MISSDEEHERE'S ONE WEEK CHALLENGE~FOR SHORT TERM GOALS

Options

Replies

• wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    DAY 5 of mini goals. Getting mentally ready for the weekend!

1. NO EATING AFTER 8PM -- did have one glass of wine tonight with friends...I thought about getting soda water instead but it just sounded too good!
    2. LOG EVERYTHING -- about to do this right now!
    3. GET UP EVERY HOUR FROM DESK AND WALK AROUND -- done!

Have a great weekend, all!
  • blessedmomof8
    blessedmomof8 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Great work everyone! :flowerforyou: Love reading all your posts! :happy:

Day 6 for me. . .
    Goals
    1. Get my personal requirement of water in every single day. (120oz) ~~130oz
    2. zumba every week day (Mon-Fri) ~~done, with several reminders to myself that it was Friday and I don't have to tomorrow.
    3. stay under calories (I eat my exercise cals) ~~under! Almost made a mistake and went over! So happy for someone posting a question on prelogging that reminded me to prelog my planned day!

Everyone have a blessed tomorrow :flowerforyou:
  • ladygloria
    ladygloria Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Sorry I missed yesterday. Special day and all. :) speaking of which, Oma are you feeling better for your first anniversary? I sure hope you have a happy one. Going to the melting pot tonight to celebrate mine. Woo hoo! Last update for the week:

1. No more than 2 days over sodium recommendations. I was bad this past week. - was below on this everyday, though today will be my overage and I don't plan to worry about it.
    2. Try to increase my pilates endurance. Man are my hip muscles weak! - did a decent job, keeping this goal until my first 6 weeks is over I think.
    3. Enjoy my anniversary on Friday and enjoy a cheat day without guilt. -celebrating today and pre logged already. Not feeling one bit of guilt.
    4. Try one of the zumba DVDs I borrowed besides the sculpting one. - if my shins are up for it, will add that to the list next week.
    5. Give 30 day shred a one day try out while waiting on my hubby to buy me weights for chalean extreme.. If I like it, it will be a decent starting point. - gave me shin splints and after four days, I'm going to give this a break for a while. Nice workout, I'm just not ready for jumping that much just yet.
  • danlyn
    danlyn Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Checking in for Friday! Didn't exercise (brutally hot, even to go in the pool). Did "ok" with balanced meals. I went over yesterday because of going out to dinner and not exercising :( I'll be working harder at it today.

Goals:
    1. Exercise every day.
    2. Eat more balanced meals.
    3. Pay attention to "net calories", meaning I'm not going to try to be "under" but instead exercise and make sure my "net" is 1230 which is what MFP gives me.
  • missdeehere
    missdeehere Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
    :heart: ♥ღ♥ღஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬ :heart: ▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜღ♥ღ♥ :heart:
    :love: ♥ღHappy Anniversary :love: Oma & Hubby ღ♥:love:
    :heart: ♥ღ♥ღஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬:heart: ▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜღ♥ღ♥ :heart:
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • missdeehere
    Options
    I hope all the new people that came this week comes back FOR NEXT WEEK!! I think this was a great support group!! Thank you. Many of you gave me some ideas for my next weeks goals. :-) I will post the new link on here in a lil bit.

Lady G & Oma
    HAVE A FABULOUS ANNIVERSARY TIME!!

Danlyn
    I felt the same way, It is really hot and we do have top be careful & stay hydrated!! You had a good week and you came back here and that is motivation!! GOOD JOB!!

Blessedmom
    GREAT JOB!!!! I will often preplan & prewrite my breakfast & lunch when I am working. I slack a bit over the summer. Funny how just a lil motivation can cause enough thought to make it right.

Over all, it's been a very good week for all of us. Lots of celebrations this week and extra calories were anticipated.

I hope everyone that was ill is feeling better.

:drinker:KUDOS TO YOU GUYS THAT TOOK ON A NEW EXERCISE THIS WEEK!! VERY IMPRESSIVE & ENCOURAGING!!:drinker:
  • missdeehere
    Options
    Today's Results

(¯`v´¯)
    `*.¸.*´
    ¸.•´ ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)
    (¸.•´(¸.• (¸.•´¸¸.•¨¯`•.¸¸.♥
    ♥ * ♥ 3 for Me ♥ * ♥

1♥Just Say No!♥♥♥♥♥♥ No to my hubby's cinnamon rolls
    2♥30 Minutes!! ♥♥♥♥♥ 60 min moving stuff & cleaning
    3♥Daily Check-in!!!♥♥♥♥♥♥♥Hellllooo!!!

This Weeks Results

1♥Just Say No!♥♥♥♥♥♥ 6/7 days
    2♥30 Minutes!! ♥♥♥♥♥ 5/7 days
    3♥Daily Check-in!!!♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ 7/7 days

This is much better then I would be doing on my own!! THANKS!!

