generally eat the whole pizza if you want for less than 900 calories. With over 600 cals left for you for the day, that equals 1/2 pizza with a nice side salad and a light beer or small glass of wine. :drinker:
  • dfwesq
    dfwesq Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    To help with long-term goals, it might be a good idea to find non-food ways of relaxing or rewarding yourself. I don't mean you shouldn't eat pizza if you want it. In my case, I wasn't eating high-calorie meals and snacks because I genuinely wanted the food. It was really about the emotional boost. I know that's true for some people. This might or might not apply to you - just thought I'd mention the possibility.
  • sheermomentum
    sheermomentum Posts: 827 Member
    Options

What a good idea! Will definitely give that a try.
  • sympha01
    sympha01 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    Technically I'd say death by pizza is suffocation, not drowning.

It sounds awesome though. I'm in.
  • kenyonhaff
    kenyonhaff Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    Pizza is totally doable. Stick with thin crust. Easy on cheese.

Beer is actually more troublesome because it lowers your ability to say enough.

I love Dr. Oekter's line of pizza for frozen pizza.
  • TheJourneyToFabulous
    TheJourneyToFabulous Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I would have the pizza, you will manage so much easier by letting yourself have something every once in awhile

Get it, enjoy it
  • gamerbabe14
    gamerbabe14 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    Maybe recognize that on Friday's you are more tired so save a little room during the week, store calories and eat the delicious pizza.