gotu52 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Loving those family pics!
    <3 Sarah
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,693 Member
    Options
    evening ladies~
    just finally settling down... I came in and Tom in a weird mood, then he got cranky.. starting swearing so he went to bed and I just shut up.. did find out why we havent seen the guy next door for awhile... he passed away.. he was my age and had had some mental problems ,dont know if there was more than that..going grocery shopping early and then going to pick my dad up and drop him off at the house and then pick up DGD and meet my friend at the beach and then go to Lunch... then come back here..
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Yikes, got a call about 90 minutes ago. Our door and all windows have come in and Window World wants to install tomorrow. We signed the contract 2/6 and knew we had to have things away form windows and all window treatments down. But you never know when they are going to come so you put it off. So we got 3 blinds down, most of the furniture away from the windows. Luckily they do one window at a time, one window out one window in policy and they are going to start on the patio door so that gives us time to get the others done while they are doing the door. But just doing what we have done shows me the dust/
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,532 Member
    Options
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    Very interesting high school in Columbus,Oh.We need more just like it.

http://www.10tv.com/article/local-high-school-has-100-acceptance-rate-colleges-and-universities
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Good Evening My Dear Friends,

I have only made time to read a little bit today as it’s been very busy. DD took her car to a mechanic to get the breaks looked at and $690 later she has it ready for the trip across country. Of course she doesn’t have the money to pay for it so guess who will. We sure didn’t expect it to be that much as it would have been about half of that in SC.

Today is my brother's birthday. He was a year and 12 days older than me but died of a heart attack at age 51. We always had a strained relationship as adults after growing up almost as twins, but I still miss him.

I want you all to know that I’m thinking of you and wishing you all the best.

pretty-pink-welcome-smiley-emoticon.gifto any Newbies. Come often and join in the chat. This thing works!! Please sign your post with what you want to be called. It makes it easier for us to respond to you. Also a location is great, be it specific or general. We are happy to have you join us.

Today I took one large tote loaded with kids’ clothes to the resale shop. They probably only took about ¼ or less of what I took. I got $18 for what they did keep. Now I know better about what they will take so have sorted through the rest of what I have and will take more tomorrow or the next day. DH took his SUV “full” of other clothes to a church that will give them to the needy. The garage is looking better. I took down one of the clothes racks and have the other one empty and ready to break down. We will keep them for now and may sell them later.

Sending love, good thoughts and sunshine to all of you.

I Love youwriting-a-love-letter-smiley-emoticon.gif
    DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Love, love, love the sibling photos!

<3

Karen in Virginia
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,532 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:

1st day on skinny bike
    wahoo hrm working-
    1st day on summer bike-
    bike ride hm 2 gym, rain- 13.57min. 12.7amph, 145mhr, 2.9mi = 144c
    apple watch- 105c
    SPIN CLASS- 46.42min, 82ar, 103aw, 10-14g, 158mhr, 18.7mi = 380c
    apple watch- 379c
    bike ride gym 2 dome, rain- 6.21min, 140mhr, 13.4amph, = 91c
    apple watch- 47c
    jog station 2 wk- 5.10min, 9.55min mi, 166mhr, .5mi = 70c
    apple watch- 58c
    jog wk 2 sta- 6.09min, 11.49min mi, 155mhr, .5mi = 66c
    apple watch- 55c
    bike ride dome 2 hm- 18.47min, 8.5amph, 160mhr, 2.6mi = 206c
    Apple Watch- 160c

total cal 957
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Karen In Virginia - I knew I recognized you on the Just For Today thread from somewhere. I should've realized it was from here. I only follow 3 discussions. (See how quick I am?! :p haha!) :smile:

Margaret: Beautiful flowers! Are those from Como Park in the Twin Cities? If so, I haven't been there in about a hundred years! That was my favorite place to go as a child. I need to take a weekend trip up there this summer and check it out. So cool to hear about a place that held such wonderfully happy memories for me as a child.

Lanette: Thanks for the kind words about my boss/friend. I saw she posted a picture of herself in her new retirement home on the lake today and she sure looks happy. Takes the sting out of having to say goodbye to her a bit, knowing she looks so great! Love the jokes too by the way. Kids are so genuine and the things that come out of their mouths are so funny!

Rori: Love the wild horse picture. Oh my gosh, I would be in heaven if I lived somewhere I could see that! Just awesome. The horse in your picture looks like my first horse, Lightening. I learned some big lessons from that horse...one of them being when you are a novice rider, you don't buy a horse named Lightening... LOL!

I'm heading to bed early tonight. Was up a lot last night. I tend to obsess about work at night and I wake up feeling like I was jogging all night rather than sleeping. Well, at least what I THINK it must feel like to jog all night. Lord knows I haven't actually jogged in longer than I can remember!

I love all the sibling pictures! It's so cool to see pictures from back in the 60's. I was born in 1960 and life was so different back then. I wish my grandkids could experience life as we did as kids back then. Seemed like life was a whole lot simpler back then...