My weigh in was stinky today cus I am swollen from my Lymphedema, and possibly the overload in sodium the last couple days Plus the heat & humidity. Sooooo hoping tomorrow will be better, although my sodium was high again today. :-( I drink lots of water & take a fluid pill, but that doesn't seem to help.

I am going to try a different approach next week, thanks to you guys!! :-)
  • crazyquilter36
    Options
    Day 6 of 30DS It was in the 90's again today. I did day 6 and I am really liking this video and will be excited to go to the next level, next week. I went swimming for 45 minutes after as a wonderful cool down. I am getting use to the swimming and am going to miss it when the weather gets cooler.

Great week everyone!

I have one day left of my week. No weight loss again this week. I hope I see a big drop next week I have worked really hard the past 2 weeks. I will keep at it. It will go down sometime ;)
  • tiffwhit16
    tiffwhit16 Posts: 76
    Options
    Today didn't go so great. I had a 10 hour round trip drive and we stopped at one of my favorite restaurants. I'm really going to have to push hard next week to make up for today!!
  • FabOma08
    FabOma08 Posts: 500
    Options
    Texas Roadhouse for Anniversary dinner! And you know what? I didn't worry about it! I've been so good for 3 months. Not a single day over calories. I decided that today, just for this one day, I was going to just eat what looks good and not think about it. I did exactly that, and went over 699 calories!!! Wow! Probably should have gotten in a workout today!! Tomorrow is a new day, a new week, and a new year with the most amazing man I've ever known. So, am I upset about the calories today? Not so much, NO!
  • MAK_01
    MAK_01 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Hey all.

Sounds like a good Saturday was had by all.
    Oma - happy anniversary. Sounds like you had a wonderful meal out :)
    Tiff - come back strong tomorrow!
    Renee - way to go on day 6. Hope you like the next level of 30DS.
    Dee - awesome as always :) Hope your lymphedema is better soon.

Saturday check in
    1. Week 6 P90x - didn't get my work out in today. We were painting and it took pretty much all day. But I'm going to finish my week strong tomorrow!
    2. 3-4 non P90x workouts - 3 so far will try for number 4 tomorrow.
    3. Bed time 10:00 Sunday - Thursday - I think I wore myself out painting cuz I'm exhausted now!! Heading to bed early.
    4. Better control over the weekend. Did pretty good again. My weakness is grazing on other peoples food. A little bite of this. A try of that. Gotta work on that.
    Tomorrow is weigh in day. Then I'm going shopping with my best friend for stuff for her wedding. So excited :)

Have a great evening all. Keep on rocking it!!
  • blessedmomof8
    blessedmomof8 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    ~Thanks missdee for doing the weekly goals. :flowerforyou: I feel better about this last week than I have for the previous several weeks. And everyone here has such great energy!
    ~I am defintely wanting to join in a new week. I have a very challenging week+ coming up. I am visiting my folks were snacks, chips, and soda are plenty! :ohwell:

Day 7 for me. . .
    Goals
    1. Get my personal requirement of water in every single day. (120oz) ~~way over! 140 and counting
    2. zumba every week day (Mon-Fri) ~~happy to be on Saturday. I love to Zumba but love to be lazy too! :smile:
    3. stay under calories (I eat my exercise cals) ~~with a few hours of yard work I am under!

the week
    goal #1 6 days of success
    goal #2 ALL 5!
    goal #3 only 6 of the 7 days was I under.

Everyone have a blessed Sunday!:flowerforyou:
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Oops, one minute late checking in on my Sat. :wink:

Goals:
    Check in on here daily - done
    Keep my water up - done
    Keep my food diary balanced - done but not perfect today
    Workouts - Rest Day today But did get my 5 days in like I wanted! :drinker:

Good to see everyone this week, looking forward to thinking of my new goals to add tomorrow.:drinker:
  • FabOma08
    FabOma08 Posts: 500
    Options
    Hey all.

Sounds like a good Saturday was had by all.
    Oma - happy anniversary. Sounds like you had a wonderful meal out :)
    Tiff - come back strong tomorrow!
    Renee - way to go on day 6. Hope you like the next level of 30DS.

Saturday check in
    1. Week 6 P90x - didn't get my work out in today. We were painting and it took pretty much all day. But I'm going to finish my week strong tomorrow!
    3. Bed time 10:00 Sunday - Thursday - I think I wore myself out painting cuz I'm exhausted now!! Heading to bed early.
    4. Better control over the weekend. Did pretty good again. My weakness is grazing on other peoples food. A little bite of this. A try of that. Gotta work on that.
    Tomorrow is weigh in day. Then I'm going shopping with my best friend for stuff for her wedding. So excited :)

I did! Hope your anniversary was great as well!
  • missdeehere
    Options
    ~Thanks missdee for doing the weekly goals. :flowerforyou: I feel better about this last week than I have for the previous several weeks. And everyone here has such great energy!
    ~I am defintely wanting to join in a new week. I have a very challenging week+ coming up. I am visiting my folks were snacks, chips, and soda are plenty! :ohwell:

Day 7 for me. . .
    Goals
    1. Get my personal requirement of water in every single day. (120oz) ~~way over! 140 and counting
    2. zumba every week day (Mon-Fri) ~~happy to be on Saturday. I love to Zumba but love to be lazy too! :smile:
    3. stay under calories (I eat my exercise cals) ~~with a few hours of yard work I am under!

the week
    goal #1 6 days of success
    goal #2 ALL 5!
    goal #3 only 6 of the 7 days was I under.

