Its Friday, I'm tired and I want to go home and drown in pizza

Options

Replies

• sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    Sunna_W wrote: »
    Good advice (if you have the calories spend them!) I love pizza and beer!

I also look at my calories as a aggregate - 1400 calories x 7 = 9800 calories per week. Some days I eat more than 1400, sometimes less.

I have been on a Paleo / Keto-ish meal plan (low, low sugar/carbs and high protein/fat/fiber) of about 1400 calories (since January I have lost 23 pounds). And... I am only complaint calorie wise about 75% - 80% of the time. And while I try to be low sugar and low carb all of the time, I am not. But, when I am:
    • I don't crave sugar (I have an entire box of Charms Wild Berry Blow Pops in my file drawer that I haven't touched since November because I don't crave sugar; I once measured my stress level by how many of them i consumed in one day);
    • My moods are more even and I don't have blood sugar spikes and crashes; I feel better.
    • By consuming more healthy fats my joints don't hurt as much and I am more or less satiated on 1400 calories.
    • I used Paleo Leap and Paleo Tribe for the recipe ideas (they have some great low calorie recipe options) but this isn't necessary. I do think preparing and eating food that I make as opposed to boxes or eating out has helped me a lot. Boxes say they are low carb (but they have lots of other additives in them to make them taste good.)

Also, the recipes are low calorie and help me to stay on track. I plan my menu and shopping list before I go to the store and I usually shop around the edges and get veggies, meat, some dairy and that's it.

BTW - here is a recipe for "FAT HEAD PIZZA DOUGH" http://www.ditchthecarbs.com/2015/04/23/fat-head-pizza/.

I also sometimes just take vine on Campari Cocktail Tomatoes and let them ripen for a week or two and slice them and put them in the oven on a cookie sheet and dry them out a bit so that they are almost dried out but not quite and top them with salt, pepper, Italian seasoning and then run them under the broiler with some mozzarella... they really satisfy my pizza craving.

I've made Fathead Pizza Dough before and considering it's almond flour, cheese, and eggs...it's pretty caloric and depending on what you top it with, it climbs up there. It makes a serving upwards of 400 calories.

Meanwhile, a slice of delivery pizza (from places like Pizza Hut, Domino's etc) are about 280 a slice. Pair it with a beer...maybe a lager at ~150 calories and some veggies for bulk, you can totally stay within your calorie goal.
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options
    Meh, thin crust isn't always that much lower in calories. I eat lowish carb these days (because I have trouble moderating carbs, or carbs plus fat) but not super strict. I've made homemade pizza on lower carb wraps or tortillas or pitas. Just put what you want on it and broil until melty.

Low carb pizzas made with almond flour or flax meal or coconut flour are pretty good, but I find them really high calorie because they use cheese in the crust to help bind it. Filling though--there's a lot of protein and fibre, depending on the toppings.
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    annacole94 wrote: »
    Why are you limiting carbs? How many calories do you have left today?

You can lose weight and have pizza and beer. You just have to fit it into your calories. Food shouldn't be about working and rewarding.

Why was this flagged??? I have been noticing lately everyone is getting flagged for everything.
  • mbam89
    mbam89 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Can you try compromising? Have the pizza and/or beer, but maybe try to get a walk/workout in as well. Or ask someone to help keep you accountable to just one piece of pizza and one beer. It might help if you mostly fill up on something healthy first instead of diving into pizza when you feel like you're starving.
  • brznhabits
    brznhabits Posts: 126 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I buy by the slice (careful even a slice can be loaded cals).

I 2nd passing on the beer, it'll lead to bad things especially when you are already tired.

Agree with above, walk/exercise for your pizza!

Be glad you don't eat ranch with your pizza, cause lemme tell ya, it's a beast to budget those ranch cals too :'(

• Wolfger
    Wolfger Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Stella3838 wrote: »
    Here's some sassy carbs.

giphy.gif

Mmmmm..... Pizza..... :D
  • Golbat
    Golbat Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I had pizza tonight. I just keep track of how many calories I've had during the day, and then calculate how much pizza I can have, and if it isn't much I have a salad with some kind of low-cal dressing and without croutons or whatever AND have however much pizza I can have as well. I eat the salad first so I'm not so hungry and don't get tempted to go crazy with the pizza, and I take and plate what I can have immediately and then ignore the rest. Also, go for thin crust. Much better value as far as calories go.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Could not find the pizza Digiorno (might not be in Canada) but found a Dr. Oetker Ultra thin Capicollo and am warming up the oven now. 340 for 1/2. Will see how it tastes.

And Guinness.
  • dfwesq
    dfwesq Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    dfwesq wrote: »
    To help with long-term goals, it might be a good idea to find non-food ways of relaxing or rewarding yourself. I don't mean you shouldn't eat pizza if you want it. In my case, I wasn't eating high-calorie meals and snacks because I genuinely wanted the food. It was really about the emotional boost. I know that's true for some people. This might or might not apply to you - just thought I'd mention the possibility.
    Just noticed this active thread:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10537600/any-emotional-eaters-who-have-found-healthier-ways-to-deal-with-stress/p1
  • smokinbluegrass
    smokinbluegrass Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    The Hawaiian chicken thin crust from Papa Johns has 190 a slice, less if you go with light sauce and light cheese (but I don't know how much less so I still logged it as the 190). Served double duty for me the first weekend of the men's tourney as a pizza and a sweet tooth fix.
  • fitmom4lifemfp
    fitmom4lifemfp Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    dbanks80 wrote: »

You can lose weight and have pizza and beer. You just have to fit it into your calories. Food shouldn't be about working and rewarding.

Why was this flagged??? I have been noticing lately everyone is getting flagged for everything.

I didn't flag it, but it's pretty easy to see why it was.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    I make a thin crust pizza every other evening of the week. A 140 gram dough ball stretched thin makes about 8 personal inches of pizza and with some cheese and meat with some veg on top it's 500 calories. Losing weight is easy and, at least since I've been playing pizzauolo, fun.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    dbanks80 wrote: »

I didn't flag it, but it's pretty easy to see why it was.

Why?
  • cbelc2
    cbelc2 Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Years ago I was on Weight Watchers. Our pizza solution was to have one slice and lots of salad. I'm at the point in my weight loss that I reward myself with another pound gone and I enjoy that healthy meal no matter what kind of day I had.