Hope you all have a wonderful evening and a great day tomorrow! I have my own goal this month to try to log on here every day and read as many posts as I can. Only took me an hour tonight to get caught up! Chatty Cathy's we are on here! Love it.

Hugs to all,
    Tracie in chilly Green Bay

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,337 Member
    Options
    Nancy - good luck at the doctor's

I, too, sometimes wish that I had a sibling. But it was probably a blessing in disguise that I didn't. My father had a hard enough time raising one child, imagine if he had to raise two! Loved all the sibling photos ... allowed me to live vicariously thru you all.

Beth - I have the tightest hamstrings you can possibly imagine. I stretch them every day, but they are still tight as can be.

Lenora - Vince's favorite cake is chocolate with chocolate icing, too. I've told you he was a chocoholic....lol He doesn't mind if you put mini chocolate chips in the cake, either

Tomorrow I need to take some bottles of water to the place where we're having the second CPR session. I went earlier (at the end of March). At first I was going to get box lunches for everyone, but two people said they didn't want them "because we wouldn't eat the bread". dhhh...take the bread off. So I'm feeling "why should I incur the delivery cost plus a tip? So I'm just going to provide bottles of water. If it's a nice day, I would really rather work on opening the pool, anyway. I could probably do away with the delivery charge and tip since I won't be at the Green Room anyway, but why should I have to go pick them up, get the money for them? I'll just make it easy on myself and take bottles of water then pick up whatever is left over when it works into my schedule.

I also need to stop at the soup kitchen to give them the rest of the items from the general meeting plus the check for the donations from the Newcomers. Then I'll stop at the post office. They said they had a package for me. I suspect it's these bands that I traded a DVD with another gal for. I'm just going to leave the bands down at the condo.

Cheri - your daughter could never say that she isn't your daughter, you look so much alike

Jessica called earlier. She'll be down this weekend, but she doesn't know if she'll be here for Easter dinner. I'm suspecting that she'll want to go back Sun, just not sure what time. I would like to go to church with Vince.

DJ - where does your daughter live? Jess is coming here Fri to get a new catalytic converter. It would be well over $1,000 by her and we don't think it'll be more than $600 down here, that's why she's coming. I do wish she could find a job here in NC in her field, not so much that I want her near me (well, I would like it but that's not the determining factor) but so that she doesn't have to make so many trips because things are just so expensive up there.

Michele in NC
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,907 Member
    Options
    :) Stats for today:
    190 minutes walking Sasha and Bessie
    107 minutes riding the exercise bike
    two hour line dance class
    90 minute nap

:) I'm headed for bed early so I can get up early to be ready to teach the intermediate line dance class for my friend who is going away for a long weekend trip.

<3 Barbie in NW Washington
  • grogers511
    grogers511 Posts: 476 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Accountability Post
    Tuesday's Progress (4/11)
    1. Carbs 50-75g (limit 25g/meal)
    (B20, L3, D51, MS 15= 89g)
    2. Fiber 30g (28g)
    ✔3. Track/complete entry daily
    4. Vegetables - big salad daily
    5. Exercise - log 30 Fitbit minutes, 2 miles, 5000 steps. And the elliptical 5 days a week.
    6. No eating after 9pm.
    7. In bed by midnight.
    8. Declutter: Electronics, Craft Supplies, Pantry, ✔Fridge, Cooking and Baking, Dishes and Serving, ✔Linen Closet, Laundry Closet, ✔Medicine Cabinets, ✔Personal Care.
    ✔9. Digital Detox. Track daily timeouts. (Time-out: 3 hrs)

Almost forgot to post yesterday's accountability. This has not been my best week... Onward.

--Ginger in Texas
  • therwil
    therwil Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I have been plateaued at about fifteen pounds for three weeks. I overate today as I felt bad about it. I have to stop doing that!!! Keep up the good job everyone. Joyce in Edmonton.
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Joyce – We had windows put in by Window World. We were very satisfied. We had windows made to go into the places where screens were; none the same size; so they had to measure them and go back and cut them to fit. While putting one in, they cracked it; and, it got replaced within a week.

Our house stays dusty because we live on a ‘dirt road’. I something ‘try’ really hard NOT to look up too often! I dust the fan blades about every 2 weeks. Just noticed that I need to get up and pull down my toppers – heck I don’t know what they are actually called. That 12-14” curtain that is up just to cover the top of the windows.