Everyone have a blessed Sunday!:flowerforyou:

Blessed Mom

You are so very welcome!! I am glad if we could help you on your journey. I have personal motivations to do this. :-) I can't do it alone!! I try & I fail daily. But I always come back. I really want to be healthy. You have done so well with your weight loss. I am very happy you are going to come back. I am sure you are a very busy lady with the kids & family so it's nice to make time for yourself. Don't ever worry about not being able to make it here.

Think of new goals or keep the same ones. What ever you need to work on.

Oops, one minute late checking in on my Sat. :wink:

Goals:
    Check in on here daily - done
    Keep my water up - done
    Keep my food diary balanced - done but not perfect today
    Workouts - Rest Day today But did get my 5 days in like I wanted! :drinker:

Good to see everyone this week, looking forward to thinking of my new goals to add tomorrow.:drinker:

:heart: Desire

Nooo you are not too late. Some people have their week from Monday to Sunday.

It was very nice getting to know you this week. I am happy that you will come back for next week. Like I said above, think of new goals or keep old ones.

I hope you hd a good week, I am gonna try the Balanced Food Diary next week. YIKES!! :-)
  • missdeehere
    Options
    Day 6 of 30DS It was in the 90's again today. I did day 6 and I am really liking this video and will be excited to go to the next level, next week. I went swimming for 45 minutes after as a wonderful cool down. I am getting use to the swimming and am going to miss it when the weather gets cooler.

Great week everyone!

I have one day left of my week. No weight loss again this week. I hope I see a big drop next week I have worked really hard the past 2 weeks. I will keep at it. It will go down sometime ;)
    CrazyQ
    You are probably gaining muscle and losing inches. You have been going nonstop for weeks!! Do you have your own pool? That would be nice!!
    Today didn't go so great. I had a 10 hour round trip drive and we stopped at one of my favorite restaurants. I'm really going to have to push hard next week to make up for today!!

Tiff
    I HATE spending that time in a car. Then to look forward to sodium overload, no place to flush the water out while driving. NEXT WEEK IS A NEW WEEK!! GOOD LUCK! YOU CAN DO IT!!
    Texas Roadhouse for Anniversary dinner! And you know what? I didn't worry about it! I've been so good for 3 months. Not a single day over calories. I decided that today, just for this one day, I was going to just eat what looks good and not think about it. I did exactly that, and went over 699 calories!!! Wow! Probably should have gotten in a workout today!! Tomorrow is a new day, a new week, and a new year with the most amazing man I've ever known. So, am I upset about the calories today? Not so much, NO!
    Oma
    You have earned a wonderful night out!! I can't imagine not going over in 3 months!! I am sooooo bad! YOU ROCK!!

Saturday check in

MAK
    Thank you!! It comes & goes. Not sure if I told you guys but I have to pump my leg every morning for 45 minutes. I also have to wear those dang hot & tight compression stockings daily. I swell immediately when I don't. :-( Oh well, I can walk & I have legs!! I Thank God they make these things so I can help keep it under control. I think you had a GREAT week and am impressed with your morning workouts!!

Don't be so hard on yourself!! This is a Lifestyle for a Lifetime CHANGE!! Slow & Steady wins the race!!
  • crazyquilter36
    Options
    MissDee I don't have a pool =( I would like too but unfortunately that would just mean more work for me so I never got one, but I love to swim. I have an aunt that lives 15 min away who has one and when I am not there, there is a town beach 2 miles down the road. I have lived here 11 years and never used it. I prefer pool water, but it has been so hot I am enjoying cooling off before bed. When I hit the lottery (or find a wealthy man) I am going to have an indoor pool. LOL
  • missdeehere
    Options
    :wink:
    MissDee I don't have a pool =( I would like too but unfortunately that would just mean more work for me so I never got one, but I love to swim. I have an aunt that lives 15 min away who has one and when I am not there, there is a town beach 2 miles down the road. I have lived here 11 years and never used it. I prefer pool water, but it has been so hot I am enjoying cooling off before bed. When I hit the lottery (or find a wealthy man) I am going to have an indoor pool. LOL

HAHA CRAZYQ
    A lil swim before bedtime sounds soooo perfect to wind down from the day. You are lucky!! I am jealous. I have a Big Fear of water so I am very PICKY about pools & swimming, but I love how good just the right amount and temprature of water can make you feel. PLUS THE SOUND!! At the rate your motivation is going, you will have plenty of good men knocking at your door!! PS being a single mom for 20 years, I waited for my perfect man, and I am so Blesses in love and we will have a 10 year marriage come November.