patcheoh – Sounds like what we call “Charter Schools” around here. The parents are required to be ‘involved’ with the school – coming to PTA meetings, involved in fund-raisers, helping with the things their children do, football, basketball, softball, baseball, cheerleading, soccer, everything; if you don’t put your hours in, your child probably won’t get back in. Doesn’t matter how much money you make or not – not a ‘private school’; but, really rigorous testing to make sure the students are getting the ‘college preparatory education’. I grew up in a small town in the middle of the State of Georgia and although we had only about 500 students 8th grade through 12th; we were considered a ‘college preparatory HS’; but, also very strong in the ‘technical’ preparatory, with FFA/FHA, strong football, basketball, and band. Most parents were pretty involved. Money-wise or other contributions and a lot of ‘support’. We participated in region, district, and state competitions in ‘drama’, ‘choir’, ‘band’, and we had a lot of ‘clubs’, including foreign languages (French and Latin). I did not much care for the counselor who take foreign languages because she made me the one-girl welcoming committee for all the ‘new’ students. UGH! Had to make friends with them and try to get them involved and finding friends who lived near them or rode the same bus. Bus service throughout the entire county, so no reason for someone to NOT attend. Very prepared for going off to college, just about anywhere we wanted to go. We had to have a ‘certain’ number of credits in subject like Math, English, History, Biology and also had to have a certain number of ½ credits by the end of our 5 years. They actually did not start counting until you were in 9th grade unless you were in AP classes. Thankfully, I was ‘in math’ and when I was ‘supposed’ to take TRIG in 11th grade and we had an ‘unemployed-engineer-turned-teacher’ Knee-Jerk; I got up the first day of class and walked out (with a lot of pomp and circumstance). Got his attention and he asked me where I thought I was going … ‘to take typing; something that I KNOW I will always be able to get a job with’. He was a horrible teacher and the smart kids were teaching other smart kids how to work the problems. All he ever did was ‘take roll’, give assignments that if you did not finish them, they were homework; and sit at his desk with his back turned to the class and feet up on the chalkboard eraser tray and read the ‘want ads’. I don’t think he stayed but that one year. He was a 'cute' little pompous @$$. I don't think even the 'other' teachers had much to do with him.

Our DYS’s step-daughter attends a Charter School in Louisiana and won a grant for the school because she came in the top 3% of all students that were given a test in the state. They had 10 students that were in the top 10% in the state.

DJ – I have found that for all the clothes I took to a ‘gently used’ store for resale; never got more than $20; figured I’d be better to give them to Goodwill or to a church and take the $250 donation to charity on my income tax return.

I think I have a ‘dying’ mouse; probably from falling off the arm of my chair. Sometimes I put it up there and it just slides off. It makes me want to throw it across the room. Next time I will buy a mouse with a tail!

Rori – Y’all make for a ‘good looking pair of siblings’. He looks familiar for some reason; what is that ‘logo’ on his shirt? You are a very attractive woman, too.

Tracie in chilly Green Bay – I was born in 1951; in a small town, and I really think my childhood was pretty happy for the most part. Two older sisters; one of them and Carol (Peach1948) were in the same class. So Carol and I are from the same hometown; but, live in opposite directions in the state; probably about the same distance from ‘hometown’ now.

Michele - DDnL#2 bought a cake, I think from Wal-Mart. It was the moistest cake I think I have ever had from a store bakery. I’m sure that it was made just for her. But, I am not much of a cake or sweet eater. DH is a BIG sweet eater. So he gets the big chunk to bring home. Louis will make brownies; but puts our own pecans in them. Just likes the plain old brownies, not too wild about the ones with other things, no caramel and stuff like that. No ‘extra’ chocolate syrup.

In Georgia we no longer have to have our cars inspected and make sure we have a working ‘catalytic converter’; but, if your car is smoking like a smoke stack, the police will pull you over and probably give you some sort of ticket.

ecs1516 – Where in Georgia do you live? General or specific. What do you prefer to be called so we can ‘get to know you better’. Tell us a little bit about yourself.

Lenora
  • pyanko7
    pyanko7 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the lovely sibling pictures.

We had the two youngest grandchildren (5 and 3) over yesterday afternoon. Hunter (5) tells his sister Hannah (3) to stop bugging papa, because "he is old". My dear husband asked Hunter why he thought that. Hunter's reply - Because you keep telling us you are old.

Road trip tomorrow - I'm off to my daughter's for Easter. DH is staying home because he has to work, so I'm taking the dog (he's a good travel companion) and heading out early tomorrow.

Do frustration and stress count as calorie reducers? Maybe if I stomp about a bit and do some cussing? Board meeting tonight (we are all volunteers) and left after the meeting feeling very frustrated with one of our members. He kept insisting that he just couldn't visualize what we were doing and needed an image of the finished project in order to "see" it. I just got the feeling that if I had been male, he would not have questioned the project at all. Like woman can't handle construction details. LOL Before I met my current husband, I was a single parent. I have painted, built fence and stairs, ripped my kitchen flooring out down to the subfloor, installed cement board, then ceramic tile, helped my son do drywall and plastering, ripped out the shower and installed a new one and installed a toilet - I think I know a little bit about construction. Didn't do these things because I wanted to, I did them because I couldn't afford to pay someone else to do them. Just feel this guy thinks women should be "bare foot and pregnant, cooking in the kitchen". "Fire truck!" I just felt so frustrated. Thanks for letting me vent.

Hugs to everyone.

Paula Y